collapse

Advertisement

Author Topic: Why so many Tikka rifle's for sale  (Read 12854 times)

Offline CAMPMEAT

• CAMPMEAT
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Explorer
  • I love my gun rights in Arizona..
Re: Why so many Tikka rifle's for sale
« Reply #45 on: October 28, 2017, 09:25:12 AM »
I have several brands of rifles and Tikka is one of the nicest finished looking stock rifle I own. Its a 300wssm.

300WSSM? Or 300WSM?

Winchester Short Magnum WSM. Sorry.........
I couldn't care less about what anybody says..............

Offline Biggerhammer

• Political & Covid-19 Topics
  • Old Salt
  • Powder, primer, bullet JUNKIE.
« Reply #46 on: October 28, 2017, 12:26:05 PM »
My take on all the Tikka's for sale.

The Google Foo's , Google Meister's jump on their mobile device and decide they are going to play the "Man" game. This excludes the "Been there, done that" crowd. They get "Tikka" rammed down their throats. So it's off to Mr. slick behind the gun counter. A little paperwork and now they are a proud owner of a Tikka.

Back to Google Foo! Soon they realize they just can't have a Tikka, they have to look the part. So back to the sporting goods store for a complete refit in $1000.00 bucks in Sitka gear, where the store employee's roll their eye's as they watch Mr. Google Foo paw through the Sitka gear because they know the question.

"Does my Azz look big in these attack pants" is coming.

As their packing their junk out to their Honda car. They see another Google Foo expert exiting the store already decked out head to toe in his spiffy Sitka gear and getting into his Toyota TRD. 

He then takes a good look at his Honda Car and thinks there's no reason I can't be like that sexy dude I just saw jump in that TRD. So it's a quick call to mom and dad some quick manipulation into having them co-sign and it's off to the Toyota dealer ship to pick up their new ride.

Now they have a total of 49.73 to budget for a scope so they frost their rifle with crap optics. Hang out on the shooting forums in anticipation of the manliest open morning in the history of Washington State because? Yes, you called it. They will be there "Johny woods" in person.

The season comes and they stubble around the mountain a few times checking their selves out in the side mirror of their tuck before each trek, spending the majority of the time taking selfies and posting them to Facebook and checking responses.(This I have witnessed from afar).

The season comes and goes and the reality is, this hunting/ manly stuff takes some effort. They are much happier being told what to do, controlled, manipulated and brow beat by their girlfriends or wives at home.

So they hang up the man hat for the year. The Tikka goes up for sale, the Sitka gear goes on the forum classifieds for half price, because that TRD needs fuel and whoever is driving their bus needs a manicure.

It's back to the mundane but not to worry. Being manly again is only a season away !!!!

« Last Edit: October 28, 2017, 12:35:58 PM by Biggerhammer »

Offline ctwiggs1

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (+10)
  • Frontiersman
« Reply #47 on: October 28, 2017, 03:19:13 PM »
So biggerhammer how much you want for your Tikka?

In all seriousness what do you recommend for a sub $1000, MOA, lighter weight back country rifle if not Tikka? 

Offline Biggerhammer

• Old Salt
« Reply #48 on: October 28, 2017, 03:27:02 PM »
So biggerhammer how much you want for your Tikka?

In all seriousness what do you recommend for a sub $1000, MOA, lighter weight back country rifle if not Tikka?

Howa Alpine Mountain rifle (5.7 lbs) in 6.5 Creedmoor. It was close between the Kimber and the Alpine. The Kimbers are a crap shoot when it comes to true accuracy. I went with the Alpine, it's light and it shoots.

5 shot group @ 100 .467.

« Last Edit: October 28, 2017, 03:43:28 PM by Biggerhammer »

Offline Russ McDonald

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Old Salt
  • USN ET3 SW 87-92, USS Excel MSO 439
  • Groups: NWTF, NRA
« Reply #49 on: October 29, 2017, 05:40:29 PM »
Civil comments please. 

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Russell McDonald
President South Sound NWTF Chapter and WA state board NWTF
The opinions expressed in my posts do not represent those of the forum.

Offline Boss .300 winmag

• FLY NAVAL AVIATION
  • Washington For Wildlife
  • Trade Count: (+22)
  • Explorer
  • How do you measure trying, you do, or you don’t.
« Reply #50 on: October 29, 2017, 05:41:22 PM »
All I can say is my sons Tika shoots lights out.  :tup:
"Just because I like granola, and I have stretched my arms around a few trees, doesn't mean I'm a tree hugger!
Hi I'm 8156, our leader is Bearpaw.
YOU CANNOT REASON WITH A TIGER WHEN YOUR HEAD IS IN ITS MOUTH! Winston Churchill

Keep Calm And Duc/Ski Doo On!

Offline thinkingman

• Trade Count: (+10)
  • Sourdough
« Reply #51 on: October 29, 2017, 09:28:58 PM »
My take on all the Tikka's for sale.

The Google Foo's , Google Meister's jump on their mobile device and decide they are going to play the "Man" game. This excludes the "Been there, done that" crowd. They get "Tikka" rammed down their throats. So it's off to Mr. slick behind the gun counter. A little paperwork and now they are a proud owner of a Tikka.

Back to Google Foo! Soon they realize they just can't have a Tikka, they have to look the part. So back to the sporting goods store for a complete refit in $1000.00 bucks in Sitka gear, where the store employee's roll their eye's as they watch Mr. Google Foo paw through the Sitka gear because they know the question.

"Does my Azz look big in these attack pants" is coming.

As their packing their junk out to their Honda car. They see another Google Foo expert exiting the store already decked out head to toe in his spiffy Sitka gear and getting into his Toyota TRD. 

He then takes a good look at his Honda Car and thinks there's no reason I can't be like that sexy dude I just saw jump in that TRD. So it's a quick call to mom and dad some quick manipulation into having them co-sign and it's off to the Toyota dealer ship to pick up their new ride.

Now they have a total of 49.73 to budget for a scope so they frost their rifle with crap optics. Hang out on the shooting forums in anticipation of the manliest open morning in the history of Washington State because? Yes, you called it. They will be there "Johny woods" in person.

The season comes and they stubble around the mountain a few times checking their selves out in the side mirror of their tuck before each trek, spending the majority of the time taking selfies and posting them to Facebook and checking responses.(This I have witnessed from afar).

The season comes and goes and the reality is, this hunting/ manly stuff takes some effort. They are much happier being told what to do, controlled, manipulated and brow beat by their girlfriends or wives at home.

So they hang up the man hat for the year. The Tikka goes up for sale, the Sitka gear goes on the forum classifieds for half price, because that TRD needs fuel and whoever is driving their bus needs a manicure.

It's back to the mundane but not to worry. Being manly again is only a season away !!!!
This is remarkably similar to why there are so many Glocks for sale...just substitute first handgun for a 21 year old who played Call of Duty for 10 years and thinks a $95 dollars worth of plastic and steel is the apex of hand gunning. Don't forget the black 5.11 Tactical clothing and duty boots investment that is worn to the range with the drop thigh holster. They have to have a Glock Perfection decal boldly displayed on the back window of the lifted GM pickup that cost more than their house. Then there's the 30 percent depreciation because the market is glutted with used Glocks because the 21 year old former owner got to shoot a 1911(not a Sig-a REAL one!) and discovered a proper grip angle and trigger.
“The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, but wiser men so full of doubts.”
― Bertrand Russell

Offline mtn muley madness

• Tracker
  • there's just something about them mtn muley's..
  • Groups: MDF, NRA, RMEF, DU
« Reply #52 on: October 29, 2017, 10:37:08 PM »
Bench tested half a dozen rifles at 600 yds. Mostly all custom built (except the Tikka) to be deadly at long distances...rifles that were worth 4-6 new Tikka's. Needless to say, there were some pissed off people with expensive rifles that day. It was a T3 300WSM, which I am a proud owner of...shoots so good I bought another (like most Tikka owners). I bought mine for bear mostly because I loved my .270 for everything else but haven't used the .270 for hunting purposes since. And over the last 10 years, have watched just about everyone in deer camp turn in their rifles for Tikka's as well and everyone else loves them too. I beat the living crap out of mine because of the style and /terrain where I hunt and she's always shooting true. Love it. Know a ton of people with them...have never heard anyone who actually owned one ever say anything bad about the accuracy of the Tikka's, they can shoot with the best of them.
Kill to hunt, hunt to kill!

Offline JakeLand

• WA State Trappers Association
  • Trade Count: (+27)
  • Frontiersman
« Reply #53 on: October 30, 2017, 08:13:39 AM »
Bench tested half a dozen rifles at 600 yds. Mostly all custom built (except the Tikka) to be deadly at long distances...rifles that were worth 4-6 new Tikka's. Needless to say, there were some pissed off people with expensive rifles that day. It was a T3 300WSM, which I am a proud owner of...shoots so good I bought another (like most Tikka owners). I bought mine for bear mostly because I loved my .270 for everything else but haven't used the .270 for hunting purposes since. And over the last 10 years, have watched just about everyone in deer camp turn in their rifles for Tikka's as well and everyone else loves them too. I beat the living crap out of mine because of the style and /terrain where I hunt and she's always shooting true. Love it. Know a ton of people with them...have never heard anyone who actually owned one ever say anything bad about the accuracy of the Tikka's, they can shoot with the best of them.
  :tup:

Offline Biggerhammer

• Old Salt
« Reply #54 on: October 30, 2017, 09:21:03 AM »
I can't stand Tikka's and I can't stand the fact they shoot even more!

TIKKA :pee:

Offline JakeLand

• WA State Trappers Association
  • Trade Count: (+27)
  • Frontiersman
« Reply #55 on: October 30, 2017, 06:37:18 PM »
Jealousy sucks huh

Offline Biggerhammer

• Old Salt
« Reply #56 on: October 30, 2017, 09:07:33 PM »
Jealousy sucks huh

Ha! My collection says different. For the masses Glocks are a work horse, you can beat the crap out of them and they go bang every time.

Online bobcat

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (+14)
  • Legend
    • robert68
« Reply #57 on: October 30, 2017, 09:49:15 PM »
Jealousy sucks huh

Ha! My collection says different. For the masses Glocks are a work horse, you can beat the crap out of them and they go bang every time.

Same could be said of Tikkas, from what I've heard.

Offline mountainman

• Frontiersman
« Reply #58 on: October 30, 2017, 10:49:45 PM »

Same could be said of Tikkas, from what I've heard.
[/quote]

Every Tikka a I have owned always go "bang", and several, one in .338 win, have been uncanny accurate!
That Sword is more important than the Shield!

Offline Mariachi

• Pilgrim
    • bazy firm kontakt
« Reply #59 on: October 31, 2017, 03:31:36 AM »
Is this gun good for beginners? Or should looking for something else?

* Advertisement

* Recent Topics

Springer 2024 Columbia River by dilleytech
[Today at 04:04:01 PM]

Springer Fishing Opportunity 3/29 & 3/30 by Blacklab
[Today at 12:48:56 PM]

Long Beach Clamming Tides by dilleytech
[Today at 12:39:19 PM]

Let’s see your best Washington buck by abhold87
[Today at 12:03:27 PM]

Bearpaw Season - Spring 2024 by bearpaw
[Today at 11:45:41 AM]