collapse

Advertisement

Author Topic: Suppressor  (Read 13398 times)

Offline CP

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • Old Salt
Re: Suppressor
« Reply #30 on: August 23, 2017, 11:32:26 AM »
Wait times are improving.

Offline Mongo Hunter

• Political & Covid-19 Topics
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Longhunter
  • Pew Pew lifestyle
« Reply #31 on: August 23, 2017, 11:59:25 AM »
Talked to the ATF Monday and she said I was still a couple months out. Faster than I was expecting honestly. we'll see if they get it to me under 12 months. Bought mine march 11th.
Vegetarian: Old Indian word for Bad Hunter.

Offline SGTDuffman

• Scout
« Reply #32 on: August 23, 2017, 12:54:32 PM »
Purchased 9/28/16. All paperwork completed 10/14/16. ATF check cashed 11/21/16. Stamp in 8/19/17.

Way sooner than I'd expected following another forum where people put up daily posts just like what I did here. They were all running just over a year.

Offline CP

• Old Salt
« Reply #33 on: August 23, 2017, 01:35:47 PM »
Looks like they have worked through the glut of pre-41F submissions.  It should improve rapidly now.

Offline b23

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (+7)
  • Frontiersman
« Reply #34 on: August 23, 2017, 01:45:32 PM »
Talked to the ATF Monday and she said I was still a couple months out. Faster than I was expecting honestly. we'll see if they get it to me under 12 months. Bought mine march 11th.

I think the ATF got buried with Form 4's the months leading up to 41F going into affect back in July 2016 and once they get through that huge backlog caused by that mad scramble, I think there is a chance we could get back to six month wait times again.  That, and the suppressor market is kind of in the toilet right now and everyone either got all stocked up prior to 41F or the extra BS you have to go through because of 41F it has turned people off and they said screw it or they are waiting for the HPA to pass, which IMO is a bad idea because the likelihood of it being passed is verrrrrrrry slim and anyone who is waiting, is just going to prolong their wait.

MH, I don't want to give you false hope, but on my last suppressor I got approved, I called when I thought I should be getting close, believe it was on a thur., the ATF lady I talked to said nope it's still pending so like you I was thinking I had a few more months to go, but then I got a call from my dealer the following Monday and he tells me to come pick it up because they just got the approval back.  As you can imagine, I didn't argue, and was at his shop within the hour.  So hopefully you'll get one of those good kind of calls, real soon. :tup:

Offline Mongo Hunter

• Longhunter
  • Pew Pew lifestyle
« Reply #35 on: August 23, 2017, 01:50:41 PM »
b23

Yeah I received a call from my dealer that the ATF needed more info from me. So I called and all she needed was my SSN and place of birth to put on my fingerprint card for verification. real easy. She said she was putting it through and should just be "a couple more months". Even if I get it by Christmas its early and ill be happy  :chuckle:

Offline b23

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Frontiersman
« Reply #36 on: August 23, 2017, 01:55:34 PM »
b23

Yeah I received a call from my dealer that the ATF needed more info from me. So I called and all she needed was my SSN and place of birth to put on my fingerprint card for verification. real easy. She said she was putting it through and should just be "a couple more months". Even if I get it by Christmas its early and ill be happy  :chuckle:

:tup:

Offline Biggerhammer

• Old Salt
  • Powder, primer, bullet JUNKIE.
« Reply #37 on: October 03, 2017, 09:23:56 PM »
Purchase a Silencer Co Omega 30. Call it good and run it on everything up to .30 cal. Lots of deals to be found on the net. If you need a bit of help other than us real world guys there's several Google Fu experts here that can fake reality for you!👍

Offline CP

• Old Salt
« Reply #38 on: October 04, 2017, 10:27:31 AM »
So I'd like to get a suppressor for my 5.56.  Anyone recommend a good make and model and anyone you would recommend buying it from.  Also is the process still taking months and months?  Thanks for any thoughts and or advice.

Yes, still takes months & months.  My transfer was just approved today - 208 days from submitting the form 4.  Still need to wait for the approval to make it to the dealer.   

Make that 248 days - I forgot about the 40 days just to cash my check.
« Last Edit: October 04, 2017, 10:48:32 AM by CP »

Offline TheHunt

• Washington For Wildlife
  • Old Salt
« Reply #39 on: October 04, 2017, 11:26:37 AM »
You all just convinced me to get a trust and start the paper work. 

Is there any specific trust I should use? 
275 down 2

Offline CP

• Old Salt
« Reply #40 on: October 04, 2017, 11:29:50 AM »
I won’t recommend a trust.  With the recent law changes they aren’t worth the hassle and the ATF doesn’t seem to know what to do with the trust approvals.   Approval times for trusts are way longer for an individual.

Offline j_h_nimrod

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (+1)
  • Sourdough
« Reply #41 on: October 04, 2017, 12:24:10 PM »

Purchase a Silencer Co Omega 30. Call it good and run it on everything up to .30 cal. Lots of deals to be found on the net. If you need a bit of help other than us real world guys there's several Google Fu experts here that can fake reality for you!👍

:yeah: :yeah:

I bought one and am very happy with the quality and various adapter options. Not cheap but very quality and you can use it on everything from a .22lr up to a .30 magnum.

I won’t recommend a trust.  With the recent law changes they aren’t worth the hassle and the ATF doesn’t seem to know what to do with the trust approvals.   Approval times for trusts are way longer for an individual.

:yeah:

Offline Mossy

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (+9)
  • Sourdough
« Reply #42 on: October 07, 2017, 06:49:48 AM »
I received mine in May; about a year long process going the trust route.

Offline Mongo Hunter

• Longhunter
  • Pew Pew lifestyle
« Reply #43 on: October 10, 2017, 01:31:01 PM »
Just got the call! Tax stamp in!!!!

Offline b23

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Frontiersman
« Reply #44 on: October 10, 2017, 01:53:56 PM »
Just got the call! Tax stamp in!!!!

Congrats!!!  Now, the addiction begins... :yike:

* Advertisement

* Recent Topics

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal