collapse

Advertisement

Author Topic: First Lite Warrenty  (Read 3573 times)

Offline TommyGun496

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Hunter
First Lite Warrenty
« on: September 12, 2017, 07:58:59 PM »
I recently purchased a pair of First Lite Kanab pants.  I like them a lot, but after using them lightly on two hikes, I noticed the crotch seam was coming apart.  On Sunday night I sent an email to First Lite, Monday morning at 7:45 I was contacted by someone in there warrenty department asking for pictures.  I sent them pictures Monday when I got home...and guess what?  Tuesday morning at 7:45 I recieved another email with a return number and a shipping address to return my pants to.  Within a short time, I got a new pair.  I want to give props to First Lite for taking care of this hassel free.  You have earned a life long customer due to your customer service (also the comfort of your product)!

Offline scottcrb

• NRA, RMEF, Wa marketing director Montucky Cold Snack, MDF, BHA,
  • Business Sponsor
  • Sourdough
    • Montucky Cold Snacks
  • Groups: nra, RMEF,MDF
Re: First Lite Warrenty
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2017, 08:09:44 PM »
Almost same exact thing happened to my hunting partner yester with a brand new pair of kanab 2.0  one step off trail and crotch exploded. Good to hear they stand behind their products

Offline bearpaw

• Family, Friends, Outdoors
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+10)
  • Legend
  • "Rather Be Cougar Huntin"
    • http://www.facebook.com/DaleDenney
    • Bearpaw Outfitters
  • Groups: NRA, SCI, F4WM, NWTF, IOGA, MOGA, CCOC, BBB, RMEF, WSTA, WSB
« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2017, 09:05:48 PM »
One of my guides wears first lite and loves their clothing, he uses his clothing every day all fall and a couple times issues have came up through the years, every time the company has taken excellent care of him.
Americans are systematically advocating, legislating, and voting away each others rights. Support all user groups & quit losing opportunity!

http://bearpawoutfitters.com Guided Hunts, Unguided, & Drop Camps in Idaho, Montana, Utah, and Wash. Hunts with tags available (no draw needed) for spring bear, fall bear, bison, cougar, elk, mule deer, turkey, whitetail, & wolf! http://trophymaps.com DIY Hunting Maps are also offered

Offline KFhunter

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Legend
« Reply #3 on: September 12, 2017, 09:08:12 PM »
I had the first lite red desert boxer crotch issue, quit buying first lite.  I want to like them, but I don't want to ship stuff back and forth all the time.

Offline cougforester

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Longhunter
  • Groups: DU, RMEF
« Reply #4 on: September 12, 2017, 09:14:25 PM »
This is the exact opposite of my experience.

I wore a brand new pair of Obsidian merino pants on a three day bear hunt. While hiking to a glass losing point in the dark, I felt a tug on my pants leg and when we got to the top, realized a limb off a down tree I stepped over had ripped a small hole along my pants leg. I was extremely disappointed in the durability of the pants. Emailed the company when I got home, asking to return the pants either for a refund or exchange for a tougher pant.  They stated they only cover manufacturing defect, and put blame on me. I was told "after-market stitching should fix these up just fine" and that I ought to be more careful where I walk when hunting.

I would totally get that a year like this after a season or two would fall into normal wear and tear,  and not be covered. My main issues with their response was 1) blaming me for utilizing a product in ways and conditions it was designed for and 2) covering other warranty claims for similar issues.

They offered me 25% off my next order. Neat.

Extremely frustrated. First time venturing into other "high end gear" beyond Sitka and highly disappointed. I will never buy anything from them again and none of my friends will either. Glad you had a better experience than I.

Offline ctwiggs1

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (+10)
  • Frontiersman
« Reply #5 on: September 13, 2017, 07:05:53 AM »
Good to know they stand behind their product - @bearpaw how often does your guide have to replace his clothing?  Is it decent quality clothing that holds up? 

Offline kellama2001

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (+2)
  • Frontiersman
  • Everyone wants to eat-but few are willing to hunt
  • Groups: F4WM, MDF, NWTF, RMEF
« Reply #6 on: September 13, 2017, 07:17:00 AM »
Tagging. I've been considering ordering first lite, since they have a decent women's line. Won't waste the money if they're not durable. I tend to be hard on my hunting clothes.
It must be a poor life that achieves freedom from fear.
-Aldo Leopold

Offline cougforester

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Longhunter
  • Groups: DU, RMEF
« Reply #7 on: September 13, 2017, 07:37:41 AM »
Tagging. I've been considering ordering first lite, since they have a decent women's line. Won't waste the money if they're not durable. I tend to be hard on my hunting clothes.

I'm going purely Sitka from here on out. Strayed out of my comfort zone and got screwed for it.

Offline Stein

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (+11)
  • Explorer
« Reply #8 on: September 17, 2017, 03:31:45 PM »
I had good service with boxer issues, but in all honesty, I don't wear them all that much and the replacement boxers are having similar issues.  In addition, my shirt developed mystery holes.  I only wear it late season under 1-3 more layers, so it isn't like I walked through the blackberry bushes wearing it alone.

Great stuff, but it just hasn't lasted in my experience.  I'm going to try Camofire, at least their stuff is more reasonably priced.  I don't mind paying a premium, but as a 7-10 day a year hunter, it should last more than one season before showing significant signs of wear.

Offline Duckslayer89

• Political & Covid-19 Topics
  • Trade Count: (+2)
  • Frontiersman
« Reply #9 on: September 17, 2017, 04:00:10 PM »
I've worn my kanab 2.0 for miles and miles through thick brush and steep hikes and never had a problem. Honestly I think the crotch problem comes from all these hunters going with this "athletic fit" skinny jean type clothing style that's in right now instead of having a little bit of room to move so they rip the crotch!

Offline trophyhunt

• Forum Sponsor
  • Trade Count: (+11)
  • Explorer
  • Groups: Wa Wild Sheep Life Member
« Reply #10 on: September 17, 2017, 06:07:50 PM »
Love firstlite gear, had to return a couple items and they were great about it.  Ripping your clothes on a branch can happen to any brand of clothing, except army surplus BDU's.  Those are bullet proof!
“In common with”..... not so much!!

Offline johnnyaustin44

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (+3)
  • Sourdough
« Reply #11 on: September 17, 2017, 06:32:52 PM »
Blew my crotch out in two days also. Same pants. Hoping for the same service as I really liked the pants.

Offline TommyGun496

• Hunter
« Reply #12 on: November 04, 2017, 08:00:54 AM »
I've worn my kanab 2.0 for miles and miles through thick brush and steep hikes and never had a problem. Honestly I think the crotch problem comes from all these hunters going with this "athletic fit" skinny jean type clothing style that's in right now instead of having a little bit of room to move so they rip the crotch!

That may be the case and they might have figured that out.  The replacement pants they sent are the same size, but they fit a little looser than the originals.

Offline opdinkslayer

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Frontiersman
« Reply #13 on: November 04, 2017, 08:26:26 AM »
Merino wool is an amazing fabric with many amazing qualities. Durability in rough conditions isnt one of them. The corrugate guide pants are bulletproof but the kanabs are not. If your expecting to wear the piss out of anything merino and pitch it in the washer/dryer you better look synthetic because it is gonna disappoint you. Still havent figured out why anybody would buy Sitka when you can get Kuiu thats a better product at a better price? :dunno:

Offline jackelope

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+27)
  • Legend
  • Groups: jackelope
« Reply #14 on: November 04, 2017, 08:57:19 AM »
Merino wool is an amazing fabric with many amazing qualities. Durability in rough conditions isnt one of them. The corrugate guide pants are bulletproof but the kanabs are not. If your expecting to wear the piss out of anything merino and pitch it in the washer/dryer you better look synthetic because it is gonna disappoint you. Still havent figured out why anybody would buy Sitka when you can get Kuiu thats a better product at a better price? :dunno:

Sitka Timberlines $229.00 Expensive pair of pants, but after wearing the same pair for 10 days in pretty significant situations. Waterproof knees and butt.

Kuiu Chinooks $219.99 Also an expensive pair of pants. No waterproof butt and the knees are an articulated waterproof knee pad. No thanks to the knee pads.

Really the prices are similar between the brands. Sitka is a few bucks more, but it's convenient because it can be found at stores. Personally I wouldn't buy a pair of pants or a $250 jacket without trying it on first.
:fire.:

" In today's instant gratification society, more and more pressure revolves around success and the measurement of one's prowess as a hunter by inches on a score chart or field photos produced on social media. Don't fall into the trap. Hunting is-and always will be- about the hunt, the adventure, the views, and time spent with close friends and family. " Ryan Hatfield

My posts, opinions and statements do not represent those of this forum

* Advertisement

* Recent Topics

Springer 2024 Columbia River by Taco280AI
[Today at 03:45:23 PM]

Springer Fishing Opportunity 3/29 & 3/30 by Blacklab
[Today at 12:48:56 PM]

Long Beach Clamming Tides by dilleytech
[Today at 12:39:19 PM]

Let’s see your best Washington buck by abhold87
[Today at 12:03:27 PM]

Bearpaw Season - Spring 2024 by bearpaw