collapse

Advertisement

Author Topic: GPS for property boundries ???  (Read 4343 times)

Offline gaolista

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Tracker
Re: GPS for property boundries ???
« Reply #15 on: September 19, 2017, 01:35:55 PM »
Does the app still work when you're out of cell service?
Not unless you download the map images while you have cellular service. Otherwise it looks like this:

Thanks for the clarity Bob33!  I didn't realize that the maps had to be downloaded in the same way that the satellite imagery does.  Is there an extra cost for the satellite imagery when using the app on a smartphone?

No extra cost. ON X Hunt is by far the best GPS tool out there. The new 4.0 version had some wrinkles,  but they've updated it and it worked flawlessly for me during my elk hunt. Download your content before leaving home then access those areas in "offline" mode in the field. I downloaded using the "5 mile" amount of detail and it was amazing quality. Love the tracking feature, basically same as cookie crumb feature for those "old school" garmin GPS. I tracked all day and barely touched my battery.  Easy to use and very reliable.

Offline KimWar1911

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Tracker
« Reply #16 on: September 19, 2017, 09:41:08 PM »
I have both the app on my iPhone and it downloaded in my Garmin. The Garmin hasn't been out of my pack for a few years now

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline CamanoArcher4-2016

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Pilgrim
    • 757 S Commodore Ln
« Reply #17 on: September 20, 2017, 01:24:26 PM »
ONX maps works great, you can use on your phone or buy a chip that works for most gps handhelds. its 30 dollars per year for washington state and will often show private land owners information as well as the public land phone number for whoever is in charge of it.

Offline Stein

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (+11)
  • Explorer
« Reply #18 on: September 20, 2017, 01:45:52 PM »
I have both the app on my iPhone and it downloaded in my Garmin. The Garmin hasn't been out of my pack for a few years now

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
:yeah:

Offline Bob33

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (+2)
  • Legend
  • Groups: SCI, RMEF, NRA, Hunter Education
« Reply #19 on: September 20, 2017, 01:56:37 PM »
I have the onX app on my phone and state chips in my Garmin GPS. For many reasons I prefer the Garmin GPS while in the field. My preferred Garmins are the 60 series; the current versions are the 64x models.
Nature. It's cheaper than therapy.

* Advertisement

* Recent Topics

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal