collapse

Advertisement

Author Topic: New WA. Record mule deer  (Read 47975 times)

Offline Dan-o

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (+24)
  • Explorer
Re: New WA. Record mule deer
« Reply #90 on: September 17, 2017, 06:36:30 PM »
Awesome.

Thanks for coming on the site and giving a short write-up.

That thing looks like a prehistoric monster deer.

Member:   Yakstrakgutp (or whatever we are)
I love the BFRO!!!
I wonder how many people will touch their nose to their screen trying to read this...

Offline huntnphool

• Chance favors the prepared mind!
  • Political & Covid-19 Topics
  • Trade Count: (+15)
  • Legend
« Reply #91 on: September 17, 2017, 10:09:09 PM »
 Outstanding :tup:
The things that come to those who wait, may be the things left by those who got there first!

Offline boneaddict

• Site Sponsor
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Legend
« Reply #92 on: September 18, 2017, 07:04:39 AM »
Welcome to the site NW Diehard. :hello:   That's about as good as a a first post gets.  Congrats on an incredible buck.

Offline GUscottie

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (+2)
  • Longhunter
« Reply #93 on: September 18, 2017, 07:45:15 AM »
Thank you everyone for the kind words! I am going to work on writing a story here soon but it was a very difficult hunt and was a true testament to not giving up. I scouted this deer for a month and was able to harvest him on the 10th day of the hunt after having some blown stalks and not being able to get close enough multiple times. He was smart and often times I thought man I don't know if I'm ever going to be able to get this buck! But I just stuck with it and feel thankful and honored to even have a chance at harvesting this buck. I was able to slip by two does and get within 41 yards of him in his bed, got drawn back, stepped out from behind the sagebrush and he stood up as I was locked in on my 40 yard pin. I let er fly and my arrow dissapeared in the perfect spot double lung behind the shoulder. I waited almost an hour to be sure and he was piled up about 250 yards from where I shot . My buddy Trevor guided me into the bushes he last saw him in and as I approached I couldn't believe my eyes. We knew he was huge but had no idea he was as giant as he was. Greatest hunt, buck, and hunting moment of my life. Only bad thing is it's all down hill from here! 😅 lol. He was scored by my taxidermist who is an official WA State scorer it green grossed at 234 7/8ths and with only 3 inches of deductions put him at a net of 231 7/8ths. Of course have to wait for the drying period for it have an official score. I couldn't be more thankful!

Congrats again man! I have been nothing but impressed with this buck. You have killed a one of a kind deer!
Wishing I was fishing...or in Wyoming

Offline Curly

• Legend
« Reply #94 on: September 18, 2017, 07:53:36 AM »
A member for 4 years but had to wait for a state record buck for your first post?  :chuckle:  You can post without killing a monster buck, you know. ;)

Congrats again. :tup:  He's a simply amazing buck. :o
May I always be the kind of person my dog thinks I am.

><((((º>` ><((((º>. ><((((º>.¸><((((º>

Offline h2ofowlr

• CHOKED UP TIGHT
  • Political & Covid-19 Topics
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • Old Salt
« Reply #95 on: September 18, 2017, 08:00:48 AM »
Your pictures of this have gone viral.  Should have copywriter the pictures as well.  Definitely a nice buck.
Cut em!
It's not the shells!  It's the shooter!

Offline Pathfinder101

• The Chosen YAR
  • Explorer
  • Semper Primus
« Reply #96 on: September 18, 2017, 08:09:51 AM »
Congrats Diehard.  GREAT Buck.  :tup: Thanks for coming on and telling us about it.
Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes.  That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.

Offline Gringo31

• Washington For Wildlife
  • Old Salt
« Reply #97 on: September 18, 2017, 08:30:57 AM »
Need more pictures!   :tup:

Congrats
We must reject the idea that every time a law's broken, society is guilty rather than the lawbreaker. It is time to restore the American precept that each individual is accountable for his actions.
-Ronald Reagan

Offline bearpaw

• Family, Friends, Outdoors
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+10)
  • Legend
  • "Rather Be Cougar Huntin"
    • http://www.facebook.com/DaleDenney
    • Bearpaw Outfitters
  • Groups: NRA, SCI, F4WM, NWTF, IOGA, MOGA, CCOC, BBB, RMEF, WSTA, WSB
« Reply #98 on: September 18, 2017, 08:53:50 AM »
welcome to the site NW Diehard...  :hello:
Americans are systematically advocating, legislating, and voting away each others rights. Support all user groups & quit losing opportunity!

http://bearpawoutfitters.com Guided Hunts, Unguided, & Drop Camps in Idaho, Montana, Utah, and Wash. Hunts with tags available (no draw needed) for spring bear, fall bear, bison, cougar, elk, mule deer, turkey, whitetail, & wolf! http://trophymaps.com DIY Hunting Maps are also offered

Offline dvolmer

• Sourdough
« Reply #99 on: September 18, 2017, 09:40:49 AM »
This buck is truly a trophy of a life time!!!!  Do you know the age of the deer roughly???  Did you get a look at his teeth?  His coloring on his face makes him look on the young side.  Hard to see if he has a big roman nose with the straight on pictures.  I would love to see a side profile picture of his head.  Cool buck with tons of character and mass!  Every hunters dream!!!  Especially with the difficulty you had getting him with multiple blown stalks and many days time to get him.  At the time it was frustrating for you but the memories will be forever!  If you just got out and shot him on the first easy stalk it wouldn't be as memorable as all the hard work you put in to get him!  Well Done!!!!!
Zonk Volmer

Offline elkinrutdrivemenuts

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Sourdough
« Reply #100 on: September 18, 2017, 10:43:07 AM »
Great buck, I scrolled thru all the comments and naybe I missed it. Why a orange vest ?

Its required for that permit.

Offline NW Diehard

• Tracker
« Reply #101 on: September 18, 2017, 12:24:55 PM »
A member for 4 years but had to wait for a state record buck for your first post?  :chuckle:  You can post without killing a monster buck, you know. ;)

Congrats again. :tup:  He's a simply amazing buck. :o

LOL! I swear I posted a few times a couple years back but yeah, I have had an account but haven't been on this site in forever I kind of forgot about it to be honest, but glad to be back!  :IBCOOL:

Offline Gringo31

• Washington For Wildlife
  • Old Salt
« Reply #102 on: September 18, 2017, 12:28:06 PM »
I'll stop posting for a few years too if that's my reward!
We must reject the idea that every time a law's broken, society is guilty rather than the lawbreaker. It is time to restore the American precept that each individual is accountable for his actions.
-Ronald Reagan

Offline NW Diehard

• Tracker
« Reply #103 on: September 18, 2017, 12:29:10 PM »
This buck is truly a trophy of a life time!!!!  Do you know the age of the deer roughly???  Did you get a look at his teeth?  His coloring on his face makes him look on the young side.  Hard to see if he has a big roman nose with the straight on pictures.  I would love to see a side profile picture of his head.  Cool buck with tons of character and mass!  Every hunters dream!!!  Especially with the difficulty you had getting him with multiple blown stalks and many days time to get him.  At the time it was frustrating for you but the memories will be forever!  If you just got out and shot him on the first easy stalk it wouldn't be as memorable as all the hard work you put in to get him!  Well Done!!!!!

Thank you again, I still haven't heard back from the biologist that has two of his teeth, but the taxidermist guessed he was 8 1/2 to 9 1/2 years old, and yes he has a big Roman nose, horns were so big it kind of made it hard to tell how big his body was. Hanging weight at the butcher with the head, hide, legs, and everything else off was 175lbs....So on the hoof he was maybe pushing that 300lb mark...? IDK but he had a huge body too

Offline kellama2001

• Global Moderator
  • Frontiersman
  • Everyone wants to eat-but few are willing to hunt
  • Groups: F4WM, MDF, NWTF, RMEF
« Reply #104 on: September 19, 2017, 07:04:46 AM »
Absolutely awesome! Thanks so much for sharing. Your hard work definitely paid off BIG time! I love to see any hunters success, but especially when they've put in so much time, effort, sweat, frustration, etc. you earned this one for sure!
It must be a poor life that achieves freedom from fear.
-Aldo Leopold

* Advertisement

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal