collapse

Advertisement

Author Topic: The Deer Burger Hill challenge. The Family Honey Hole in 510 StormKing  (Read 1404 times)

Offline slowhand

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Longhunter
  • Seahawk fan for life
It's a historic climb that I have done 7 times in My hunting career. It's our "No more messing around, We are going to Deer burger tomorrow hill ". Takes on average 1 1/2 to 2 hrs of strait up hill the entire time. I have seen countless bucks at the end of this crucible. One year We hunted for 30min and had both tags filled another time all we saw the entire day was Bucks. Spike here couple two points over there then the parade of 3points followed by a hog non-typical. Back when I used to not have a drivers license and only hunted with a bow We used to drive this monster of a hill with an open gate at the bottom. I miss those days  :bash:
I will say without question I have seen more bucks in this area than anywhere else I have ever hunted put together. Now I took a few Years off after an unsuccesfull goose prarie bull tag epic failure. (still can't bring Myself to talk about it)
I am now back on the Deer and Elk because I need to get My three boys hooked before they are to old and not interested in hunting.
Climbed Deer burger on the 15th and did not see a single Deer? That for Our family is ultra rare. It has happened before but maybe once? Makes Me worry that our honey hole might be gone?  Going to make My 8th assent tomorrow, I hope old Deer burger comes threw again. I really need to get My oldest a Deer before He heads back to the Marine Corp.
I told him not to worry that I will point out any Deer I see as long as it's not a hog. If it's big, well then hopefully there is a spike with it for You. LOL
Then We both laughed and I said "I'm not joking" LOL  :mgun2:
Seahawks
Hunting
Fishing
In That order

Offline fishnfur

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (+1)
  • Frontiersman
Re: The Deer Burger Hill challenge. The Family Honey Hole in 510 StormKing
« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2017, 09:32:03 PM »
Good luck.  Notch some tags!
“When I die, I want to die like my grandfather who died peacefully in his sleep. Not screaming like all the passengers in his car.”  - Will Rogers

Offline PastorJoel

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (+4)
  • Longhunter
« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2017, 10:42:19 PM »
If you give us exact GPS coordinates we can help you know what's going on on that hill.   :chuckle:

Good luck!  I like the name of that spot.  I am thinking about naming a hill from this year's hunt.

Offline slowhand

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Longhunter
  • Seahawk fan for life
« Reply #3 on: October 26, 2017, 11:52:40 AM »
We saw 10 deer and really put the boots to work yesterday.
The fog rolled in and slowly you couldn’t see 30 yards.
Talked to the game warden for a while. Really nice guy, said it’s been a down year but that I’m in a really good spot. Also said there was a couple big bucks harvested out of 513 randle. Lastly He says “ I have to tell you, it’s really refreshing to see people that are willing to hike this far in to hunt unpressured animals”
“You Dad is doing it right son” he says to My boy.
“You guys want Me to give you a ride down the hill” awesome gesture on his part
I told him no that wil planned to slow walk hunt are way down and that even with all the fog anything was still possible.
He said “Good for You and I wish you good luck” great guy.
Grabbed some dinner at “spiffy’s” and talked fishing with a couple local boys.
They had a 12+lb Coho laying in the back of their truck.
Sounds like the Tilton River is on fire for salmon.
It was a great last day just Me and My oldest before he heads back to the Marines.
Looks like I’m done till the late hunt starts.

Seahawks
Hunting
Fishing
In That order

* Advertisement

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal