collapse

Advertisement

Author Topic: H-W POLICY: Tribal Hunting & Fishing Topics  (Read 19998 times)

Offline jackelope

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+27)
  • Legend
  • Groups: jackelope
Re: H-W POLICY: Tribal Hunting & Fishing Topics
« Reply #15 on: August 16, 2017, 12:44:44 PM »
Tribal hunting and fishing accounts for a substantial percentage of the hunting and fishing that occurs in Washington and many other states. There is a great deal of controversy and hard feelings regarding what percentage of the resources each side thinks they should receive. The fact is that the agencies and courts decide these percentages. Hunters and fishers on either side of the issue understandably hunt and fish as much as they are allowed by the agencies and courts which are in control. The individual hunters and fishers don't determine who gets what percentage so it makes little sense to blame each other for the decisions made by the courts and agencies.

Because these are hunting and fishing issues discussion should be allowed on a hunting and outdoors forum, but any trash talk or instigating from either side of the conversation will no longer be allowed. If you comment in a tribal topic you must follow the same rules as all other topics or face the consequences. Members on both side of the issue deserve equal respect!

Too late. 

I spent the last week w/Colville Tribal members who are avid sportsmen and some of whom have been instrumental in what really and truly amounts to a paradigm shift in the way a LOT of Tribal members a) see these issues and b) interact with non_Tribal members and c) develop and pursue what is commonly referred to as a "Sporting ethic." 

They want nothing more to do with this site, and given how they have been personally attacked, slandered and otherwise abused here who in their right mind could blame them? 

And if you want to see for yourself what I am talking about just go here and take a look at just one example:
http://hunting-washington.com/smf/index.php/topic,200874.0.html

FYI: I have friends who live on the Colville and Spokane Reservations and other enrolled tribal friends who live off the reservation. I know other members of this forum have tribal friends too, please don't try to paint every H-W member as hating the tribes! If I misunderstood your innuendo I apologize, but I thought it sounded that way.

For everyone, we have tightened the rules and expect all members to comply starting yesterday and moving forward. We want to avoid bringing up old heated topics and forum or member bashing, but we want to allow civil discussion, so please stop and think. We can't change or take back what some members on either side may have said in the past, it was said, I'm sorry it happened, but to have positive change we must acknowledge mistakes were made, bad things were said, and and move forward in the most positive and civil way possible.

Everyone is never going to agree, I get that, but PLEASE, let's all concentrate on making positive changes and encouraging respectful comments and discussion moving forward. Anyone who wishes to participate in a respectful manner is welcome.

THANKS,

Dale Denney
Forum Owner

It is a LONG way from being "every H-W member," it is a small minority.

The issue I have and the issue that Tribal members have is that the behavior has been tolerated by certain mods and allowed to go on when those engaging in it were allowed to continue IMHO should have been told to either clean up their act or vamoose just as soon as it got started. 

We're moving forward to make changes. We suggest you do as well. Trust me when I say let it rest as this is not the thread for it. We're telling you this is how it's going to be.

:fire.:

" In today's instant gratification society, more and more pressure revolves around success and the measurement of one's prowess as a hunter by inches on a score chart or field photos produced on social media. Don't fall into the trap. Hunting is-and always will be- about the hunt, the adventure, the views, and time spent with close friends and family. " Ryan Hatfield

My posts, opinions and statements do not represent those of this forum

Offline Woodchuck

• GO TEAM!!!
  • Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (+12)
  • Explorer
  • HuntWA Woodblock
« Reply #16 on: August 16, 2017, 12:44:56 PM »
Tribal hunting and fishing accounts for a substantial percentage of the hunting and fishing that occurs in Washington and many other states. There is a great deal of controversy and hard feelings regarding what percentage of the resources each side thinks they should receive. The fact is that the agencies and courts decide these percentages. Hunters and fishers on either side of the issue understandably hunt and fish as much as they are allowed by the agencies and courts which are in control. The individual hunters and fishers don't determine who gets what percentage so it makes little sense to blame each other for the decisions made by the courts and agencies.

Because these are hunting and fishing issues discussion should be allowed on a hunting and outdoors forum, but any trash talk or instigating from either side of the conversation will no longer be allowed. If you comment in a tribal topic you must follow the same rules as all other topics or face the consequences. Members on both side of the issue deserve equal respect!

Too late. 

I spent the last week w/Colville Tribal members who are avid sportsmen and some of whom have been instrumental in what really and truly amounts to a paradigm shift in the way a LOT of Tribal members a) see these issues and b) interact with non_Tribal members and c) develop and pursue what is commonly referred to as a "Sporting ethic." 

They want nothing more to do with this site, and given how they have been personally attacked, slandered and otherwise abused here who in their right mind could blame them? 

And if you want to see for yourself what I am talking about just go here and take a look at just one example:

FYI: I have friends who live on the Colville and Spokane Reservations and other enrolled tribal friends who live off the reservation. I know other members of this forum have tribal friends too, please don't try to paint every H-W member as hating the tribes! If I misunderstood your innuendo I apologize, but I thought it sounded that way.

For everyone, we have tightened the rules and expect all members to comply starting yesterday and moving forward. We want to avoid bringing up old heated topics and forum or member bashing, but we want to allow civil discussion, so please stop and think. We can't change or take back what some members on either side may have said in the past, it was said, I'm sorry it happened, but to have positive change we must acknowledge mistakes were made, bad things were said, and and move forward in the most positive and civil way possible.

Everyone is never going to agree, I get that, but PLEASE, let's all concentrate on making positive changes and encouraging respectful comments and discussion moving forward. Anyone who wishes to participate in a respectful manner is welcome.

THANKS,

Dale Denney
Forum Owner

It is a LONG way from being "every H-W member," it is a small minority.

The issue I have and the issue that Tribal members have is that the behavior has been tolerated by certain mods and allowed to go on when those engaging in it were allowed to continue IMHO should have been told to either clean up their act or vamoose just as soon as it got started.
They were and now we are having a refresher on "clean it up or get out". Now if we could get beyond the stuff we can't change and move on in a positive manner. Thanks.
Antlered rabbit tastes like chicken

Inuendo, wasn't he an Italian proctoligist?

Offline JDHasty

• Past Sponsor
  • Trade Count: (+2)
  • Old Salt
  • Groups: NRA Benefactor Member, GOA Life Member, Father of 3 NRA Life Members
« Reply #17 on: August 16, 2017, 12:52:35 PM »

Too late. 

They want nothing more to do with this site, and given how they have been personally attacked, slandered and otherwise abused here... who in their right mind could blame them? 

If ya' want to know what the mods objected to and demanded that I cease, it was recognizing out and out bigotry and labeling those responsible for spreading it "bigots."  Calling someone a "poopy head" is name calling, labeling someone who engages in personal attacks on another based on that person's race or ethnicity with the apropriate term is not name calling. 

Moving forward, the post from Dale is the way it is here on Hunt Wa. It may be too late for some...but moving forward here on our forum, it is what it is. It's not up for discussion. He's telling you how it's going to go.

What I mean by that is that it is too late to get almost all of those who have been abused to come back and try again to participate.

In the link I put up someone posted that a couple of the guys in the photo used to post here, but left.  Here's news for ya' all, all four of them have left this site never to participate again, and that is our loss.   There is one heck of a lot of valuable knowledge that will not be shared here and we have a few individuals who thought it was smart or funny or whatever to either join in or decided to sit back and allow it to go on to thank for that loss. 

Offline jackelope

• Administrator
  • Legend
« Reply #18 on: August 16, 2017, 12:54:50 PM »

Too late. 

They want nothing more to do with this site, and given how they have been personally attacked, slandered and otherwise abused here... who in their right mind could blame them? 

If ya' want to know what the mods objected to and demanded that I cease, it was recognizing out and out bigotry and labeling those responsible for spreading it "bigots."  Calling someone a "poopy head" is name calling, labeling someone who engages in personal attacks on another based on that person's race or ethnicity with the apropriate term is not name calling. 

Moving forward, the post from Dale is the way it is here on Hunt Wa. It may be too late for some...but moving forward here on our forum, it is what it is. It's not up for discussion. He's telling you how it's going to go.

What I mean by that is that it is too late to get almost all of those who have been abused to come back and try again to participate.

In the link I put up someone posted that a couple of the guys in the photo used to post here, but left.  Here's news for ya' all, all four of them have left this site never to participate again, and that is our loss.   There is one heck of a lot of valuable knowledge that will not be shared here and we have a few individuals who thought it was smart or funny or whatever to either join in or decided to sit back and allow it to go on to thank for that loss. 

:ban:

I tried.

" In today's instant gratification society, more and more pressure revolves around success and the measurement of one's prowess as a hunter by inches on a score chart or field photos produced on social media. Don't fall into the trap. Hunting is-and always will be- about the hunt, the adventure, the views, and time spent with close friends and family. " Ryan Hatfield

Offline jackelope

• Administrator
  • Legend
« Reply #19 on: August 16, 2017, 12:56:44 PM »
The process set forth by Dale, the owner of this forum, is not up for debate at this point in time.  This is the way it will be moving forward. If any of you guys want to squabble over this, feel free to send either myself, bearpaw or Boneaddict a pm and we'll discuss all you want. Leave it off the open forum.

Offline boneaddict

• Site Sponsor
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Legend
« Reply #20 on: August 16, 2017, 12:57:34 PM »
 :yeah:  A-men

Offline Skyvalhunter

• Washington For Wildlife
  • Explorer
« Reply #21 on: August 16, 2017, 12:59:24 PM »
 Dale opened this thread thus it will be discussed
The only man who never makes a mistake, is the man who never does anything!!
The further one goes into the wilderness, the greater the attraction of its lonely freedom.

Offline Rainier10

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • Explorer
« Reply #22 on: August 16, 2017, 01:00:12 PM »
The windshield is big to see all that lies ahead of you.  The rear view mirror is small because it is good to know what is behind you but not nearly as important as what is ahead.

The past is the past, lessons have been learned, hopefully moving forward things will be better.
Pain is temporary, achieving the goal is worth it.

I didn't say it would be easy, I said it would be worth it.

Every father should remember that one day his children will follow his example instead of his advice.

The views and opinions expressed in this post are those of the author and do not necessarily reflect the official policy or position of HuntWa or the site owner.

Offline jackelope

• Administrator
  • Legend
« Reply #23 on: August 16, 2017, 01:02:22 PM »
Dale opened this thread to explain how it was going to go moving forward.

Offline Karl Blanchard

• Trade Count: (+22)
  • Explorer
  • Jonathan_S hunting apparel prostaff
  • Groups: Sitka Gear Fan Boy for LIFE
« Reply #24 on: August 16, 2017, 01:03:31 PM »
Keep the the good work guys!  The chatter of change is echoing among some of the old guard and you may see some old faces popping back up :tup:
It is foolish and wrong to mourn these men.  Rather, we should thank god that such men lived.  -General George S. Patton

Aaron's Profile:  http://hunting-washington.com/smf/index.php?action=profile;u=2875
Aaron's Posts:  http://hunting-washington.com/smf/index.php?action=profile;area=showposts;u=2875
Aaron's Facebook:  https://www.facebook.com/aaron.blanchard.94

Offline bearpaw

• Family, Friends, Outdoors
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+10)
  • Legend
  • "Rather Be Cougar Huntin"
    • http://www.facebook.com/DaleDenney
    • Bearpaw Outfitters
  • Groups: NRA, SCI, F4WM, NWTF, IOGA, MOGA, CCOC, BBB, RMEF, WSTA, WSB
« Reply #25 on: August 16, 2017, 01:05:11 PM »

Too late. 

Jd, at the time that topic was posted we were operating with less stringent guidelines. Due to member request we have changed that and have posted our new policy and the desire to move forward with more civil discussion. We understand there will be some people who will not want to participate, but this will hopefully be a friendlier place for those who do participate, so please let it go.
THANK YOU
Americans are systematically advocating, legislating, and voting away each others rights. Support all user groups & quit losing opportunity!

http://bearpawoutfitters.com Guided Hunts, Unguided, & Drop Camps in Idaho, Montana, Utah, and Wash. Hunts with tags available (no draw needed) for spring bear, fall bear, bison, cougar, elk, mule deer, turkey, whitetail, & wolf! http://trophymaps.com DIY Hunting Maps are also offered

Offline Jonathan_S

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • Old Salt
  • Volleyfire Brigade, Cryder apologist
« Reply #26 on: August 16, 2017, 01:06:24 PM »
 :hello: great changes being made right before the best time of the year.

Christmas in August  :tup:
Kindly do not attempt to cloud the issue with too many facts.

Offline bearpaw

• Administrator
  • Legend
    • Bearpaw Outfitters
« Reply #27 on: August 16, 2017, 01:11:47 PM »
JDHasty, in the interest of moving the forum in a positive direction it's the mod team decision...  :ban:
Americans are systematically advocating, legislating, and voting away each others rights. Support all user groups & quit losing opportunity!

http://bearpawoutfitters.com Guided Hunts, Unguided, & Drop Camps in Idaho, Montana, Utah, and Wash. Hunts with tags available (no draw needed) for spring bear, fall bear, bison, cougar, elk, mule deer, turkey, whitetail, & wolf! http://trophymaps.com DIY Hunting Maps are also offered

Offline Skyvalhunter

• Washington For Wildlife
  • Explorer
« Reply #28 on: August 16, 2017, 01:30:46 PM »
Well then it should be locked to comment
The only man who never makes a mistake, is the man who never does anything!!
The further one goes into the wilderness, the greater the attraction of its lonely freedom.

Offline bearpaw

• Administrator
  • Legend
    • Bearpaw Outfitters
« Reply #29 on: August 16, 2017, 01:35:59 PM »
Well then it should be locked to comment

It's open to comment, but if anyone wants to dwell on past problems we are not going to allow that to bring down the new direction of the forum. He was warned enough times before we took action.

* Advertisement

* Recent Topics

Let’s see your best Washington buck by high_hunter
[Yesterday at 10:31:08 PM]

Bearpaw Season - Spring 2024 by actionshooter
[Yesterday at 09:43:51 PM]

Walked a cougar down by MADMAX
[Yesterday at 08:31:53 PM]

Which 12” boat trailer tires? by timberhunter
[Yesterday at 08:22:18 PM]

Lowest power 22 round? by JakeLand
[Yesterday at 08:06:13 PM]