collapse

Advertisement

Author Topic: pearrygin  (Read 7679 times)

Offline Mtn.Ghost

• NWTripper
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Sourdough
Re: pearrygin
« Reply #15 on: October 17, 2017, 05:23:27 AM »
Hunted 6 days of archery season from fawn creek to beaver creek and everything in-between party of 4 hunted hard in all directions. Between us we saw a total of 4 deer (no shooters) that weren't leaning up against houses in town. Took a shot on a masher black bear (cinnamon) easy 400#'er and was deflected  :bash: All in all good time hunting but bad times for the deer. Been hunting there for 30+ yrs and it sure isn't what it used to be sadly. Nothing at all in pearrygin :(   
"Grizzlybunny"

Offline Cervid

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Pilgrim
« Reply #16 on: October 17, 2017, 05:59:19 AM »
Hunted 6 days of archery season from fawn creek to beaver creek and everything in-between party of 4 hunted hard in all directions. Between us we saw a total of 4 deer (no shooters) that weren't leaning up against houses in town. Took a shot on a masher black bear (cinnamon) easy 400#'er and was deflected  :bash: All in all good time hunting but bad times for the deer. Been hunting there for 30+ yrs and it sure isn't what it used to be sadly. Nothing at all in pearrygin :(   

Think I'm going back this weekend to shoot coyotes, would you be willing to expand on the location of that bear via PM?

Offline meat hntr78

• Tracker
« Reply #17 on: October 17, 2017, 06:09:58 AM »
 :yeah:
The whole Methow/Okanogan valley is a shadow of it's former self... for at least 10 or more years  :'(
   during archery season one weekend  didn't see anything in the National Forest except for Mountain bikers . :bash:even drove from Mazama to Buck lake just after dark and didn't even see a deer.
« Last Edit: October 17, 2017, 06:15:29 AM by meat hntr78 »

Offline trophyhunt

• Forum Sponsor
  • Trade Count: (+11)
  • Explorer
  • Groups: Wa Wild Sheep Life Member
« Reply #18 on: October 17, 2017, 06:13:18 AM »
Your guys must be talking about the nile, bethal , and bumping area?? The deer population sucks there as well.
“In common with”..... not so much!!

Offline Cervid

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Pilgrim
« Reply #19 on: October 17, 2017, 10:00:28 AM »
Your guys must be talking about the nile, bethal , and bumping area?? The deer population sucks there as well.

I think most muley numbers are down. I started a thread asking about where the healthy herds are and I didn't get an answer, just people saying how bad it is. Maybe people don't want to tell though.

Offline bullcanyon

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (+1)
  • Sourdough
« Reply #20 on: October 17, 2017, 08:57:37 PM »
We hammered it this weekend and seen 12 does and most of those were down low in the timber closer to Conc.. Good luck. Hope you do better than the 50+ guys we seen..

Offline NOCK NOCK

• Timberdog Slabs
  • Business Sponsor
  • Old Salt
  • Timberdog Slab Designs
    • https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100063502962432
    • Timberdogslabs.com
« Reply #21 on: October 17, 2017, 09:06:23 PM »

I think most muley numbers are down. I started a thread asking about where the healthy herds are and I didn't get an answer, just people saying how bad it is. Maybe people don't want to tell though.

This is because the muley herds are not doing that good anywhere in WA ST.  :twocents:
Live edge Slab woods, Log Furniture, Beds, Dressers, Tables, Chairs, Custom signs, Décor, Cedar fencing w/artwork cutting. Supplies
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100063502962432

Offline r5neum

• Pilgrim
« Reply #22 on: October 17, 2017, 09:16:56 PM »
Hunted Sun, Mon sun up to sun down, 10+ miles, and didn't see a legal shooter. Only saw about 8 does,fawns and a fork.

Offline Fungunnin

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Hunter
« Reply #23 on: October 17, 2017, 09:33:55 PM »
WDFW reported 7 bucks checked at red barn over the weekend.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

Offline Magnum_Willys

• Political & Covid-19 Topics
  • Old Salt
« Reply #24 on: October 17, 2017, 09:35:00 PM »
Wolves + Winter = SlooooooooW

Offline timberfaller

• Frontiersman
« Reply #25 on: October 17, 2017, 10:07:59 PM »
I remember reading various "news" paper articles after the big slaughter of 2015, where the WFWD claimed their "three point and better" program was working! :chuckle: :chuckle: :chuckle: :chuckle: :chuckle: :chuckle:  Especially in the Methow Valley and it was going to "continue on" the next season :o

As I posted elsewhere here on HW,   "common sense" is not part of the WFWD.
The only good tree, is a stump!

Offline Cervid

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Pilgrim
« Reply #26 on: October 17, 2017, 10:56:11 PM »
I remember reading various "news" paper articles after the big slaughter of 2015, where the WFWD claimed their "three point and better" program was working! :chuckle: :chuckle: :chuckle: :chuckle: :chuckle: :chuckle:  Especially in the Methow Valley and it was going to "continue on" the next season :o

As I posted elsewhere here on HW,   "common sense" is not part of the WFWD.

Yeah no kidding. Common sense would tell them not to hand out over 1000 doe tags in one season.

Offline bigmacc

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Frontiersman
« Reply #27 on: October 24, 2017, 08:52:14 PM »
Just got back, spent 10 days in the Methow, hunted 224 for a couple days with my granddaughters among hitting other haunts from the valley floor to 6500 feet. The absolute worst I've seen as deer numbers go (few and far between) and the absolute worst I,ve seen as hunter numbers and hunter ethics(people everywhere and a lot being disrespectful to others). We went into old haunts to get away from orange but once again, deer numbers in the Methow are the worst I have ever seen. Still, the experience of hunting with my Granddaughters and showing them some old spots and sharing family history made the trip a success. As I said, worst deer numbers I have ever seen, some of us have been singing the song of the Methow decline for awhile now, I think a lot of folks now agree. In a nutshell, very few deer(as far as what we see even on a slow year!) We seen 3 cougars, shot at one at about 500 yards as it was bounding through a rock slide, a friend saw another and we ran into a fella that killed one with a radio collar around its neck and oh ya, the one we shot at had a collar on it also! We talked to some rancher buddies we know who said "don't be to riled up over bears and yotes, these cats are everywhere, they are wiping out deer".  We ran into 3 different bears that we busted and could not get clean shots at. We seen 11 yotes and killed 6, we found over 30 winter kills in 3 different areas and found 7 cougar kills that were cached away. Its bad, bad,bad folks. Deer numbers are down, predator numbers are up and my prediction of 5 to 10 years for this herd to have a chance to possibly resemble a recovery may be way,way off. Fish and Wldlife(I refuse to call them the the Game Dept) seem to be putting a lot of effort into collaring cats, wolves and bears and putting a special effort into their well being while the Methow mule deer herd crumbles.
« Last Edit: October 24, 2017, 09:03:20 PM by bigmacc »

Offline wolfbait

• Site Sponsor
  • Old Salt
« Reply #28 on: October 25, 2017, 12:48:09 AM »
Your write up pretty much tells what has happened to the deer in the Methow, it has been sad watching this happen the last 10+ years, each year we could see a change with last five years being the most pronounced.

I wonder if Fitkin will do his usual write up in the local paper-"for the amount of hunters that showed up, hunting was a great success".

Offline Southpole

• Frontiersman
  • Groups: NRA
« Reply #29 on: October 25, 2017, 08:16:01 AM »
Just got back, spent 10 days in the Methow, hunted 224 for a couple days with my granddaughters among hitting other haunts from the valley floor to 6500 feet. The absolute worst I've seen as deer numbers go (few and far between) and the absolute worst I,ve seen as hunter numbers and hunter ethics(people everywhere and a lot being disrespectful to others). We went into old haunts to get away from orange but once again, deer numbers in the Methow are the worst I have ever seen. Still, the experience of hunting with my Granddaughters and showing them some old spots and sharing family history made the trip a success. As I said, worst deer numbers I have ever seen, some of us have been singing the song of the Methow decline for awhile now, I think a lot of folks now agree. In a nutshell, very few deer(as far as what we see even on a slow year!) We seen 3 cougars, shot at one at about 500 yards as it was bounding through a rock slide, a friend saw another and we ran into a fella that killed one with a radio collar around its neck and oh ya, the one we shot at had a collar on it also! We talked to some rancher buddies we know who said "don't be to riled up over bears and yotes, these cats are everywhere, they are wiping out deer".  We ran into 3 different bears that we busted and could not get clean shots at. We seen 11 yotes and killed 6, we found over 30 winter kills in 3 different areas and found 7 cougar kills that were cached away. Its bad, bad,bad folks. Deer numbers are down, predator numbers are up and my prediction of 5 to 10 years for this herd to have a chance to possibly resemble a recovery may be way,way off. Fish and Wldlife(I refuse to call them the the Game Dept) seem to be putting a lot of effort into collaring cats, wolves and bears and putting a special effort into their well being while the Methow mule deer herd crumbles.
I have felt there is an agenda behind it all... that's all I'm going to say about that.
$5 is a lot of money if you ain't got it

* Advertisement

* Recent Topics

1x scopes vs open sights by nwhunter
[Today at 03:54:47 AM]

10th Annual - 2024 YOUTH TURKEY HUNT CONTEST (enter by Mar 14) by bearpaw
[Yesterday at 11:27:12 PM]

World Record Archery Blacktail by huntnnw
[Yesterday at 10:09:06 PM]

Let’s see your best Washington bull by huntnnw
[Yesterday at 10:06:34 PM]

Fishing with kids in Wenatchee by HardCorpsHuntr