collapse

Advertisement

Author Topic: Lurkers.....Esteemed members  (Read 92306 times)

Offline walt

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (+1)
  • Longhunter
Re: Lurkers.....Esteemed members
« Reply #120 on: August 13, 2017, 07:04:01 PM »
I'm one of those that have been around a long time and used to be fairly active but rarely post anymore.  I still check in but there are a handful members that seem to only be here to create drama, belittle others, stir the pot, or just be a d-bag in general.  It sucks because I really did enjoy sharing photos, info, and stories and I've met and PM'd with some great people.  I just don't like a handful of the regular participants.

Offline Curly

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Legend
« Reply #121 on: August 13, 2017, 07:05:30 PM »
In the 10 yrs I've been on here I've never used the report to moderator feature. I will try to do a better job now of notifying, especially if I see anything like that.
May I always be the kind of person my dog thinks I am.

><((((º>` ><((((º>. ><((((º>.¸><((((º>

Offline bearpaw

• Family, Friends, Outdoors
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+10)
  • Legend
  • "Rather Be Cougar Huntin"
    • http://www.facebook.com/DaleDenney
    • Bearpaw Outfitters
  • Groups: NRA, SCI, F4WM, NWTF, IOGA, MOGA, CCOC, BBB, RMEF, WSTA, WSB
« Reply #122 on: August 13, 2017, 07:23:25 PM »
deerhuntr4885 I know that nothing can replace the heartbreak your family experienced. I do want you to know that I appreciate your post, it drives home what I feel is the most serious issue we need to correct on this forum. I'm very sorry but thank you for explaining what happened.

We are reading each and every comment posted in this topic.
Americans are systematically advocating, legislating, and voting away each others rights. Support all user groups & quit losing opportunity!

http://bearpawoutfitters.com Guided Hunts, Unguided, & Drop Camps in Idaho, Montana, Utah, and Wash. Hunts with tags available (no draw needed) for spring bear, fall bear, bison, cougar, elk, mule deer, turkey, whitetail, & wolf! http://trophymaps.com DIY Hunting Maps are also offered

Offline ac_156

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Hunter
« Reply #123 on: August 13, 2017, 07:30:14 PM »
 I will find topics that interest me learn from what other people post. Probably should contribute more but  i don't feel I have anything useful to say. So I just use it as a source of knowledge.

Offline PlateauNDN

• Y.A.R. Medicine Man
  • Political & Covid-19 Topics
  • Explorer
  • R.I.P. Colockumelk 20130423. Semper Fi!
« Reply #124 on: August 13, 2017, 07:34:47 PM »
You weren't asking for my opinion, I know (I post too much already).

I really enjoy CRyder.  I wish people would lay off of him, his posts are very entertaining.

I miss the young fellow who could really fish (I have forgotten his name).  Always stuck his tongue out in the pictures.  Everybody has a place here, that guy never hurt anybody. 

The hunters/fishers from the Native American community have a special place here, in my opinion, because many of them spend MUCH more time in the field and have a lot to offer.  I really get tired of the "they only got that bull because they can drive behind the locked gates" baloney.  Blah, blah, blah.  Maybe there should be some sort of disclaimer posted by every tribal member before they post: "I'm an Indian, if you can't handle this message, go somewhere else and cry." 

The east/west stuff is just silly, so I ignore it.  The Indian bashing really makes me want to leave.  They are hunters, too, and this is a hunting site.

I enjoy reading cryder's posts, theyre entertaining and challenging all at the same time. You have to read and reread it and read between the lines to get an idea of what he's saying. I also remember the guy you're referring to that slayed salmon like a champ and always blacked his face except his tongue. I liked his pics and posts as he never responded to anybody giving him crap or criticizing.

My 12 year old nephew drew a big bull tag and killed a 280 bull. His dad's first post to this forum was that bull. My nephew was so excited. After a few posts the "His dad probably shot that". "I wonder whose orchard he shot that in?" And my favorite...."That's a dink for that tag. I would not have shot it."  He cried that night and neither he or his dad have been back.

Defending poachers and other criminals, politics, bashing the police. Off topics ruined this site for me. If I have something to say I usually just PM.

I remember that thread. It's sucks he had to endure that crap from people. And it's not just him but others as well that have to put up with crap from some that have nothing better to do.

I can only wonder what he and his father could've contributed to this site in the dorm of stories, pics and knowledge. It also makes one wonder the countless other people that were chased off or turned off by the crap and didn't join or haven't posted at all.

If you can read thank a teacher, If you can read in English thank a Marine! 
Not as Lean, Just as Mean, Still a Marine!
He who shed blood with me shall forever be my brother!

"Around this camp, there's only one Chief; the rest are Indians!"

"Give me 15 more minutes, I was dreaming of Beavers!"

Offline Holg3107

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Sourdough
« Reply #125 on: August 13, 2017, 07:36:07 PM »
I post here and there but read daily. Honestly what most everyone else has posted is pretty spot on. The amount of internet cops, online muscles, and general negativity has simply made it feel like posting experiences and photos isn't worth it. The east vs. west BS that turns up constantly is a mass turn off. The amount of pics and success / failure stories seems to really have dropped off and that IMO was the best part of the site.

Not sure what happened to the Photo of the Month contest but I always voted and always enjoyed that.

One idea to help bring things like this back would be some simple contests like photo of the month, success thread of the month, I don't know something to encourage people to post more photos and experiences.

Also think the ban hammer could be brought out and cull the heard a bit that seems to be creating some of these problems. As was previously mentioned give a few of the really long term mods Thors Hammer and let them have at it as they see fit.

Offline FWilliams

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Scout
« Reply #126 on: August 13, 2017, 07:49:11 PM »
My 12 year old nephew drew a big bull tag and killed a 280 bull. His dad's first post to this forum was that bull. My nephew was so excited. After a few posts the "His dad probably shot that". "I wonder whose orchard he shot that in?" And my favorite...."That's a dink for that tag. I would not have shot it."  He cried that night and neither he or his dad have been back

This crap right here. :yeah:       I have heard this from members with kids. I had 2 former members on my boat Sat. they will never come back because of the way their kids were treated when posting harvest pics with special permits. A trophy is in the eye of the tag holder, especially a youth, maybe his or her first harvest ever?   the young man that harvested that bull brings it by our camp and he is a legend in our eyes.   Then you have the elite club that has to come on here and tell you about the mega critter harvested but cant share pics with the general forum? whats up with that ?

I have tried to help out a few guys on here when I knew they could use something and I have never asked for anything in return.......I wish we could see some of the older posts from when Ray started the place , and what the place used to be like. I ended up here because the  monster muleys  sight went to crap, seeing the same crap here now.

Fred

Offline Dan-o

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (+24)
  • Explorer
« Reply #127 on: August 13, 2017, 08:10:21 PM »
My 12 year old nephew drew a big bull tag and killed a 280 bull. His dad's first post to this forum was that bull. My nephew was so excited. After a few posts the "His dad probably shot that". "I wonder whose orchard he shot that in?" And my favorite...."That's a dink for that tag. I would not have shot it."  He cried that night and neither he or his dad have been back

This crap right here. :yeah:       I have heard this from members with kids. I had 2 former members on my boat Sat. they will never come back because of the way their kids were treated when posting harvest pics with special permits. A trophy is in the eye of the tag holder, especially a youth, maybe his or her first harvest ever?   the young man that harvested that bull brings it by our camp and he is a legend in our eyes.   Then you have the elite club that has to come on here and tell you about the mega critter harvested but cant share pics with the general forum? whats up with that ?

I have tried to help out a few guys on here when I knew they could use something and I have never asked for anything in return.......I wish we could see some of the older posts from when Ray started the place , and what the place used to be like. I ended up here because the  monster muleys  sight went to crap, seeing the same crap here now.

Fred

Stuff like what happened to that 12 year old should not be allowed.  Period.    And it also shouldn't happen to adults.

Remember the recent thread on that huge road kill bull in Auburn?     It didn't take long for people to start suggesting it was more likely poached.

I hope the site owner/moderators seriously consider a rule that says if you defame somebody, you are banned until such time as you post a written retraction with an apology.

There should be zero tolerance for suggesting that others cheated/poached/etc without proof.     
Member:   Yakstrakgutp (or whatever we are)
I love the BFRO!!!
I wonder how many people will touch their nose to their screen trying to read this...

Offline Bob33

• Global Moderator
  • Legend
  • Groups: SCI, RMEF, NRA, Hunter Education
« Reply #128 on: August 13, 2017, 08:14:30 PM »

Fred

Stuff like what happened to that 12 year old should not be allowed.  Period.    And it also shouldn't happen to adults.

Remember the recent thread on that huge road kill bull in Auburn?     It didn't take long for people to start suggesting it was more likely poached.

I hope the site owner/moderators seriously consider a rule that says if you defame somebody, you are banned until such time as you post a written retraction with an apology.

There should be zero tolerance for suggesting that others cheated/poached/etc without proof.   
I don't recall this specific incident with the 12 year old. I can say with virtual certainty that it would not be allowed today. It violates several rules. We have no tolerance for that type of behavior.

"You agree, through your use of this forum, that you will not post any material which is false, defamatory, inaccurate, abusive, vulgar, hateful, harassing, name calling, belittling, threatening, negativity in success topics, unproven accusations, intentionally instigates trouble, obscene, profanity or intended profanity, sexually oriented, adult material, invasive of a person's privacy, or in violation of any International, State, or United States Federal law."
Nature. It's cheaper than therapy.

Offline bearpaw

• Family, Friends, Outdoors
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+10)
  • Legend
  • "Rather Be Cougar Huntin"
    • http://www.facebook.com/DaleDenney
    • Bearpaw Outfitters
  • Groups: NRA, SCI, F4WM, NWTF, IOGA, MOGA, CCOC, BBB, RMEF, WSTA, WSB
« Reply #129 on: August 13, 2017, 08:26:51 PM »

Fred

http://hunting-washington.com/smf/index.php/topic,138143.msg1834137.html#msg1834137
This might be the topic but I can't find the nasty comments, I sent a message to deerhuntr4885 asking if this is the topic. It's possible we cleaned it up, I can't imagine that we would leave those comments if we knew about them.
Americans are systematically advocating, legislating, and voting away each others rights. Support all user groups & quit losing opportunity!

http://bearpawoutfitters.com Guided Hunts, Unguided, & Drop Camps in Idaho, Montana, Utah, and Wash. Hunts with tags available (no draw needed) for spring bear, fall bear, bison, cougar, elk, mule deer, turkey, whitetail, & wolf! http://trophymaps.com DIY Hunting Maps are also offered

Offline kevinlisa06

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (+1)
  • Sourdough
« Reply #130 on: August 13, 2017, 08:29:05 PM »
I don't post much here but do enjoy the site. I will say that I enjoy the FB version better, why you may ask is I can like the post instead of commenting on it.
There are so many people bashing and nit picking others on this site it's ridiculous some days.
If I can contribute to a post I do and have gotten help here aswell and thank the people.
The only way I know how to post a pic on this site is through Tapatalk so frustrating doing it without it. Since I am not technologically savvy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline FWilliams

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Scout
« Reply #131 on: August 13, 2017, 08:57:00 PM »
I don't post much here but do enjoy the site. I will say that I enjoy the FB version better, why you may ask is I can like the post instead of commenting on it.
There are so many people bashing and nit picking others on this site it's ridiculous some days.
If I can contribute to a post I do and have gotten help here aswell and thank the people.
The only way I know how to post a pic on this site is through Tapatalk so frustrating doing it without it. Since I am not technologically savvy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I correspond with a few members and ex members via facebook, the thing about facebook is you don't hide behind a "handle". you use your name. I think a lot of these bashers and nitpickers  would watch what they say if there real name was there for everyone to see.

Offline fishngamereaper

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • Old Salt
« Reply #132 on: August 13, 2017, 08:58:06 PM »
I would like to see a wall of shame. A ban list and reasons why. There are people that go AWOL that may or may not have been banned. Some I just assume banned because of past behavior. Yet there are people on here that constantly seem like they should be banned but are not.

My 12 year old wants to start lurking but I wont let him because of the negativity and bashing.  I know he could learn a lot from some very wise and helpful individuals but I don't want him to see the dark side of the site.  The risk is not worth the reward.

Offline bobcat

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (+14)
  • Legend
    • robert68
« Reply #133 on: August 13, 2017, 09:03:47 PM »
Wow. I sure don't see all the negativity and bashing that some say goes on here. Yes it definitely happens occasionally but it's not the norm.

Offline Bob33

• Global Moderator
  • Legend
  • Groups: SCI, RMEF, NRA, Hunter Education
« Reply #134 on: August 13, 2017, 09:10:44 PM »
Wow. I sure don't see all the negativity and bashing that some say goes on here. Yes it definitely happens occasionally but it's not the norm.
I agree when it comes to photos and success stories.
Nature. It's cheaper than therapy.

* Advertisement

* Recent Topics

Let’s see your best Washington buck by high_hunter
[Yesterday at 10:31:08 PM]

Bearpaw Season - Spring 2024 by actionshooter
[Yesterday at 09:43:51 PM]

Walked a cougar down by MADMAX
[Yesterday at 08:31:53 PM]

Which 12” boat trailer tires? by timberhunter
[Yesterday at 08:22:18 PM]

Lowest power 22 round? by JakeLand