collapse

Advertisement

Author Topic: First M-T Muley Trip  (Read 12120 times)

Offline klikboom

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Scout
  • Die Living ... if you have a choice.
Re: First M-T Muley Trip
« Reply #60 on: November 15, 2017, 04:07:19 AM »
Also wondering, when people say they see some 30+ bucks in a day are you walking one area or are you driving to multiple places and covering ground via truck? And yes we are glassing. Glassing like crazy. Good thing is bucks are definitely chasing does. I haven't seen any sparring but I think that's because I haven't seen multiple bucks together yet.

Offline opdinkslayer

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Frontiersman
« Reply #61 on: November 15, 2017, 06:31:34 AM »
Congrats on taking a buck. Heading over there saturday. We hunt ne of you on the breaks so can't really help on your area. Find doe's and start looking for a buck in the area would be my advice. If a doe is hot there should be a buck around somewhere. Could be that your area is just not a super dense deer populated area. We hunt the most broke up ground we can find because if you've ever walked out in it you will see where the deer live. Keep at it and don't panic, it will all come together for ya. :tup:

Offline C-Money

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Explorer
  • Self proclaimed 3pt master
« Reply #62 on: November 15, 2017, 06:59:12 AM »
Congrats on your buck!!
I felt like a one legged cat trying to bury a terd on a frozen pond!

Offline jkthomps

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (+1)
  • Longhunter
« Reply #63 on: November 15, 2017, 09:56:43 AM »
Way to get it done! Nice one!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline dune

• Hunter
« Reply #64 on: November 15, 2017, 01:55:13 PM »
Jump from glassing spot to classing spot. My areas have more deer in them I was born and raised in mt I go back to the same place and see a ton of deer this year was good dad shot a 4x5 Sun night and I shot mine Mon night 4x5 I'm from central MT. Some areas are just hard to turn up deer. The only time I didn't fill my MT tag was hunting in the rocky mountain. Seen deer but no shooters. Best advice find a river bottom on state or BLM. And shoot a big white tail

Offline klikboom

• Scout
  • Die Living ... if you have a choice.
« Reply #65 on: November 15, 2017, 05:08:41 PM »
Jump from glassing spot to classing spot. My areas have more deer in them I was born and raised in mt I go back to the same place and see a ton of deer this year was good dad shot a 4x5 Sun night and I shot mine Mon night 4x5 I'm from central MT. Some areas are just hard to turn up deer. The only time I didn't fill my MT tag was hunting in the rocky mountain. Seen deer but no shooters. Best advice find a river bottom on state or BLM. And shoot a big white tail

End of hunting report: well today we saw what people talk about when they say Montana has deer. We saw multiple hundred of deer today. Country down here is really open and you couldn't  glass a piece of range without deer. Unfortunately, we did not see a lot of big bucks. My buddy had a nicer 3pt Muley at 300y then ended up being gifted a forked at 150 after the bigger one bounced. So we checked out other areas here and we did see multiple 4pts but they all knew they were on private land. Suffice it to say we didn't find the honey hole yet but we got a taste of how many deer MT can hold. Don't know where we will go for next year yet. We are thinking farther east maybe farther north than where were at, and definitely will be getting a B tag.

Anyone have suggestions with good OTC b tag and good mule opportunities in same region?

We're in 575 the place is crawling with deer but shockingly the B tag is draw only.

We didn't ever get into whitetail though would like to one of these years.

Offline dune

• Hunter
« Reply #66 on: November 15, 2017, 08:02:46 PM »
The best part of the draw b tag you can buy them before season most don't sell out and buy multiple tags for that area

Offline huntandjeep

• Trade Count: (+13)
  • Frontiersman
« Reply #67 on: November 16, 2017, 07:48:39 PM »
Good advice here , We got here last night. Today was my 1st time hunting Montana ( 2nd time for another and 1st  time for the other  ) Today alone I've seen 50+does , 12 Muley bucks ( 6 4x4's ) and 5 Whitetail bucks . Buddy did get a nice 3x4 this morning .
Anyone that thinks a Glock is better than a 1911 paints his toenails.
Yakima Valley Mountaineers

Offline doubletall

• Past Sponsor
  • Trade Count: (+8)
  • Hunter
  • Groups: RMEF
« Reply #68 on: November 21, 2017, 11:46:32 AM »

* Advertisement

* Recent Topics

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal