collapse

Advertisement

Poll

Members are complaining about the off-topics board, how should it be changed?

Keep off-topics the way it is, members can freely opt in and opt out
168 (58.7%)
Keep off-topics the way it is but make all members opt in again
11 (3.8%)
Make off topics by request and approval only, you would have to request membership
13 (4.5%)
Remove off-topics from the forum completely
38 (13.3%)
I really don't care what happens with off-topics
31 (10.8%)
Off Topics has the same rules as the rest of the forum
25 (8.7%)

Total Members Voted: 286

Author Topic: POLL: Members are complaining about the off-topics, how should it be changed?  (Read 53565 times)

Online bearpaw

• Family, Friends, Outdoors
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+10)
  • Legend
  • "Rather Be Cougar Huntin"
    • http://www.facebook.com/DaleDenney
    • Bearpaw Outfitters
  • Groups: NRA, SCI, F4WM, NWTF, IOGA, MOGA, CCOC, BBB, RMEF, WSTA, WSB
OT is basically the section where two people in particular focus solely on posting as many links as possible to the most obscure political websites not yet known to man. Other than that I'm not sure what else happens  :chuckle:

Oh wait, bets for .22 bricks are made there as well.
:yeah:
Boy howdy, ain't that the truth!!!
So, I tried to find it, but couldn't..... how do you opt out of random, I mean off topics?
Honestly, can't figure it out on my phone...

I removed you from it. You can also opt in and out at random in your profile. :tup:
Americans are systematically advocating, legislating, and voting away each others rights. Support all user groups & quit losing opportunity!

http://bearpawoutfitters.com Guided Hunts, Unguided, & Drop Camps in Idaho, Montana, Utah, and Wash. Hunts with tags available (no draw needed) for spring bear, fall bear, bison, cougar, elk, mule deer, turkey, whitetail, & wolf! http://trophymaps.com DIY Hunting Maps are also offered

Offline Elkcollector82

• Work to live, not live to work.
  • Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (+1)
  • Longhunter
  • Hunt hard by laying boot tracks, Not tire tracks
I've opt in for this topic when I signed up. I might go in and look around. But for the most part I don't. Nothing wrong with it. But I don't talk politics or any of that in my normal everyday life. So I'm sure as heck ain't gonna type about it. I'd say leave it as is. Unless someone boils it over to the hunting side of the forum. Then smash it before it gets out of hand.

Offline Special T

• Truth the new Hate Speech.
  • Business Sponsor
  • Trade Count: (+13)
  • Legend
  • Make it Rain!
    • Silver Arrow Bowmen
    • Silver Arrow Bowmen
I'm always amazed how only a small amount of people vote in polls on here. Is it because a lot of people access it thru Tapatalk where for some reason polls don't show up?
Yes. When the kids are typing up home work, or I have just a few min I just use the phone.

Tap talk is not a great format for the H-W forum since it doesn't cross over well with this forums software.

When people ask for help I don't respond unless there is a location in the help request. 

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk
In archery we have something like the way of the superior man. When the archer misses the center of the target, he turns round and seeks for the cause of his failure in himself. 

Confucius

Offline b0bbyg

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (+4)
  • Sourdough
I'm always amazed how only a small amount of people vote in polls on here. Is it because a lot of people access it thru Tapatalk where for some reason polls don't show up?

My guess is because many people are looking in the boards they care about.  If they are only interested in trapping or fishing would they see a poll posted in virtual campfire?   While I really like the recent topics panel I bet lots of people ignore it.

If it is an all user poll that you want large participation in can you send a PM or email to users to vote?  This may be the only way many would be aware the poll even exists.  I would say I am a fairly active in viewing content and I almost missed it.
In God we trust, all others bring cash.

Do not say, Why were the old days better than these? For it is not wise to ask such questions.
Ecclesiastes 7 10

Offline Special T

• Truth the new Hate Speech.
  • Business Sponsor
  • Trade Count: (+13)
  • Legend
  • Make it Rain!
    • Silver Arrow Bowmen
    • Silver Arrow Bowmen
Finally figured out how to vote via my phone!
In archery we have something like the way of the superior man. When the archer misses the center of the target, he turns round and seeks for the cause of his failure in himself. 

Confucius

* Advertisement

* Recent Topics

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal