collapse

Advertisement

Author Topic: The return of the king  (Read 14303 times)

Offline ctwiggs1

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (+10)
  • Frontiersman
Re: The return of the king
« Reply #60 on: October 04, 2017, 09:07:45 AM »
To pass some "time". I have a few things to say

I have a few people who QUESTION why I would help Plat?  The questions should be WHY NOT?  PLAT has proven to me over and over that he upholds ethics that I stand for also.  He passes up animals daily that he could shoot and no one could do anything about it.  In other words he gets what he needs and thats it.  Hes not afraid of doing work!  He even has camo!  Ha ha.   We have had in depth conversations about the white man and indian conflicts and we always find common ground.  Amazing how two people who love hunting just click.   Thats why I chase elk, Cause no mattter the shooter it is a passion that has brought me many friends! 

It is an honor to hunt with you brother!  GETSUM

I just want to know if you guys are actually chasing Puff the Magic Dragons out there... 

Offline Elkcollector82

• Work to live, not live to work.
  • Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (+1)
  • Longhunter
  • Hunt hard by laying boot tracks, Not tire tracks
« Reply #61 on: October 04, 2017, 09:13:17 AM »
🤦‍♂️

Online Boss .300 winmag

• FLY NAVAL AVIATION
  • Washington For Wildlife
  • Trade Count: (+22)
  • Explorer
  • How do you measure trying, you do, or you don’t.
« Reply #62 on: October 04, 2017, 10:13:13 AM »
Big story tease, you ain’t got time for work right some more.  :chuckle:
"Just because I like granola, and I have stretched my arms around a few trees, doesn't mean I'm a tree hugger!
Hi I'm 8156, our leader is Bearpaw.
YOU CANNOT REASON WITH A TIGER WHEN YOUR HEAD IS IN ITS MOUTH! Winston Churchill

Keep Calm And Duc/Ski Doo On!

Offline Alchase

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Explorer
« Reply #63 on: October 04, 2017, 10:19:04 AM »

I have a few people who QUESTION why I would help Plat?  The questions should be WHY NOT?  PLAT has proven to me over and over that he upholds ethics that I stand for also.  He passes up animals daily that he could shoot and no one could do anything about it.  In other words he gets what he needs and thats it.  Hes not afraid of doing work!  He even has camo!  Ha ha.   We have had in depth conversations about the white man and indian conflicts and we always find common ground.  Amazing how two people who love hunting just click.   Thats why I chase elk, Cause no mattter the shooter it is a passion that has brought me many friends! 

What's to question?
Plat has always been straight forward and a valued member here!
He would be welcome at my fire or hunting with me anytime, on one condition, his pepperoni sticks stay home!
You know how it is with pepperoni or jerky, if someone brings it you have to have some.
From what I have heard his can be lethal  :yike:
Only 2 defining forces sacrificed themselves for you:
The American Soldier and Jesus Christ. One died for your freedom, the other for your soul.

My rock,
He trains my hands for war and my fingers for battle.
Psalm 144.1

Offline PlateauNDN

• Y.A.R. Medicine Man
  • Political & Covid-19 Topics
  • Trade Count: (+2)
  • Explorer
  • R.I.P. Colockumelk 20130423. Semper Fi!
« Reply #64 on: October 04, 2017, 12:32:57 PM »

This kind of stuff is what really turns folks away here. Does it matter why brothers, I say brothers because RT has proven time and again that he is someone who is stand up, man of his word, loyal and genuinely caring.

Here's an example as to why I call him brother.

I, my wife and youngest daughter broke down in my truck last year an hour away from home. I called every family and friend to come to our aid on a hot august day and nobody would come for a few hrs.

I even reached out here on hw, for assistance and no answer. Only person I knew in the area was RT and he lived about 40-45 min away.

I called him in a casual manner seeing what he was up to and if he was busy? He was about to sit down for dinner then go into and enjoy some activities with his girlfriend.

I decided not to ask for assistance as he was busy, but he finally said what's going on and I still told him not to worry as I would eventually have someone here in a few hrs.

Without skipping a beat he said he'd be on his way. And within 30 min at least a big diesel ford pulled up.

After an assessment of the truck he discovered the issue and it could be replaced on the spot.

To add even more to this story and seal my friendship with this man, I and wife had went to this city for our anniversary. A quick getaway afternoon/evening. After spending just about all I had for the day I didn't have enough to pay for the parts.

Needless to say, without hesitation he pays and fixes my truck. He didn't have to but he did. He didn't have to delay or cancel his plans but he did. All of this without even hesitating, having to think about it or contemplating it.

If that doesn't speak for the kind of character this guy has then I don't know what does.

Hes earned my loyalty and friendship and if he ever needed help he'd have it from me.  :tup:
If you can read thank a teacher, If you can read in English thank a Marine! 
Not as Lean, Just as Mean, Still a Marine!
He who shed blood with me shall forever be my brother!

"Around this camp, there's only one Chief; the rest are Indians!"

"Give me 15 more minutes, I was dreaming of Beavers!"

Offline E35alex

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Hunter
« Reply #65 on: October 04, 2017, 12:53:50 PM »

This kind of stuff is what really turns folks away here. Does it matter why brothers, I say brothers because RT has proven time and again that he is someone who is stand up, man of his word, loyal and genuinely caring.

I, my wife and youngest daughter broke down in my truck last year an hour away from home. I called every family and friend to come to our aid on a hot august day and nobody would come for a few hrs.

I even reached out here on hw, for assistance and no answer. Only person I knew in the area was RT and he lived about 40-45 min away.

I called him in a casual manner seeing what he was up to and if he was busy? He was about to sit down for dinner then go into and enjoy some activities with his girlfriend.

I decided not to ask for assistance as he was busy, but he finally said what's going on and I still told him not to worry as I would eventually have someone here in a few hrs.

Without skipping a beat he said he'd be on his way. And within 30 min at least a big diesel ford pulled up.

After an assessment of the truck he discovered the issue and it could be replaced on the spot.

To add even more to this story and seal my friendship with this man, I and wife had went to this city for our anniversary. A quick getaway afternoon/evening. After spending just about all I had for the day I didn't have enough to pay for the parts.

Needless to say, without hesitation he pays and fixes my truck. He didn't have to but he did. He didn't have to delay or cancel his plans but he did. All of this without even hesitating, having to think about it or contemplating it.

If that doesn't speak for the kind of character this guy has then I don't know what does.

Hes earned my loyalty and friendship and if he ever needed help he'd have it from me.  :tup:

Highest Priase!!!! :tup:
The closer I get to nature, the farther I am from idiots.

Offline 7mmfan

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (+7)
  • Old Salt
    • https://www.facebook.com/rory.oconnor.9480
« Reply #66 on: October 04, 2017, 12:55:31 PM »
 :tup:
I hunt, therefore I am.... I fish, therefore I lie.

Offline ctwiggs1

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (+10)
  • Frontiersman
« Reply #67 on: October 04, 2017, 12:56:19 PM »
yeah but elk....

Offline Stalkin Prey

• Hunter
« Reply #68 on: October 04, 2017, 03:30:17 PM »

Sounds like a stand up guy and a true friend. Too many fair weather friends out there, Who you choose to surround yourself with speaks volumes about who you are as a person. Congrats on your success and wish you guys the best of luck. Still waiting on the story and pics though...........

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline deerhunter_98520

• Past Sponsor
  • Trade Count: (+4)
  • Old Salt
  • Chief Executive Head Anarchist of YKWTSASFFRO
« Reply #69 on: October 04, 2017, 03:45:12 PM »
Couple stand up guys if you ask me  :tup:  now dragon slayer it's been a while since an update here
Official hunt-wa bigfoot field researcher!

Online trophyhunt

• Forum Sponsor
  • Trade Count: (+11)
  • Explorer
  • Groups: Wa Wild Sheep Life Member
« Reply #70 on: October 04, 2017, 04:19:36 PM »

You wouldn't think it with how the media portrays us, but I feel most people in this country are good people.  :tup:
“In common with”..... not so much!!

Offline PlateauNDN

• Y.A.R. Medicine Man
  • Trade Count: (+2)
  • Explorer
  • R.I.P. Colockumelk 20130423. Semper Fi!
« Reply #71 on: October 04, 2017, 04:25:36 PM »
Well, I'll finish for the non-haters. :tup:

As light dwindled a glimmer of light began to arise. As they approached, the light began to shine brighter and brighter. Upon coming into view there he stood. He stood with the presence of being the overlord of this dominion.

He did not move, he did not care. This was his dominion, his lands, his territory. He didn't falter or shudder at our presence.

He stood there with his head held high, chest bulging out and beard on full display. The appearance was that of a norse god, as if we had entered Valhalla itself and were among gods of men.

As his fair maidens undoubtedly knew what was about to occur they fled. It wasnt a flee as to be scared or fear for life and limb, but a flee of getting out of the way as a battle was to ensue and they did not want to get in the way.

As Frodo Plat drew his sword and begin to step into striking distance the dragon still did not budge. He stood his ground and readied himself.

As Frodo Plat lifted his weapon, this fashioned weapon of death and destruction, this fine weapon that could be called quite frankly, the God Killer.

Swung his weapon, striking the dragon with a fatal blow to his chest surprising the dragon and causing him to spin and saunter about 30 yds and finally buckle under his feet and collapse to the ground.

As Frodo Plat approached to get a better view of the dragon and see if he succumbed to such a deadly blow, he reared up and let out a deathly hollow.

As he was attempting to flee our hero struck another fatal blow to the chest of the dragon causing him to stagger a bit and fall to the ground spewing a pink mist.

As the dragon had fallen out of view Frodo Plat cautiously approached to see if this 2nd deadly blow had finally done it's duty.

Alas!!! To no avail, the dragon jumped up in defiance facing our hero with his head reared back, our hero dealt another fatal blow.

This time in view did the dragon collapse thru trees knocking them over and gave a last howl and cough of red spray and the adventure had come to an end...

Middle washington was now safe. The one who ruled all had been extinguished. Now as light was near faded the heroes traveled back to their chariot to gather their packs and supplies to begin the long process of butchering and packing his delicious meat out for consumption.

Yet again, the conclusion of battle occurred and packing occurred in the night. As they were busy cutting and carrying the dragon many other dragons began to sing songs of joy and proclaim their manlihood and dominance in the absence of the one.
If you can read thank a teacher, If you can read in English thank a Marine! 
Not as Lean, Just as Mean, Still a Marine!
He who shed blood with me shall forever be my brother!

"Around this camp, there's only one Chief; the rest are Indians!"

"Give me 15 more minutes, I was dreaming of Beavers!"

Offline E35alex

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Hunter
« Reply #72 on: October 04, 2017, 05:00:09 PM »
👏 bravo!!

Perhaps a painting of this dragon?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
The closer I get to nature, the farther I am from idiots.

Offline JBar

• The Family "Guide"
  • Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (+14)
  • Sourdough
« Reply #73 on: October 04, 2017, 05:01:48 PM »
 :tup: Always enjoy your writings Plat!!
Shut up and Hunt!

Offline Elkcollector82

• Work to live, not live to work.
  • Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (+1)
  • Longhunter
  • Hunt hard by laying boot tracks, Not tire tracks
« Reply #74 on: October 04, 2017, 05:57:38 PM »
Great write up. Very enjoyable  :tup: now how about a picture or pictures to go along with this story.

* Advertisement

* Recent Topics

Let’s see your best Washington bull by trophyhunt
[Today at 07:20:21 PM]

Hunting Dog Memorial by Henrydog
[Today at 07:06:30 PM]

Pairs by nwwanderer
[Today at 07:02:59 PM]

Springer 2024 Columbia River by Blacklab
[Today at 06:50:06 PM]

Holster for FNS 40C by bb76
[Today at 06:37:56 PM]