collapse

Advertisement

Author Topic: North Central Washington Youth Hunting and Fishing Day (Free event)  (Read 2556 times)

Offline winshooter88

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Longhunter
North Central Washington Youth Hunting and Fishing Day

(In association with National Youth Hunting and Fishing Day)

Hosted by the Wenatchee Sportsmen’s Association

Saturday September 16th
at
The North central Washington Gun Club
2740 Gun Club Road, East Wenatchee, Washington
10:00 am until 3:00 pm

There will be bags of information and small gifts for the first 200 youth attending the event.
There will be twelve at least 15 stations or activity booths, including shotgun, 223 caliber rifle and 22 caliber rifle and bow & arrow shooting opportunities. Fly tying & casting demonstrations, care of game meat and fish demonstrations and information, duck calling, turkey and elk calling demonstrations. Washington Department of Fish and Wildlife TIP (Turn in Poachers) trailer with lots of heads and horns to view. Chelan County PUD will have a local wildlife presentation, Chelan County Sheriff’s Office will talk about Gun Safety, Chelan County Fire Department will be there to talk about Fire Safety. Rocky Mountain Elk Foundation will be there, also Cascadia Conservation District and U S Fish and Wildlife Service. Adam Neff will talk about Back Country Necessities. The Washington Department of Fish and Wildlife will have their KYOTO fish activities booth and one of their Karilian Bear Dogs and his handler.

At the end of the day there will be several prize drawings.

Hot dogs, chips and water will be available to participants.

This event is being organized by the Wenatchee Sportsmen’s Association with the help and sponsorship of organizations from all over the state and elsewhere.

Sponsoring groups and businesses
The Apple Valley Pumping Service, Blue Bird Growers, Coastal Farm and Ranch, Costco Wholesale, Church Pak, Mack’s Lures, North Central Washington Gun Club, Rocky Mountain Elk Foundation, Sportsman’s Warehouse/East Wenatchee, Stemilt Growers, URM Cash and Carry, Washington Department of Fish and Wildlife, Wenatchee Sportsmen’s Association.

Offline winshooter88

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Longhunter
Re: North Central Washington Youth Hunting and Fishing Day (Free event)
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2017, 02:54:44 PM »
bump

Offline Trapper John

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Sourdough
  • Groups: Life member of: WSTA, NTA, ITA, NRA also member of FTA, F4WM
« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2017, 03:56:24 PM »

Wingshooter,
To bad I didn't know of this soon I could of had the Washington State Trappers Association there for you guys.
September is one busy month for the trappers association with us holding booths in three county fairs and holding a couple of trapper training classes.
Next time you have something like this coming up let me know in advance and I'll get the trappers association to man a booth for you.
Plus I make custom game calls (duck, goose, crow, predator, etc.) that I will donate to an event like this.

I'll be over that way this weekend, maybe I'll see if I can pull myself away for a little while and stop in.
JC   :hello:

We are having the same event over in Snohomish County next Saturday the 23rd at:
Camp Pigott  (I believe its a Boy Scott Camp)
24225 Woods Creek Road
Snohomish
9:00 am to 4:00 pm
for more information:  http://wdfw.wa.gov/hunting/huntered/hunt_fish_day.html

Offline winshooter88

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Longhunter
« Reply #3 on: September 14, 2017, 04:24:23 PM »
Trapper,

Thank you, any help to make it better for the kids is greatly appreciated.

Dave

Offline winshooter88

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Longhunter
« Reply #4 on: September 15, 2017, 08:52:27 PM »
Bump

* Advertisement

* Recent Topics

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal