collapse

Advertisement

Author Topic: Great turnout at the National Hunting & Fishing Day Event  (Read 949 times)

Offline Trapper John

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Sourdough
  • Groups: Life member of: WSTA, NTA, ITA, NRA also member of FTA, F4WM
Great turnout at the National Hunting & Fishing Day Event
« on: September 24, 2017, 12:53:13 PM »

Another great turn out for WSTA at the National Hunting & Fishing Celebration Day held in Snohomish

Last year the same event was held in East Wenatchee and I was told only something like 87 kids showed up.
This year the department of Fish & Wildlife ask for kids to pre-sign up so they had some kind of an idea of how many were coming to the event.
650 pre-signed up!  That's right; 650 of them another maybe 200 walked in off of the street.  WOW !

WSTA was invited to have a booth.  So I went over Friday and set up out canopy and a couple of tables.  Saturday morning i went over early and set up two more tables (4 all together) and put out traps, trapping tools, stretchers boards, fleshing knives, etc., plus tanned fur.  What did we have for tanned fur?  Beaver, river otter, muskrat, mink, weasels (ermine), skunk, nutria, bobcat, coyote, fox and wolf.

The event started at 9:00 am and the crowd started coming and they didn't stop coming until the end of the day at 4:00 pm.
There was three of us working the booth and we could of used another two more guys with no problem.  I'm not sure just how many people stopped by our booth but I would say that it was more that a 1,000 people.  We had at one point I bet at least 150 people around us.  Great day and a great Event.

Next year it will be held in Eastern Washington.  They have a couple of places that they are looking at.  Richland is one of them, so members in the Tri-city area plan on putting up a booth.
JC   :hello:

* Advertisement

* Recent Topics

Let’s see your best Washington buck by high_hunter
[Yesterday at 10:31:08 PM]

Bearpaw Season - Spring 2024 by actionshooter
[Yesterday at 09:43:51 PM]

Walked a cougar down by MADMAX
[Yesterday at 08:31:53 PM]

Which 12” boat trailer tires? by timberhunter
[Yesterday at 08:22:18 PM]

Lowest power 22 round? by JakeLand