collapse

Advertisement

Author Topic: Ocean Shores deer poaching  (Read 6396 times)

Offline winshooter88

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Longhunter
Re: Ocean Shores deer poaching
« Reply #15 on: September 19, 2017, 05:01:21 AM »
Even if it was an archery kill it is still against the law to leave the rest and only take the head.
So it is illegal one way, (closed season or wasting a game animal), or the other.

Offline TomT

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Hunter
« Reply #16 on: September 19, 2017, 07:57:24 AM »
Just cause I'm curious what about the kill made it poaching ? Was it shot off private property ? Archery is in season so unless they were using a gun I'm lost on this one

No hunting is allowed at all in Ocean Shores with the exception of two specific areas where bird hunting is allowed.  Also, residents in the area of the poaching, reported hearing gunshots late at night.

Offline greenhead_killer

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Sourdough
  • Groups: wsf life member, wsta, mdf, sci, sscf
« Reply #17 on: September 19, 2017, 02:20:22 PM »
The one shot on the golf course had just the head taken. Greens keeper was there till dark and no dead deer. Next morning there is a carcass on the green with no head. Kind of suspicious at that point

Offline fishnfur

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (+1)
  • Frontiersman
« Reply #18 on: September 19, 2017, 02:56:04 PM »
Bizarre!  Weird! 

I can't imagine any poacher cutting the head off the deer in the dark/semi-dark in a wide open area - musta been dark and done without artificial light.  Wouldn't you drag the thing into the bushes to take off the head?  Sounds more like the Mafia "sending a message" to the greens keeper.
“When I die, I want to die like my grandfather who died peacefully in his sleep. Not screaming like all the passengers in his car.”  - Will Rogers

* Advertisement

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal