collapse

Advertisement

Author Topic: Lurkers.....Esteemed members  (Read 92364 times)

Offline JoeE

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (+2)
  • Sourdough
Re: Lurkers.....Esteemed members
« Reply #90 on: August 13, 2017, 09:44:20 AM »
I've been on the site over nine years. I don't post near as much I could or should. It goes in spurts, I took a couple year break from the site at one point in the middle but have been back on pretty consistently the past few years.

My biggest gripe is from the few whackadoodles on here who I'm pretty sure don't hunt or fish or do much outdoors but just come on here to spread tinfoil nonsense.

Offline DeerThug

• Political & Covid-19 Topics
  • Trade Count: (+1)
  • Longhunter
« Reply #91 on: August 13, 2017, 11:03:42 AM »
I am in the boat as most of the comments.  I rarely chime in and dont think i even posted any of my hunts or pics from last year.  It got to the place as most have said that right off the bat it goes sideways.  Just not worth the time,

I found this site several years ago when i drew my moose tag via google.  And yes my first posts were for help with an OIL tag.  And yeah got nailed for it.  Kinda was taken aback frankly.  Did get two on here that via pm got me dialed in and i took if from there and took a pretty good bull. 

I think the crap we are all describing is part of the cultural decline we see in general.  Some of it i also think is generational.  Not sure we can fix that.  Maybe a general reminder on occasion to all would not be a bad idea. 

And maybe for new members when they sign up they get an auto-message on suggested edicate  and what to expect if they ask for help before the 100th post.

I consider myself a pretty sage and experienced hunter and think have a lot to offer to those that have not got the grey hair and miles on the boots as i.  I do my share of killing.  There are a lot of us here that are the same. So it is their loss i guess that they turn us off from contributing more than what some of us do.   

Thug
Shoot straight Shoot often

Offline hunter399

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Old Salt
  • If you know me,then you know I give zero #&$@$
  • Groups: NRA RMEF
« Reply #92 on: August 13, 2017, 11:29:14 AM »
This year I offered a member help with youth turkey ,seeing his posts that he would be in the same area hunting as me and my son.Then I post my opening mourning story,of my son and me hunting,and get rude comment from him.

So after that I will never pm , or help another hunter,unless I meet them in person first.

The first year I was on here I posted harvest photos,but not anymore,and with trail cams I try not to post them anymore,to many internet police wanting to throw the reg book at you.

I'm one of the most disliked members for being outspoken,or for really saying how I feel about topics that come up on the forum.But if everybody agree on topic,or doesn't share there point of view, not much of a forum if you can't express your opinion.
I rather piss in the wind,then have piss down my back.

Offline JimmyHoffa

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Explorer
« Reply #93 on: August 13, 2017, 11:30:21 AM »
Seem to recall that photo police weren't really too much of an issue until one member posted a success pic with a deer and his bow was in it with a flashlight attached.

Offline h20hunter

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • Legend
« Reply #94 on: August 13, 2017, 11:37:12 AM »
I remember that.  :bdid:

Offline Elkcollector82

• Work to live, not live to work.
  • Non-Hunting Topics
  • Longhunter
  • Hunt hard by laying boot tracks, Not tire tracks
« Reply #95 on: August 13, 2017, 11:48:36 AM »
I've pm'ed people and gave them advice on areas. Asked for help per pm'ing people that posted their knowledge about areas never heard a word back from either one. I kick it around to post pictures. But like most people said. Internet police looking to get 10pts (which won't help them anyways) had stopped me from that. My son wanted to post his first buck he took. Wouldn't do it cause I'm not gonna let him see the bashing and negativity that some grown men have.

I'm all for talking hunting and fishing and everyone gonna have different point of view. That's what makes this country great. But when it goes from that to some guy miss reading it and trying to say you did this or that illegal. No thanks. I'll just stay logged out and lurk.  I can give great advice on where some animals are. I spend 6 months out in the woods cause my wife and job allows it. But the negativity stops that.

Offline Leeroi

• Pilgrim
« Reply #96 on: August 13, 2017, 12:06:14 PM »
           We all have a love of Hunting. I have always enjoyed looking at animals, equipment and reading stories. Seems that we all want to enjoy others posts, but as soon as a 'negative' post comes out it becomes open season not only for the original post but all over the negative as well. Posting to say good job or thanks for sharing seems to have become more rare over time.
           Maybe, we all should go back to our roots of the love of the hunt and enjoy that we have a place where kindred spirits can come together and share experiences both good and bad.

Offline Bob33

• Global Moderator
  • Legend
  • Groups: SCI, RMEF, NRA, Hunter Education
« Reply #97 on: August 13, 2017, 12:37:13 PM »
If someone posts an image with clearly illegal behavior, wouldn't you prefer to hear about it here first rather than from an enforcement officer? Lots of hunters violate game laws unintentionally. Many of the so called "internet police" are really trying to help in certain cases, as I see it.
Nature. It's cheaper than therapy.

Offline bearpaw

• Family, Friends, Outdoors
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+10)
  • Legend
  • "Rather Be Cougar Huntin"
    • http://www.facebook.com/DaleDenney
    • Bearpaw Outfitters
  • Groups: NRA, SCI, F4WM, NWTF, IOGA, MOGA, CCOC, BBB, RMEF, WSTA, WSB
« Reply #98 on: August 13, 2017, 12:44:11 PM »
If someone posts an image with clearly illegal behavior, wouldn't you prefer to hear about it here first rather than from an enforcement officer? Lots of hunters violate game laws unintentionally. Many of the so called "internet police" are really trying to help in certain cases, as I see it.

:yeah: I agree, I think in many cases people are trying to help and it gets misinterpreted.
Americans are systematically advocating, legislating, and voting away each others rights. Support all user groups & quit losing opportunity!

http://bearpawoutfitters.com Guided Hunts, Unguided, & Drop Camps in Idaho, Montana, Utah, and Wash. Hunts with tags available (no draw needed) for spring bear, fall bear, bison, cougar, elk, mule deer, turkey, whitetail, & wolf! http://trophymaps.com DIY Hunting Maps are also offered

Offline medic6

• Hunter
« Reply #99 on: August 13, 2017, 12:44:36 PM »
I had to think about this one for a minute and still was unable to conclude why I don't post.  I suppose putting a face with a name might help.  Time to start meeting folks and contributing to this pretty amazon place. 

Offline Elkcollector82

• Work to live, not live to work.
  • Non-Hunting Topics
  • Longhunter
  • Hunt hard by laying boot tracks, Not tire tracks
« Reply #100 on: August 13, 2017, 01:07:52 PM »

:yeah: I agree, I think in many cases people are trying to help and it gets misinterpreted.

I agree. But I'm sure that's why you guys have a pm option. Once someone puts it out on the forum of so called "helping" out.  Then it's a snowball effect and it goes south real quick with bashing and negativity.

Offline cookingdaily

• Hunter
  • USMC 90-94
« Reply #101 on: August 13, 2017, 01:23:57 PM »
Just read this and took this section out why wait for 100 posts we are all on this site to promote hunting and fishing as a sport and sometimes a way of life.

Maybe for new members when they sign up they get an auto-message on suggested edicate  and what to expect if they ask for help before the 100th post.
There are 2 things no one can take from me!
My Word and My Handshake both of which are True!
Had to steal this, I live this motto daily

Offline rougheye

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Sourdough
« Reply #102 on: August 13, 2017, 01:26:05 PM »

:yeah: I agree, I think in many cases people are trying to help and it gets

misinterpreted.

I've actually gotten a visit f
Rom the game warden from a pic I put on this sight. Turned out to b
E nothing but jealousy from some popular members on this sight  I don't post pics anymore. This used to be a great place.i don't post but I still lurke

Offline inchtowntracking

• Scout
« Reply #103 on: August 13, 2017, 01:42:30 PM »
Bashing is what stopped me from posting. Now I just try to enjoy the picts.

Offline Curly

• Legend
« Reply #104 on: August 13, 2017, 01:50:32 PM »

I agree. But I'm sure that's why you guys have a pm option. Once someone puts it out on the forum of so called "helping" out.  Then it's a snowball effect and it goes south real quick with bashing and negativity.

The PM option is great, but posting in the open forum would help educate everyone.
May I always be the kind of person my dog thinks I am.

><((((º>` ><((((º>. ><((((º>.¸><((((º>

* Advertisement

* Recent Topics

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal