collapse

Advertisement

Author Topic: 2017 hancock kapowsin luck?  (Read 11851 times)

Offline trophyhunt

• Forum Sponsor
  • Trade Count: (+11)
  • Explorer
  • Groups: Wa Wild Sheep Life Member
Re: 2017 hancock kapowsin luck?
« Reply #30 on: November 18, 2017, 07:09:10 PM »
I thought I was a decent hunter, then I tried hunting blacktail in Hancock .  Thursday I saw 2 does, no bucks in the rear.  Today we saw zero deer, covered a crap load of beautiful country, sun up to sun down, nothing, zilch!!  Deer hunting in there absolutely sucks, for me anyways.  More predator control!!!
“In common with”..... not so much!!

Offline Thehowler

• Political & Covid-19 Topics
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Longhunter
« Reply #31 on: November 18, 2017, 07:39:00 PM »
Crunchy and Trophyhunts story’s sound very similiar to mine in there. Today I saw no deer.
MAGA, Never give up.

Offline BigBullDreamer11

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Hunter
« Reply #32 on: November 18, 2017, 07:53:16 PM »
My girlfriend killed a 3x3 Friday I shot a 2 point today and my uncle killed a old mature two point buck this evening he had a huge body!

Offline scottfrick

• Business Sponsor
  • Trade Count: (+2)
  • Sourdough
    • https://m.facebook.com/groups/532650454864045/?ref=share&mibextid=S66gvF
« Reply #33 on: November 18, 2017, 08:57:15 PM »
My girlfriend killed a 3x3 Friday I shot a 2 point today and my uncle killed a old mature two point buck this evening he had a huge body!
where are the pictures?

Offline Blacktail Sniper

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • Old Salt
  • Kill'em all...let the gravy sort'em out!!!
  • Groups: blacktail sniper
« Reply #34 on: November 18, 2017, 09:06:49 PM »
where are the pictures?

:yeah:

It just isn't fair...make a post like that then go away...how could you do that to all of us, you know...your thousands of closest friends here on HuntWa that you have never met!!!

So, be a buddy, be a pal....so let's see a picture of that girlfriend...eeerrr, uhmmm....I mean those critters!!!

:llam:

It is better to be consistently incorrect than inconsistently correct...

Sarcasm: The ability to insult stupid people without them realizing it. 

My level of sarcasm depends on your level of stupidity...

Sarcasm makes smart people laugh and stupid people mad.

Offline BigBullDreamer11

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Hunter
« Reply #35 on: November 20, 2017, 06:34:03 AM »
Here they are!!

Offline Blacktail Sniper

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • Old Salt
  • Kill'em all...let the gravy sort'em out!!!
  • Groups: blacktail sniper
« Reply #36 on: November 20, 2017, 07:26:34 AM »
 :tup:
It is better to be consistently incorrect than inconsistently correct...

Sarcasm: The ability to insult stupid people without them realizing it. 

My level of sarcasm depends on your level of stupidity...

Sarcasm makes smart people laugh and stupid people mad.

Offline Old Man Yager

• Sourdough
  • Groups: NRA, PRHAA
« Reply #37 on: November 20, 2017, 02:49:48 PM »
Nice pics, you guys whacked em and stacked em !! They are there, just gotta be right place at the right time.
My Dad always said, " Get a bigger hammer "

Offline Thehowler

• Longhunter
« Reply #38 on: November 20, 2017, 09:24:02 PM »
Good work guys!
MAGA, Never give up.

