collapse

Advertisement

Author Topic: Bump Stocks  (Read 21174 times)

Offline pianoman9701

• Mushroom Man
  • Business Sponsor
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • Legend
  • WWC, NRA Life, WFW, NAGR, RMEF, WSB, NMLS #2014743
    • www.facebook.com/johnwallacemortgage
    • Apply for a loan
Re: Bump Stocks
« Reply #60 on: October 05, 2017, 03:53:23 PM »
Luckily, the Constitution has set up law enforcement to be the most powerful on the local level - the Sheriff is the most powerful LE in his jurisdiction. He has to allow any other state or federal units to work there or they don't. And our armed forces are not allowed to be used against us except in very specifically outlined circumstances. Having seen the responses of several sheriffs regarding gun control and the subject of relinquishing authority to the feds, I feel better that the localized nature of our law enforcement setup will be an effective tool to keep any federal offensive desires at bay. It would be extremely difficult for the feds to launch against its citizens, even without considering the scale on a geographic level.
"Restricting the rights of law-abiding citizens based on the actions of criminals and madmen will have no positive effect on the future acts of criminals and madmen. It will only serve to reduce individual rights and the very security of our republic." - Pianoman

Offline hunter399

• Political & Covid-19 Topics
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Old Salt
  • If you know me,then you know I give zero #&$@$
  • Groups: NRA RMEF
« Reply #61 on: October 05, 2017, 04:26:22 PM »
I was thinking more of this product,alot cheaper,more effective,i think I could make one out of a few bolts and a fidget spinner.I was thinking of getting it,putting it on my blackout for some deer hunting at only forty dollars,why not.
Anyway here's some links to what I'm talking about and if you Google it there's about ten articals saying it might of been used in Vegas shooting.

http://twozprecision.com/product/gatcrank-15/

I rather piss in the wind,then have piss down my back.

Offline T-Dozzer

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (+3)
  • Longhunter
Pelosi hopes its a slippery slope
« Reply #62 on: October 05, 2017, 05:12:40 PM »
Not smart on her part. The bump stock is a crap product and not needed , but this is where the "don't give an inch" comes from.

https://hotair.com/archives/2017/10/05/pelosi-sure-hope-ban-bump-stocks-slippery-slope-gun-control/

Offline brew

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (+17)
  • Sourdough
« Reply #63 on: October 05, 2017, 05:34:06 PM »
I was thinking more of this product,alot cheaper,more effective,i think I could make one out of a few bolts and a fidget spinner.I was thinking of getting it,putting it on my blackout for some deer hunting at only forty dollars,why not.
Anyway here's some links to what I'm talking about and if you Google it there's about ten articals saying it might of been used in Vegas shooting.

thats kinda funny...yeah i hope when SHTF that i'm rolling around with a fidget spinner and an office chair so i can hit a target 30 feet in front of me...you can see by using this gadget that you have no support of the gun.  I'll take my "bump" stock and forend handle against this any day.  how many years have these stocks been around and now that someone has caused this tragedy we need to ban it ?  where were all you people years ago when this thing was available for legal use ?  you would have had to know with the amount of rounds it can throw out that there was a possibility of someone using it at sometime for ultimate destruction...Here's an idea---fully automatic weapons are legal to have in certain circumstances so let's ban all of them now because at some point someone will use them to mass murder innocent people...lets all get behind this movement now before it happens...stop being idiots and banning tools rather than focusing on the people using them...will we ever stop people from mass murdering people ?---NO...think about what has happened recently-trucks driving over people in France, how about McVey blowing up a Fed building ?  should we ban fertilizer ?  how are you gonna ban poop ?  we need to concentrate on the individuals rather on the tools they use...we need to be more proactive rather than reactive after the heinous act has been committed.  we will never be able to stop all of them but that is the trade off  for having the constitiutional rights that we have had for 250 years...
beer---it's whats for dinner

Offline hunter399

• Old Salt
« Reply #64 on: October 05, 2017, 05:39:48 PM »
Let me ask you brew how much did ya pay for a bump fire stock.

Offline brew

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Sourdough
« Reply #65 on: October 05, 2017, 05:43:34 PM »
a lot less then i was comfortable paying for it....what does it matter ?

Offline brew

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Sourdough
« Reply #66 on: October 05, 2017, 05:49:27 PM »
Let me ask you brew how much did ya pay for a bump fire stock.
how much did you pay for the vehicle you drive ?  you know the top speed limit in the state is 70 mph so why would you pay extra for a vehicle that can go over the legal speed limit ?  oh i have the answer...because you never know when you're gonna need a little more than the law will allow..

Offline JimmyHoffa

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (+2)
  • Explorer
« Reply #67 on: October 05, 2017, 05:50:48 PM »
I see this going to off topics real quick...

So I will help :tung:

You do realize if the government does become a threat to us, they will have the largest, most technologically advanced military in the world protecting them right?  Your semi auto AR 15 isn't going to do much.
All their jets, tanks, satellites and drones can't seem to beat a group of bronze age goat herders, though.

Offline hunter399

• Old Salt
« Reply #68 on: October 05, 2017, 05:59:08 PM »
a lot less then i was comfortable paying for it....what does it matter ?
It was always too much for me,gat crank is the poor man bump stock and may be legal after the ban of bump stock,you may always considering selling for a lot more than you paid the price on gun broker is going up.

http://www.gunbroker.com/All/BI.aspx?Keywords=bump+fire

Offline Boss .300 winmag

• FLY NAVAL AVIATION
  • Washington For Wildlife
  • Trade Count: (+22)
  • Explorer
  • How do you measure trying, you do, or you don’t.
« Reply #69 on: October 05, 2017, 06:16:32 PM »
I see this going to off topics real quick...

So I will help :tung:

You do realize if the government does become a threat to us, they will have the largest, most technologically advanced military in the world protecting them right?  Your semi auto AR 15 isn't going to do much.
All their jets, tanks, satellites and drones can't seem to beat a group of bronze age goat herders, though.

Their has already been a study on the military turning on the US populace if a civil war happens for just reasons, they won’t.

I, _____, do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic; that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the same; and that I will obey the orders of the President of the United States and the orders of the officers appointed ...

That red letter word everybody thinks means against the civilian population, ain’t so the men in the military know what it means.  ;)

"Just because I like granola, and I have stretched my arms around a few trees, doesn't mean I'm a tree hugger!
Hi I'm 8156, our leader is Bearpaw.
YOU CANNOT REASON WITH A TIGER WHEN YOUR HEAD IS IN ITS MOUTH! Winston Churchill

Keep Calm And Duc/Ski Doo On!

Offline CP

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • Old Salt
« Reply #70 on: October 05, 2017, 07:23:42 PM »

Even cheaper:

Online rtspring

• Washington For Wildlife
  • Old Salt
« Reply #71 on: October 05, 2017, 07:28:33 PM »
So if a guy walked into a crowded restaurant with a single shot .22, do we then ban all single shots?   

We didnt ban airplanes after 9/11, we havent banned knives, so on and so forth. 

I kill elk and eat elk, when I'm not, I'm thinking about killing elk and eating elk.

It doesn't matter what you think...

The Whiners suck!!

Offline elkinrutdrivemenuts

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Sourdough
« Reply #72 on: October 05, 2017, 07:48:16 PM »
So if a guy walked into a crowded restaurant with a single shot .22, do we then ban all single shots?   

We didnt ban airplanes after 9/11, we havent banned knives, so on and so forth.

Yeah but we sure did change the security screenings.  Don't recall a plane flying into a building lately.

That's two different animals to control.  The only solution to stopping gun violence is to go back in time and never invent them.  That's not possible.

Offline baker5150

• Past Sponsor
  • Trade Count: (+3)
  • Frontiersman
  • Groups: Loser's Lounge - Lifetime Member
« Reply #73 on: October 05, 2017, 08:26:49 PM »
The only accesory that makes a gun deadly is the lunatic using it.

Offline Fl0und3rz

• Forum Sponsor
  • Trade Count: (+7)
  • Legend
« Reply #74 on: October 05, 2017, 08:30:19 PM »
We should outlaw those.

* Advertisement

* Recent Topics

CVA optima V2 LR tapped hole for front sight by jrebel
[Today at 06:27:01 AM]

Let’s see your best Washington buck by HntnFsh