collapse

Advertisement

Author Topic: West side elk not talking?  (Read 3342 times)

Offline RELV

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Tracker
Re: West side elk not talking?
« Reply #15 on: September 20, 2017, 11:06:01 AM »
They won't shut up around my house and have been bugling for weeks.  They call back when I bugle or use a cow call.  I am not very good either.

Offline TomT

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Hunter
« Reply #16 on: September 20, 2017, 12:38:00 PM »
I had two different bulls come in silent over the last week.  Have not heard any bugling.

Offline beav1980

• Hunter
« Reply #17 on: September 20, 2017, 09:47:39 PM »
Been out a bunch and it's been quite until tonight.  Four d a herd with 2 nice bulls and some satelites.  They wouldn't quit bugling.  I couldn't get a shot off but I have never witnessed anything like it while in the field.  It made my whole season. I backed out and heading back in the morning.  What an experience!

Offline mikelonsford

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Hunter
« Reply #18 on: September 20, 2017, 10:37:40 PM »
We were out for 10 days and I heard only 2 bulls bugle in that time and that is with us camped about 1/2 mile from the PCT for 4 nights bugling at night, then the remainder hunting wilderness area but again bugling at night and early AM and hearing absolutely nothing.  I think with the recent weather it should help that situation but it was slim picked for us.  That said I did get my 3rd bull in 6 years but it was rough!  Good Luck to all and hope the muzzy guys hear more than we did.
Mike

* Advertisement

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal