collapse

Advertisement

Author Topic: Best auto dealer  (Read 2327 times)

Offline jstone

• Political & Covid-19 Topics
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Old Salt
Best auto dealer
« on: August 30, 2017, 12:57:53 PM »
The daughter is in the hunt for a newer SUV. What dealer have you had good dealings with? Doesn't matter the brand of vehicle. Just looking to find a good dealership

Thanks jstone

Offline Boss .300 winmag

• FLY NAVAL AVIATION
  • Washington For Wildlife
  • Trade Count: (+22)
  • Explorer
  • How do you measure trying, you do, or you don’t.
Re: Best auto dealer
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2017, 12:59:48 PM »
Your location may help. :dunno:
"Just because I like granola, and I have stretched my arms around a few trees, doesn't mean I'm a tree hugger!
Hi I'm 8156, our leader is Bearpaw.
YOU CANNOT REASON WITH A TIGER WHEN YOUR HEAD IS IN ITS MOUTH! Winston Churchill

Keep Calm And Duc/Ski Doo On!

Offline eastsidemallard74

• Longhunter
  • EVEN THE PRESIDENT OF PETA EVOLVED FROM A HUNTER .
« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2017, 01:02:28 PM »
Former sales guy advice, do your homework,and if it's used, look on cars.com, if it's new any dealership will have pretty much the same incentives,still do your homework. And not being to salesy( I know it's not a word), but your dollar will go further in Eastern Wa. because our tax rates are lower. Just make sure your comparing apple to apple....
Is it waterfowl season yet..............

Offline solomtnhunter

• Trade Count: (+22)
  • Hunter
« Reply #3 on: August 30, 2017, 01:34:26 PM »
From personal experience i recommend saving your money and avoiding so called Extended Warranties.  You pay thousands extra for it but when something breaks down it is either... Not covered under the warranty "fine print" or you still have to pay a huge deductible of like 20-30%. 
Traditional Bow Hunter/Target & 3D/NRA Life Member/WAC Member

Offline baker5150

• Past Sponsor
  • Trade Count: (+3)
  • Frontiersman
  • Groups: Loser's Lounge - Lifetime Member
« Reply #4 on: August 30, 2017, 01:54:34 PM »
carguru.com is really cool site for searching for cars, they have dealer feedback ratings as well.

Offline jackelope

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+27)
  • Legend
  • Groups: jackelope
« Reply #5 on: August 30, 2017, 02:04:26 PM »
From personal experience i recommend saving your money and avoiding so called Extended Warranties.  You pay thousands extra for it but when something breaks down it is either... Not covered under the warranty "fine print" or you still have to pay a huge deductible of like 20-30%. 

From my personal experience, I fully disgaree. I deal with them every day and get stuff covered all the time.
Deductibles are pre-set and agreed upon when you sign the contract at the time of purchase. 98% of the time, there's an issue, it's because the consumer didn't pay attention to what they were signing when they purchased the contract.
:twocents:

They are a lot like insurance. You're going to spend a lot of money on them and potentially not use it...but if you do need it, it's a great thing to have.

jstone-I sent you a pm.

« Last Edit: August 30, 2017, 02:12:52 PM by jackelope »
:fire.:

" In today's instant gratification society, more and more pressure revolves around success and the measurement of one's prowess as a hunter by inches on a score chart or field photos produced on social media. Don't fall into the trap. Hunting is-and always will be- about the hunt, the adventure, the views, and time spent with close friends and family. " Ryan Hatfield

My posts, opinions and statements do not represent those of this forum

Offline eastsidemallard74

• Longhunter
  • EVEN THE PRESIDENT OF PETA EVOLVED FROM A HUNTER .
« Reply #6 on: August 30, 2017, 04:17:18 PM »

From my personal experience, I fully disgaree. I deal with them every day and get stuff covered all the time.
Deductibles are pre-set and agreed upon when you sign the contract at the time of purchase. 98% of the time, there's an issue, it's because the consumer didn't pay attention to what they were signing when they purchased the contract.
:twocents:

I agree^^^^^^^^
And just like most stuff the higher program you purchase, the better/more stuff is covered. We dealt with them all the time in the service dept. I worked at also. Piece of mind, just remember it's "ALL" negotiable.....

They are a lot like insurance. You're going to spend a lot of money on them and potentially not use it...but if you do need it, it's a great thing to have.

jstone-I sent you a pm.
Is it waterfowl season yet..............

Offline lamrith

• Business Sponsor
  • Trade Count: (+11)
  • Sourdough
    • https://www.facebook.com/pelletpeddler/
    • Pellet Peddler LLC
« Reply #7 on: August 31, 2017, 09:50:52 AM »
Knowing your location would be great.  I have a dealership I like in Olympia, but if you are in Spokane if would not make sense.

That said as mentioned Cargurus.com is very handy.  It even tracks cars by VIN, so if the car changed dealerships you can see how long it has been on the market...  I recommend you setup searches and email lists to if you have a specific car in mind.  Many of the dealers have automatic nightly uploads to autotrader, cargurus, etc.  Soon as the car hits inventory it is uploaded. 

That is how I got my last car, it popped on guru and I got an email 1st thing in morning.  I called the dealer when they opened and the car had come in on trade the night before.  They had not even had the car into the shop for normal inbound checks, fluids,cleaning etc.  I bought the car that same night and had to come back a few days later after they had done their normal routine to prep the car for sale.

Online netcoyote

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Sourdough
« Reply #8 on: August 31, 2017, 11:37:01 AM »
Decades of experience here...there are no "best" auto dealers. Some are some are slightly more competent and less underhanded than others. And even that can vary from day to day and it always depends on who you talk to. Your best defense is to do your homework BEFORE you walk on a dealer lot. Do NOT sign anything until you have read it and understand it. It doesn't matter a bit what some salesperson said or promised. The only thing that counts is what's on paper.
Good luck.
"...t'aint never a thing wrong with a man such that the mountains can't cure."

Offline Lincoln4

• Born again Idahoan
  • Sourdough
« Reply #9 on: August 31, 2017, 01:00:16 PM »
I checked Cargurus.com a bit ago.  That is a pretty cool site.
USN 82-88
Second Amendment Foundation
Gun Owners of America
Cancer Survivor
Husband & Dad
Retired LEO
Political Refugee

Offline CAMPMEAT

• CAMPMEAT
  • Explorer
  • I love my gun rights in Arizona..
« Reply #10 on: August 31, 2017, 01:27:47 PM »
Country Chevrolet in Colville Washington. Talk to CORY ONLY. He's part owner. Call him if you don't live close by. Tell him I told you too see him.

Also, you pay sales tax based on your physical residence location. I always have.
I couldn't care less about what anybody says..............

Offline Stein

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (+11)
  • Explorer
« Reply #11 on: August 31, 2017, 06:17:59 PM »
Craigslist.

* Advertisement

* Recent Topics

Springer 2024 Columbia River by dilleytech
[Today at 08:16:45 AM]

Average by lhrbull