collapse

Author Topic: Lurkers.....Esteemed members  (Read 23222 times)

Offline Seabass

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Scout
Re: Lurkers.....Esteemed members
« Reply #350 on: September 26, 2017, 12:25:53 PM »
The other solution, of course, is to use an actual camera rather than a phone to take your photos. Doesn't anybody carry a camera in their pack anymore?

Clearly....people don't carry cameras anymore....if they did they would use their cameras instead of cell phones.

I'm not picking on you Bobcat, although when I used to post more frequently I did. His comment and MY response, is EXACTLY why people post less or lurk forever.

Text is very easily misunderstood and even more so when you find a person who seems to "virtually rub you the wrong way." I rarely agree with anything Bobcat ever says. As a result of that I form an opinion of him that may or may not be correct, BUT I see his comments in a different light than somebody else might.

So when he posts something like, "doesn't anybody carry a camera anymore?" I read that as....if you don't carry a camera, you are a not nice person. Another person, who might know Bobcat personally, doesn't see his comment the same way I do. That's just human nature and can't be legislated.

Bobcat could potentially be my future best friend....I don't know but most of us react before we think and it is rare to find a person who can accurately articulate their thoughts through text....I tend to be one of those people. I use 98% of my daily patience quota on other stuff. It's better for the site, for me to post less OR only post when I'm in the right mood.
« Last Edit: September 26, 2017, 12:45:11 PM by Woodchuck »

Offline OutHouse

• Virtual Campfire
  • Longhunter
  • Department of Foliage, Lifetime Member
« Reply #351 on: September 29, 2017, 02:53:22 PM »
Holy cow I spent some time looking at early threads in off topics and I'll be upfront and say there was a time when OffTopics was pretty much a native bashing cesspool--those with the strongest opinions tended be the lightest on intellect. Whatever changes have occurred were sorely needed. It's good that those threads are back a ways because they are an embarrassment to this sight and cast hunters exactly in the light that the liberal media would like cast on them--simple minded degenerates.

Offline Special T

• Truth the new Hate Speech.
  • Washington For Wildlife
  • Trade Count: (+11)
  • Explorer
  • Wake me when you need me.
    • Silver Arrow Bowmen
« Reply #352 on: September 29, 2017, 03:03:13 PM »
Holy cow I spent some time looking at early threads in off topics and I'll be upfront and say there was a time when OffTopics was pretty much a native bashing cesspool--those with the strongest opinions tended be the lightest on intellect. Whatever changes have occurred were sorely needed. It's good that those threads are back a ways because they are an embarrassment to this sight and cast hunters exactly in the light that the liberal media would like cast on them--simple minded degenerates.

Don't know if you saw them... there were some really great discussions and contributions on native hunting and how it roles out.. CostalNative, a guy from the Colville and PlateauNDN  have made some great contributions despite the venomous attacks they recieved.  I think its too bad because  they gave the average guy some insight.  :twocents:
The Truth is like Poetry, and most people hate Poetry

Offline OutHouse

• Virtual Campfire
  • Longhunter
  • Department of Foliage, Lifetime Member
« Reply #353 on: September 29, 2017, 03:11:12 PM »

Don't know if you saw them... there were some really great discussions and contributions on native hunting and how it roles out.. CostalNative, a guy from the Colville and PlateauNDN  have made some great contributions despite the venomous attacks they recieved.  I think its too bad because  they gave the average guy some insight.  :twocents:

Oh, I should have clarified that I did find a few gems but for the most part it was a cesspool. The amount of uneducated nonsense being spewed was embarrassing--at least I was embarrassed for the ignorant. In almost every thread you have someone saying they should only be able to use the means they had when the treaties were signed and then referenced spears etc... Of course, anyone with even a middle-schooler's understanding of American history knows the Indians had firearms at that point in time (the mid 1850's).

Online h20hunter

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (+4)
  • Explorer
« Reply #354 on: September 29, 2017, 03:18:42 PM »
Let's not go down this path as there is not anything good at the end. We appreciate the feedback.
Yes, my FJ is pink, I'm all about Team Jacob, beer is not for the horses nor is whiskey for the men, they are both for me.

Offline tlbradford

• Frontiersman
« Reply #355 on: October 01, 2017, 09:39:18 PM »
I will work on posting more.  No real reason for slowing down, other than not having much time in front of a computer.  I have always loved this site.  I never got angry with anything that happened here through the years.  I was sad to see some of the early division, and disagreements, because I saw both sides had quality people with legitimate positions and I wished they could have found common ground.  I look forward to the time I get to spend on here and seeing everyone's results.  It looks like Dale has assembled a good team of mods to help run the site.  I would encourage everyone to use the "report to the moderator feature"  When topics were going hot and heavy, it was really hard to keep up with, and you have a sense of responsibility to try to read everything and that can get overwhelming.  Personally, I really enjoy when people share a bit more and you feel like you get to know them.  That can be tough on a large forum.  I am sad to hear about the negativity from the trolls.  I am always one to enjoy a good debate that is well thought out and where view points are smartly defended, but discouraging someone instead of building them up is horrible. 
Dreams are forever on the mind, realization in the hands.

Offline hoof rot

• Hunter
  • everything tastes better on the wetside
« Reply #356 on: October 05, 2017, 08:48:14 AM »
U deleted my post lol, truth hurts

Online boneaddict

• Site Sponsor
  • Administrator
  • Legend
« Reply #357 on: October 05, 2017, 09:51:27 AM »
I didn't see it.  I'll go look though.   

Oh yes, well, your message was clear, but part of the cleanup is language and attitude.   I asked for folks opinions and was willing to take them all.  Thank you for your input. 
My website.....DDK Photography
http://ddkphotography.pixels.com

Online h20hunter

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (+4)
  • Explorer
« Reply #358 on: October 05, 2017, 10:24:15 AM »
I did delete the post. Opinions are fully welcome both positive and negative. Vulgar terminology will get a post removed.  As Bone said,  that is part of the changes.
Yes, my FJ is pink, I'm all about Team Jacob, beer is not for the horses nor is whiskey for the men, they are both for me.

Offline DaveMonti

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Sourdough
« Reply #359 on: October 05, 2017, 02:13:19 PM »
Thanks for keeping the place civil gentlemen!  It is appreciated!

Offline KFhunter

• Global Moderator
  • Explorer
  • My posts do not reflect an official opinion of HW
« Reply #360 on: October 05, 2017, 02:47:43 PM »
Let's not go down this path as there is not anything good at the end. We appreciate the feedback.

:yeah:

and there's nothing to prevent that valuable insight on tribal issues, we did not ban talking about tribal hunting or gun rights issues or any other issues for that matter

We just ask (demand) that you be civilized in discussing these things and not sling personal attacks and slander at one another for having a differing opinion.
"Beware of false knowledge; it is more dangerous than ignorance." -George Bernard.

Offline Whitefoot

• Off-Topics
  • Hunter
« Reply #361 on: October 05, 2017, 03:08:01 PM »

I couldn't agree more.  :tup:
Cayusm

Offline cohoho

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • Frontiersman
  • Sturgeon Time Yet????
« Reply #362 on: October 14, 2017, 08:03:25 PM »
It has been awhile since I have actively been here engaged with discussions or posted fishing or hunting pictures, it was mainly due to doing a lot of other stuff lately.    I have met some awesome folks from this site that I regularly fish and hunt with..    Met some of the weirdest ones too, but aren't we all a bit off in some sort of way..  lol   Some of the guys I have gotten to know left us way too soon - RIP - ICEMAN!  Others just have moved onto other things in their life, kids, careers, etc...  I think this site is still a good site -maybe it doesn't have the same dynamics as the original HuntWa (Ray) built it, but then that was only a few hundred people, not thousands like today.  Moderators have it tough, cut them some slack unless you step up to do what they are doing.....  Those that get a little too wrapped up in BS stuff that they can't change, let it go, unless you got a positive or active way to influence change, complaining every time your target discussion comes up gets old..  So here is to posting some fishing pictures and coming around the site a little bit more than in the past couple years...  By the way I still got my original HuntWa hat and wear it around sometimes..  Say hello next time you see it...

Offline Naches Sportsman

• Virtual Campfire
  • Trade Count: (+2)
  • Sourdough
« Reply #363 on: November 12, 2017, 09:02:23 PM »
I thought I'd bump this up as people might have more to contribute after hunting season.

I've been careful giving out information this year in pm's and need to be more careful after giving out information to members I found to be on the lazy side. I didn't get any more burnt than last year, but may have paid the price for trying to be too generous. I have gotten some pretty good trail cam footage in the month they've been out, but keeping those photos to myself and those members I trust on here. You won't see any trail cam threads from me again.

I'll shut up giving information out in the future with members I don't know.

BTW @boneaddict, maybe this thead should go back to the virtual campfire for a bit.
« Last Edit: November 12, 2017, 09:09:39 PM by Naches Sportsman »
Leave No Trace!

Offline M_ray

• Virtual Campfire
  • Frontiersman
« Reply #364 on: November 12, 2017, 11:24:00 PM »
I never considered myself an esteemed member. However, there are personalities that seem to live to stir the pot and post worthless garbage...and an unwillingness to just get rid of the chronic problem children that took the fun out of it. I have watched a good number of great and knowledgeable members quit the site or totally change the way they interact because they're stuck dealing with j@ackasses whenever they're online. I'd include Bone in that group, it doesn't seem as fun for him or many of the mods anymore.

As such, this is my first post since April and probably my last for a while. I come on here once in a while to check classifieds now but that's about it.

This one pretty much says it for me ... That and being asked where I'd like to meet to settle things got old. It seemed it should be a violation of forum rules but nothing ever happened so not being on here was an easy way to deal with that. I'm not saying I was " An esteemed" member by any means but I think I shared some good pics and stories of hunts and brought some positive things to the table. I have helped members with info that I have never even met and answered many questions on PM's. I learned a ton about wildlife photography and long range shooting and made a few friendships I wouldn't have otherwise and for that I am grateful. I haven't posted too much of success pics the last couple years cause when you are away it just seems that the pics and field photos kinda go away with you. So there I think this is about my 5th or 6th post this year  :chuckle: I'll still check in to read but I've stayed away from posting much.
DISCLAIMER: The opinions expressed here are not those of HW Management, Admins, Mods or Myself... But they are the opinions of Elvis who has revealed them to me through the medium of my pet hamster, Lee Harvey Oswald...

MB

Growing old is mandatory ... Growing up is optional!

* Recent Topics

Spring Bear 2018 by snake
[Today at 07:52:25 PM]

Misc. Hunting gear for sale by elkslayer99
[Today at 07:52:15 PM]

Major wdfw overhaul by KFhunter
[Today at 07:49:37 PM]

Burris Eliminator III by Wanderer
[Today at 07:49:21 PM]

300 or 340 by Come Get Some
[Today at 07:48:39 PM]

WTB pump gun 3 billion$ by bowhunter851
[Today at 07:44:02 PM]

Last day buck by Watimberghost
[Today at 07:43:38 PM]

A Proposal for Washington's Mule Deer by GoldenRing270
[Today at 07:43:34 PM]

Trump Administration Lifts Ban on Imports of Elephant Hunting Trophies by KFhunter
[Today at 07:43:03 PM]

Blacktail Rut? by PolarBear
[Today at 07:42:56 PM]

Rutted blacktail meat texture?? by redi
[Today at 07:39:35 PM]

How is everyone's preparations going? by jennabug
[Today at 07:32:18 PM]

Pocket knifes by JDHasty
[Today at 07:23:00 PM]

Sell: super xmas deals Smith and wesson MP 15 rifles NIB by Pinetar
[Today at 07:21:21 PM]

No antlerless for Colockum Archers next year? by Rainier10