collapse

Advertisement

Author Topic: I dont blame them  (Read 3295 times)

Offline dc

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (+1)
  • Hunter
I dont blame them
« on: October 08, 2017, 02:44:11 PM »
I need to post a rant.  I have purchased the Weyerhaeuser st helens access permit since it came to fruition several yrs ago.  Like it or not, its the only way I can scratch my local hunting itch.  One (at least I) would think that the people that are spending the money to access this property would take care of it.  I saw no less than 24 or more beer cans thrown along the side of the road not to mention the water bottles and candy wrappers while muzzle loading for elk opening morning.  I would hope that we as sportsman would take care of this land better than this.  The access fee should have weeded out the $#@& bags that have at least helped in Weyerhaeuser's decision to start charging for access to hunt.  What the hell is wrong with us as sportsman.  If it was my property, I would lock it up completely.  If people that have a $ interest in this land wont/cant keep it clean then why should we be able to access it at all.  Clean up your act people before we are totally locked out!!!!

dc

Offline zwickeyman

• Past Sponsor
  • Trade Count: (+20)
  • Sourdough
Re: I dont blame them
« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2017, 02:47:55 PM »
Couldn't agree more

You see it every where, I don't get it. Public and private. Its f-n discusting
The mountains are calling and I must go

Offline Elkcollector82

• Work to live, not live to work.
  • Non-Hunting Topics
  • Longhunter
  • Hunt hard by laying boot tracks, Not tire tracks
« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2017, 02:57:52 PM »
Collect the cans and recoup your money back.  :dunno:

Offline Elkcollector82

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Longhunter
« Reply #3 on: October 08, 2017, 03:02:42 PM »
Couldn't agree more

You see it every where, I don't get it. Public and private. Its f-n discusting

All seriousness though. Zwickey nailed it. Other then spelling disgusting.  :chuckle:

Offline dc

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Hunter
« Reply #4 on: October 08, 2017, 03:04:56 PM »
So mr elkcollector, is the shrug because you don't understand or share my frustration with the garbage?  I guess I cant expect everyone to share in my disgust for the litter. 

Offline Elkcollector82

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Longhunter
« Reply #5 on: October 08, 2017, 03:09:46 PM »
So mr elkcollector, is the shrug because you don't understand or share my frustration with the garbage?  I guess I cant expect everyone to share in my disgust for the litter.

I share your frustration. I’ve packed many pounds of garbage out of the back country. On my back that is.

But to go along with your rant. Did you stop your Truck and pick up the garbage along side the road? Or did you continue to drive and just fume about it?

Offline dc

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Hunter
« Reply #6 on: October 08, 2017, 03:12:05 PM »
I have a good start on my aluminum collection in the back of my truck, yes.  As I don't drink beer, people are going to start wondering if I have started though.

Offline pd

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • Sourdough
« Reply #7 on: October 08, 2017, 03:12:39 PM »
I agree with the OP on this.

But let me ask. Didn't WeyCo (and the other timber companies) say that garbage prevention was a goal of the fee system?  If so, now what?
Si vis pacem, para bellum

Offline Elkcollector82

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Longhunter
« Reply #8 on: October 08, 2017, 03:13:26 PM »
I have a good start on my aluminum collection in the back of my truck, yes.  As I don't drink beer, people are going to start wondering if I have started though.

Well your a good man.  :tup:

Online jrebel

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Explorer
« Reply #9 on: October 08, 2017, 03:18:42 PM »
I find it interesting that many of the people on this website associate "hunter" with "sportsmen" and "good upstanding citizens that make good decisions."  I have met many hunters in my life that are a disgrace to the sport.  They are no better than the scum that dump meth labs in the woods.  Just because you hunt doesn't mean you have good morals, values or ethics. 

Much like the guys that offroad in their trucks, quads or dirtbikes.......just because you can, doesn't mean you should or it is legal.   :bash: :bash:

Sorry you had to witness the garbage.  The only way to keep our lands open is to clean up after these dirt bags. 

Offline Boss .300 winmag

• FLY NAVAL AVIATION
  • Washington For Wildlife
  • Trade Count: (+22)
  • Explorer
  • How do you measure trying, you do, or you don’t.
« Reply #10 on: October 08, 2017, 03:22:44 PM »
I find it interesting that many of the people on this website associate "hunter" with "sportsmen" and "good upstanding citizens that make good decisions."  I have met many hunters in my life that are a disgrace to the sport.  They are no better than the scum that dump meth labs in the woods.  Just because you hunt doesn't mean you have good morals, values or ethics. 

Much like the guys that offroad in their trucks, quads or dirtbikes.......just because you can, doesn't mean you should or it is legal.   :bash: :bash:

Sorry you had to witness the garbage.  The only way to keep our lands open is to clean up after these dirt bags.

Nicely stated Jrebel.  :tup:
"Just because I like granola, and I have stretched my arms around a few trees, doesn't mean I'm a tree hugger!
Hi I'm 8156, our leader is Bearpaw.
YOU CANNOT REASON WITH A TIGER WHEN YOUR HEAD IS IN ITS MOUTH! Winston Churchill

Keep Calm And Duc/Ski Doo On!

Offline JimmyHoffa

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (+2)
  • Explorer
« Reply #11 on: October 08, 2017, 03:32:28 PM »
The risks of getting caught for littering aren't as bad as the suspicion of dui because of an open container still in the car.  The amount of drinking and driving didn't seem to really change, just what about half (??) did with their cans.

Offline dc

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Hunter
« Reply #12 on: October 08, 2017, 03:42:21 PM »
I guess maybe that I thought that since we are now paying to access it would stop the vandalism and littering.  My bad for the wishful thinking.

Offline Don_D

• Past Sponsor
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Hunter
    • NA
  • Groups: NRA
« Reply #13 on: October 08, 2017, 03:56:59 PM »

I got pulled over once with a bunch of them in the back of my truck and the deputy told me they are considered an open container even in the back. I got them out of there pretty quick after that, same deal, garbage cleanup at a shooting spot I used to frequent and left in my truck for a few days.

Online jrebel

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Explorer
« Reply #14 on: October 08, 2017, 04:16:25 PM »

I got pulled over once with a bunch of them in the back of my truck and the deputy told me they are considered an open container even in the back. I got them out of there pretty quick after that, same deal, garbage cleanup at a shooting spot I used to frequent and left in my truck for a few days.

The way you get around this is to carry a big black garbage bag.  Pick them up and place them in the bag.....losely tie the bag and you continue till full.  You cannot be harrassed for open container if it is in a garbage bag with other garbage.  Not to mention....who's going to search your garbage.   :tup:

* Advertisement

* Recent Topics

CVA optima V2 LR tapped hole for front sight by jrebel
[Today at 06:27:01 AM]

Let’s see your best Washington buck by HntnFsh
[Today at 05:33:38 AM]

Bearpaw Season - Spring 2024 by actionshooter
[Yesterday at 09:43:51 PM]

Walked a cougar down by MADMAX
[Yesterday at 08:31:53 PM]

Which 12” boat trailer tires? by timberhunter
[Yesterday at 08:22:18 PM]