collapse

Advertisement

Author Topic: Need a new scope for my 6.5 creedmoore asap, help with options!  (Read 5102 times)

Offline Buckhunter28

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Hunter
  • Groups: Buckhunter28
Re: Need a new scope for my 6.5 creedmoore asap, help with options!
« Reply #15 on: November 08, 2017, 05:37:03 PM »
I'd recommend the Viper HS-T, class is super clear and it comes with elevated, uncapped turrets, and you can buy custom turrets for around $75. Also features the parallax adjustment, and again the glass quality is amazing. Comes in a 4-16x44, great scope for a great price!

Offline GurrCentral

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Scout
  • Groups: GurrCentral
« Reply #16 on: November 08, 2017, 05:39:54 PM »
I'd recommend the Viper HS-T, class is super clear and it comes with elevated, uncapped turrets, and you can buy custom turrets for around $75. Also features the parallax adjustment, and again the glass quality is amazing. Comes in a 4-16x44, great scope for a great price!

:yeah:

Offline Biggerhammer

• Political & Covid-19 Topics
  • Old Salt
  • Powder, primer, bullet JUNKIE.
« Reply #17 on: December 22, 2017, 03:47:25 PM »

For the money as much as I hate to say it. The HST 4-16 is a great scopes with great options for the price. The turrets are positive and extremely repeatable. I've been a die hard Leupold guy forever. I tried Vortex when they first came out and they sucked and their customer service sucked also in my experience. I swore them off for life or longer.

My friend showed up with a Vortex HS-T 4-16x44 with the MOA reticle. I was giving him hell for frosting his rifle with crap. Which he picked up locally for $449.00.

He simply said Vortex has come a long way in the 8 or so years since you had yours. He said give it a try, so I did. He had a 100 yard zero and a dope card out to 600 yards. I fired 9 rounds dialing the dope for elevation between each shot starting at 200, then 300, 500 yards. I then dialed back to 200 and repeated the sequence two more times.

Which worked out to a 3 shot group at all three distances and having to dial for every shot.

Like I said before. I hate to say it but they were all on the money.

I've purchase 3 since. Great scope for the price and options.

Offline CAMPMEAT

• CAMPMEAT
  • Explorer
  • I love my gun rights in Arizona..
« Reply #18 on: December 22, 2017, 07:32:54 PM »
I've heard nothing but very good things about Athlon from other forums I frequent.Some say they are alot better than Vortex.
I couldn't care less about what anybody says..............

Offline Alchase

• Explorer
« Reply #19 on: December 22, 2017, 07:44:19 PM »

For the money as much as I hate to say it. The HST 4-16 is a great scopes with great options for the price. The turrets are positive and extremely repeatable. I've been a die hard Leupold guy forever. I tried Vortex when they first came out and they sucked and their customer service sucked also in my experience. I swore them off for life or longer.

My friend showed up with a Vortex HS-T 4-16x44 with the MOA reticle. I was giving him hell for frosting his rifle with crap. Which he picked up locally for $449.00.

He simply said Vortex has come a long way in the 8 or so years since you had yours. He said give it a try, so I did. He had a 100 yard zero and a dope card out to 600 yards. I fired 9 rounds dialing the dope for elevation between each shot starting at 200, then 300, 500 yards. I then dialed back to 200 and repeated the sequence two more times.

Which worked out to a 3 shot group at all three distances and having to dial for every shot.

Like I said before. I hate to say it but they were all on the money.

I've purchase 3 since. Great scope for the price and options.

I think the world just stopped spinning, next you will be buying Tikkas

:yike:

Just kidding, good review!
Only 2 defining forces sacrificed themselves for you:
The American Soldier and Jesus Christ. One died for your freedom, the other for your soul.

My rock,
He trains my hands for war and my fingers for battle.
Psalm 144.1

* Advertisement

* Recent Topics

Let’s see your best Washington buck by high_hunter
[Yesterday at 10:31:08 PM]

Bearpaw Season - Spring 2024 by actionshooter
[Yesterday at 09:43:51 PM]

Walked a cougar down by MADMAX
[Yesterday at 08:31:53 PM]

Which 12” boat trailer tires? by timberhunter
[Yesterday at 08:22:18 PM]

Lowest power 22 round? by JakeLand