collapse

Advertisement

Author Topic: Modern Firearm Close Calls Or Worse  (Read 7169 times)

Offline boneaddict

• Site Sponsor
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Legend
Re: Modern Firearm Close Calls Or Worse
« Reply #15 on: October 12, 2017, 01:09:22 PM »
I was painted in blood from a guy shooting a two point in a three point or better area.  The funny thing was, he shot the smaller two point.  The deer literally died at my feet, as in touched me.  I was so mad I had to walk away or risk killing the man.  Two other guys who witnessed it turned him in for the two point violation, and the warden nailed him.

Offline h20hunter

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • Legend
« Reply #16 on: October 12, 2017, 02:04:43 PM »
Standby....

15 minute cool off in place. Bickering about terms and derailing threads is exactly what we are doing our best to get away from. Thread cleaned up and I'll unlock in a bit.

Annnnnnnd go. Please stay on topic as well as civil.
« Last Edit: October 12, 2017, 02:23:15 PM by h20hunter »

Offline JimmyHoffa

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (+2)
  • Explorer
« Reply #17 on: October 12, 2017, 06:55:58 PM »
Reading some of this stuff, man. This is the kind of stuff people should lose their hunting licenses over.
Lots of those older guys never took hunter's ed.  And seems lots of the kids with them would rather hunt like uncle and pops and disregard everything from hunter's ed.

Offline Pegasus

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Sourdough
« Reply #18 on: October 12, 2017, 07:26:36 PM »
I don't think hunter's ed has much to do with the problem. You either can respect the rules, laws and common sense or you should never be within a thousand feet of a firearm. I call them "Slob Hunters". No respect for gun safety and no respect for the hunting laws and you certainly don't want to camp next to them. I am no youngster and have seen this "genre of so-called hunters" throughout my lifetime.

Offline npaull

• Political & Covid-19 Topics
  • Sourdough
« Reply #19 on: October 12, 2017, 07:45:45 PM »
 :yeah:

Nothing could be worse for the future of hunting than some of its slob representatives.

Offline Turner89

• WA State Trappers Association
  • Frontiersman
« Reply #20 on: October 12, 2017, 08:01:35 PM »
I don't think hunter's ed has much to do with the problem. You either can respect the rules, laws and common sense or you should never be within a thousand feet of a firearm. I call them "Slob Hunters". No respect for gun safety and no respect for the hunting laws and you certainly don't want to camp next to them. I am no youngster and have seen this "genre of so-called hunters" throughout my lifetime.
If your an idiot, your an idiot. Don't think a class will change there morals, or level of common sense.
" if your a 20 year old and not a liberal, you don't have a heart. If your a 40 year old and not a conservative,  you don't have a brain"

Offline Sliverslinger

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Longhunter
« Reply #21 on: October 12, 2017, 08:11:48 PM »
I gave up rifle hunting years ago after constant issues and people being upset about "their spot." I've been archery deer since then until this year.
Mostly on a whim I felt like rifle deer hunting in a new area so headed to Rimrock/ Bethel tomorrow with the dualsport. Not sure what to expect, but this thread does not give me great hopes.
SliverSlinger

Offline The scout

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (+7)
  • Sourdough
« Reply #22 on: October 12, 2017, 08:32:43 PM »
Quote from: Turner89 link=topic=219358.msg2918643#msg29186 :yeah:43 date=1507863695
If your an idiot, your an idiot. Don't think a class will change there morals, or level of common sense.

:yeah: I took hunter safety about 20 years ago. I don't remember one single thing taught there. people are just stupid. I find myself going to not the best hunting areas just to escape the crowds.

Offline pashok23

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Sourdough
« Reply #23 on: October 12, 2017, 09:49:49 PM »

Offline ctwiggs1

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (+10)
  • Frontiersman
« Reply #24 on: October 13, 2017, 06:19:54 AM »
It really is a respect issue. 

These are the same people not spending time at the range to make sure they are making good shots on animals. 

People who zero to 50 yards, but take a 400 yard shot "just to see if I could kill a deer from 400 yards" not even considering that they may just wound the animal.

People who take shots in the general direction of others, of vehicles, of residences, etc.

People whose actions are generally referenced by the anti-hunters because nobody, not even the real hunters appreciate what they do.

There is no age limit for these folks; they exist in every generation in every demographic.

Offline runamuk

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Explorer
« Reply #25 on: October 13, 2017, 07:23:02 AM »
I have been scoped a bunch always makes me mad.  Worst was I came around a bend and there was a herd of deer with a small spike (3 point area) and all of a,sudden a guy comes from the other direction he instantly raises his rifle I actually hollered hey its a spike dude. I will say my life flashed he totally did not see me there at all all he saw was deer.

All the orange in the world can't save you when people refuse to identify things before putting their gun up.

And not hunting related I grew up surrounded by guns and was terrified by what I saw.  I was very anti gun when I joined here in 2008. Saw no reason for anyone to own semi auto pistols or little black guns. I have owned and enjoyed building both since then.

Thanks huntwa guys alive and no longer with us for not scaring me and berating me for my fears.

Offline Idabooner

• Political & Covid-19 Topics
  • Longhunter
« Reply #26 on: October 13, 2017, 07:33:03 AM »
I was painted in blood from a guy shooting a two point in a three point or better area.  The funny thing was, he shot the smaller two point.  The deer literally died at my feet, as in touched me.  I was so mad I had to walk away or risk killing the man.  Two other guys who witnessed it turned him in for the two point violation, and the warden nailed him.

I was a couple hundred feet from you when this happened, I remember it well.

Offline ctwiggs1

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (+10)
  • Frontiersman
« Reply #27 on: October 13, 2017, 07:41:08 AM »

Thanks huntwa guys alive and no longer with us for not scaring me and berating me for my fears.

:tup:  A good reminder of what this site is all about.

Offline andr3wxmma

• Hunter
  • Groups: NRA
« Reply #28 on: October 15, 2017, 04:55:09 PM »
During a youth day hunt, my cousin negligently shot off her gun  loading it (lever action 30-30) into the side of my uncles jeep(noone was hurt). They should have gave her more classes on gun safety and watched her more closely like my dad did with me. (we were like 10). I'm glad I haven't experienced anything like the other hunters on here, I don't think id be able to walk away with just words exchanged.
« Last Edit: October 15, 2017, 08:11:48 PM by andr3wxmma »

Offline WAnoob

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Scout
« Reply #29 on: October 15, 2017, 05:12:03 PM »
Today I went to check out a clear cut looking for blacktail and on my way in I heard shots ring off about 200 yards away. The person was using a rock face for a backstop and I heard a few ricochets and one bullet zipped by me about 75 yards away and smacked a tree. I may be done with modern from now on and just go strictly archery next season.
AK 907

* Advertisement

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal