collapse

Advertisement

Author Topic: A quick question on nootropics, has anyone tried them for hunting?  (Read 2204 times)

Offline bearclaws

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Pilgrim
A quick question on supplements, anyone tried those that increase focus? Like caffeine, green tea, or specific ones you can buy online for brain focus?

And if so, did they help for hunting?

Offline Skyvalhunter

• Washington For Wildlife
  • Explorer
Re: A quick question on nootropics, has anyone tried them for hunting?
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2018, 06:28:13 AM »
Never heard of them who is the manufacturer? I stick with Wilderness Athlete products
The only man who never makes a mistake, is the man who never does anything!!
The further one goes into the wilderness, the greater the attraction of its lonely freedom.

Offline lord grizzly

• Political & Covid-19 Topics
  • Trade Count: (+1)
  • Longhunter
« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2018, 07:44:27 AM »
That wilderness athlete stuff cracks me up. Sugar water with clever marketing that guys bite hook line and sinker. I’m sure there’s a placebo affect that guys think there getting a benift from. Hard to beat just staying hydrated, you know, water

Offline Stein

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (+11)
  • Explorer
« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2018, 07:46:57 AM »
I stick with caffeine, if you want to venture into the other stuff you may want to check out Ben Greenfield, he discusses and uses quite a few different things.

Offline davk

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (+4)
  • Hunter
  • Groups: NRA, GOA
« Reply #4 on: March 12, 2018, 07:50:48 PM »
That wilderness athlete stuff cracks me up. Sugar water with clever marketing that guys bite hook line and sinker. I’m sure there’s a placebo affect that guys think there getting a benift from. Hard to beat just staying hydrated, you know, water
Cant speak for all their products because I only have ever used their Rehydrate and Recover.  I feel way better the next morning after drinking it than I ever did just drinking water.  There have been plenty of times, especially earlier on when I started taking it, that I would wake up expecting to feel like crap after hiking and sweating all day.  I would be surprised how well I felt, and then remembered that I drank it the night before.

Offline ian_padron

• Scout
« Reply #5 on: March 12, 2018, 10:06:47 PM »
I stick with caffeine, if you want to venture into the other stuff you may want to check out Ben Greenfield, he discusses and uses quite a few different things.

Ben Greenfield is a certified dumb$#%

The dude injected his junk with stem cells just to see what would happen.

How anyone with half a brain follows what that idiot spews is beyond comprehension.

You don't need nootropics, get your mind right with sleep, nutrition, and being in good shape. Add a little caffeine if you're feeling frisky.

Offline ian_padron

• Scout
« Reply #6 on: March 12, 2018, 10:09:15 PM »
Cant speak for all their products because I only have ever used their Rehydrate and Recover.  I feel way better the next morning after drinking it than I ever did just drinking water.  There have been plenty of times, especially earlier on when I started taking it, that I would wake up expecting to feel like crap after hiking and sweating all day.  I would be surprised how well I felt, and then remembered that I drank it the night before.

Pounding a bottle of cold water with electrolyte powder mixed in is absolutely clutch in the backcountry. I've experienced the same thing, slam like 48 ounces with 2 NUUN tablets chucked in with some Mio for flavor and I wake up feeling fresh and hydrated. No cracked lips, or heat sensitivity the next day either in the summer time when I'm really pounding the miles.

* Advertisement

* Recent Topics

Bearpaw Season - Spring 2024 by Machias
[Today at 09:19:44 AM]

SB 5444 signed by Inslee on 03/26 Takes Effect on 06/06/24 by hughjorgan
[Today at 09:03:26 AM]

Walked a cougar down by 2MANY
[Today at 08:56:26 AM]

Springer 2024 Columbia River by WSU
[Today at 08:31:10 AM]

Average by lhrbull
[Today at 07:31:56 AM]