collapse

Advertisement

Author Topic: Lurkers.....Esteemed members  (Read 92328 times)

Offline jackson7

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Scout
Re: Lurkers.....Esteemed members
« Reply #30 on: August 12, 2017, 01:08:47 PM »
I will post when I can help someone out, whether with a product or guidance on a topic I am familiar with. I  don't  chime in on various topics with strong opinions. All are entitled to their own.
PlateauNDN,  I truly enjoy your posts and perspective on many topics. pleased continue. would love to meet you one day.
best to all, Jackson

Offline Bob33

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (+2)
  • Legend
  • Groups: SCI, RMEF, NRA, Hunter Education
« Reply #31 on: August 12, 2017, 01:21:30 PM »
I'm reluctant to post images which include people I know, especially of family members. It really has very little to do with Hunt WA, however. I'm not a paranoid person, but there's a lot of risks both professionally and safety-wise being recognized as a hunter in today's social media world.

I have and will, but with caution.
Nature. It's cheaper than therapy.

Offline Hilltop123

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Sourdough
« Reply #32 on: August 12, 2017, 01:45:32 PM »
Over the years I have come to see this forum, as the digital version of an early 1800's trading post. For folks to wonder in out of the cold, get information, trade goods, make acquaintances, have a laugh with ole friends, not talked to since the last time they wondered in. I have always enjoyed coming here, still do. I enjoy reading the political banter, seeing pic's of the young ones first deer, Bigfoot, the Ole timers last hunt. Asking question about weapons, reloading, places to go, I could go on. But as far as I see it, the good outweighs the bad.

Offline Southpole

• Political & Covid-19 Topics
  • Trade Count: (+1)
  • Frontiersman
  • Groups: NRA
« Reply #33 on: August 12, 2017, 01:52:09 PM »
For me it's the nit picking and judgement of the post's. like not wearing orange in the trophy pic or the pointing out of every detail that could be or has the possibility of being unsafe or maybe could be illegal not that it is but it could be if you look at it a certain way.There also seems to be a clique that can get away with saying things that others can not.I love this place but i don't post much because of this. :(

X2 on the nit picking.

I shot a nice (for me) decent 4X4 muley this last year.    Nothing for the record books, but I was very happy with it.   Kind of an average 4X4 in all aspects.     I actually thought twice about posting it, just because of nit pickers and nay sayers.    I ended up posting it, but I can understand why people don't.

A couple recent examples:
*  Bearpaw posted the 40' buck........   unreal pig of a buck.    It didn't take long for someone to suggest that a fence was involved.    By all indications, that was a free roaming deer.     Why take a cheap shot at someone like that, just because they're fortunate enough to hunt deer in Mexico?
*  That huge (Nevada?) governor's tag buck still in velvet.    Another buck of a lifetime.    And yet, it didn't take long for someone to say the hunter sure has long arms.    Again, why the need for cheap shots??

Can't there be simple decorum like don't take unwarranted cheap shots???????

THANK YOU for all you do to make this forum great.    It's still the best hunting forum I've ever found.     :tup:
:yeah: :yeah: :yeah:

I've had lots of hunting success but most people wouldn't know it on this site about me. I don't like sharing too much as far as pictures unless it's something amazingly huge or nice looking because it's going to get judged and or nit picked. 
$5 is a lot of money if you ain't got it

Offline fish vacuum

• Sourdough
« Reply #34 on: August 12, 2017, 02:03:12 PM »
I'm reluctant to post images which include people I know, especially of family members. It really has very little to do with Hunt WA, however. I'm not a paranoid person, but there's a lot of risks both professionally and safety-wise being recognized as a hunter in today's social media world.

I don't even like posting my own picture online for anything. Not only because some people might not like hunting, but maybe because I'm more private than most people.

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk

Offline Tacbeav

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Tracker
« Reply #35 on: August 12, 2017, 02:27:09 PM »
I see that you are not getting much response from the folks like me with less than 100 posts.  I think that it's just human nature that a few people tend to dominate conversations and that many of us are content to do more "listening" than "talking.  I have found people on here to be very helpful and willing to share certain information, such when they have had a special permit in the past that I asked for information on and I have tried to do the same.  I appreciate that you are trying to get more of us actively participating and I will make an effort to do so.

Offline YoterHunter

• Sourdough
« Reply #36 on: August 12, 2017, 02:32:26 PM »
Drama queens...I don't do facebook because of the drama. Came hear a few years ago and all was good. Now it seems everything is drama. A lot of topics that create hate and division amongst the hunt/fish community. And a small hand full of people that are responsible. I have very thick skin but don't need drama in my life.
.      This one hit it on the nose.

Offline Magnum_Willys

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Old Salt
« Reply #37 on: August 12, 2017, 02:34:42 PM »
regardless of the type of posts, generally less posts = less views = less usage = less posts = less views = less usage ............ = gone.

I could be wrong, maybe we can reduce usage and reduce posts by banning more and restricting more and still grow usage but I doubt it ???

Offline Mark Brenckle

• Washington For Wildlife
  • Sourdough
« Reply #38 on: August 12, 2017, 02:39:04 PM »

I don't even like posting my own picture online for anything. Not only because some people might not like hunting, but maybe because I'm more private than most people.

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk
  That's not you in your profile pic?  :dunno:  :dunno:  :chuckle:

Offline huntnfmly

• Trade Count: (+36)
  • Frontiersman
« Reply #39 on: August 12, 2017, 02:47:37 PM »
I think I was #89 signing up.I remember when the vitual campsite was only 1page.I think this is a great site I have gotten great info and have posted info that I have experience with and will continue to do so
I'm your dam tour guide Arnie please don’t wonder off the dam tour.
Take as many dam pictures as you want ....
Are there any dam questions ..

Offline cbond3318

• Frontiersman
« Reply #40 on: August 12, 2017, 02:49:02 PM »
I've shared a few times but mostly don't. When I pondered why I don't share my hunts or experiences in the outdoors , I guess it's the same reason I mostly hunt alone these days.
What I get out of the outdoors and my experiences are precious to me and i find myself not wanting to bother sharing with anyone that doesn't get exactly the same as what I get out of it.

Not sure if that makes sense or not.
Just tend your own and live.

Offline NRA4LIFE

• Site Sponsor
  • Past Sponsor
  • Trade Count: (+10)
  • Old Salt
  • Groups: NRA
« Reply #41 on: August 12, 2017, 02:49:26 PM »
Drama, mostly.  And I don't care about, nor look at much of anything that is not in somehow related to hunting, fishing or maybe some sports related and garden threads.  It seems like the forum now is mostly that kind of stuff.  And it seems that certain members take it upon themselves to post numerous threads daily about such nonsense.
« Last Edit: August 12, 2017, 02:55:31 PM by NRA4LIFE »
Look man, some times you just gotta roll the dice

Offline Bluemoon

• Business Sponsor
  • Longhunter
    • Tuxedo Kennels/ Tuxedo's Outdoor Adventures
    • Tuxedo Kennels
« Reply #42 on: August 12, 2017, 03:07:09 PM »
For me to many internet experts on here that sit behind their computers.  Those that know how to do everything better than those of us that are in the outdoor industry, because they read it on line as opposed to being out doing it.  Many times I have wanted to step in and help someone out when the advice they are getting is all wrong.  I have found it best to shake my head and move on. 

Offline The scout

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (+7)
  • Sourdough
« Reply #43 on: August 12, 2017, 03:29:11 PM »
The nitpicking is the worst to me, I am not the best with words so anything I post I feel like I really need to think about what i'm typing just so someone doesn't jump on me because they actually just misunderstood what i'm trying to say. I have thick skin but it gets old when it is on every thread know matter what the topic is. There are some very helpful members on here, I don't ask for help much but this year I finally drew a quality deer tag,  I asked for a little help on opinions of timing and got jumped on about asking people to predict the weather, just BS. until I see a real change i'm going to just help people as much as I can and hope when they can they do the same.

Offline BD1

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Sourdough
« Reply #44 on: August 12, 2017, 03:36:08 PM »
Ok I'll bite...for me hunting and everything that goes with it is an escape from all the rest of the crap that is going on in the world. Personally I think that is what a "hunting" forum should be focused on too. When I come here it isn't to read about politics, laws,opinions on suicide and race etc. It just gets old and you top that off with members taking each out at the knees verbally and I lose interest. With that said I have gotten to know a couple of very cool people on here and do enjoy the hunting focused threads...until someone derails/hijacks[size=78%] it.[/size]

Mike BD1

* Advertisement

* Recent Topics

Let’s see your best Washington buck by abhold87
[Today at 12:03:27 PM]

Springer Fishing Opportunity 3/29 & 3/30 by xXLojackXx
[Today at 11:47:13 AM]

Bearpaw Season - Spring 2024 by bearpaw
[Today at 11:45:41 AM]

Walked a cougar down by Rainier10
[Today at 11:17:49 AM]

SB 5444 signed by Inslee on 03/26 Takes Effect on 06/06/24 by hughjorgan