Offline elkdrivemenuts

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Tracker
« Reply #39 on: November 21, 2017, 03:01:04 AM »
N

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Offline jackmaster

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (+1)
  • Old Salt
« Reply #40 on: November 21, 2017, 07:11:13 AM »
I hunted in there from day light to dark in a couple walk in units , only bumped into one other guy, I was up there with my son and cousin on Thursday and then my daughter and my cousin on Friday , my daughter had had a chance to shoot a small 3pt but just couldn't get steady enough quick enough, oh well..that's huntn, we passed up a 3pt with eye guards and a two point!! If WDFW does not do something about the predators the deer population in there will continue to decline, I have hunted in there since this permit pass started, you use to see deer all over, well in the last 5 years the number of deer has dramatically decreased and it will get worse, sure with as many people in there a few are gonna see pockets of a few deer and kill a few, but there are 1500 or 1200 permits , that's a lot of eyes in the woods !! But I now see more bobcat and cougar sign than I do deer sign in certain places !! I try my hardest to control the predators in the areas I deer hunt but as I kill them more just move right in!! If you old timers remember , back in the 80s and 90s seeing a pile of bobcat or cougar crap was a rarity , now what do you see?? If it wasn't for the ease of Hancock being literally 10 minutes from my front door I would NOT buy a pass !! But I am starting to enjoy predator huntn as much as blacktail huntn, and another thing, if you don't really truly enjoy blacktail huntn you would be better off looking for mule deer and whitetail !! And to the guy that asked about driving your car up there, it's a bad idea unless you got a trunk load of spares to put on!!
my grandpa always said "if it aint broke dont fix it"

Offline Tikka Bird Dog

• birddog
  • Business Sponsor
  • Hunter
  • Groups: NRA, RMEF, Seattle Childrens Cancer Research, Wounded Warrior Project
« Reply #41 on: November 21, 2017, 10:09:12 AM »
I hunted in there from day light to dark in a couple walk in units , only bumped into one other guy, I was up there with my son and cousin on Thursday and then my daughter and my cousin on Friday , my daughter had had a chance to shoot a small 3pt but just couldn't get steady enough quick enough, oh well..that's huntn, we passed up a 3pt with eye guards and a two point!! If WDFW does not do something about the predators the deer population in there will continue to decline, I have hunted in there since this permit pass started, you use to see deer all over, well in the last 5 years the number of deer has dramatically decreased and it will get worse, sure with as many people in there a few are gonna see pockets of a few deer and kill a few, but there are 1500 or 1200 permits , that's a lot of eyes in the woods !! But I now see more bobcat and cougar sign than I do deer sign in certain places !! I try my hardest to control the predators in the areas I deer hunt but as I kill them more just move right in!! If you old timers remember , back in the 80s and 90s seeing a pile of bobcat or cougar crap was a rarity , now what do you see?? If it wasn't for the ease of Hancock being literally 10 minutes from my front door I would NOT buy a pass !! But I am starting to enjoy predator huntn as much as blacktail huntn, and another thing, if you don't really truly enjoy blacktail huntn you would be better off looking for mule deer and whitetail !! And to the guy that asked about driving your car up there, it's a bad idea unless you got a trunk load of spares to put on!!
Atleast you can still hunt preditors in there. You can still hunt preditors in the White River unit, Technically, but they shut our access down from jan 1 to march 31 because its, and i quote, a critical time for the cows that are carrying calves in their winter range and don't want motorized access pushing them around. Those three months are the best time to kill preditors if a person wants to focuss on it, in my opinion. They cut our access by 25% and they already made half the farm no hunting or gathering of any kind (for the non tribal) Deer Numbers are terrible in there and with the new restrictions, i will not be buying a permit next yr for the first time since they started selling them. Pretty sad

Offline Go Blue

• Tracker
« Reply #42 on: November 23, 2017, 11:33:35 AM »
I was in and out through out bear season and deer season and only seen 2 does. Will try my luck in hunting some predictors after Thanksgiving. Hopefully take some of them out.

Offline trophyhunt

• Forum Sponsor
  • Trade Count: (+11)
  • Explorer
  • Groups: Wa Wild Sheep Life Member
« Reply #43 on: November 23, 2017, 11:45:39 AM »
I have an idea, how about a predator killing contest for the Hancock pass holders? Coyotes are 1 point, bobcats 2 points and cougars 3 points. Not sure how to keep people honest about where they made their kills, and I certainly don’t have the organization skills to run it or keep track.  20.00 a piece and run it till the end of March, maybe give 75% of the money to you favorite charity and winner keep the rest?  I’d love to see Hancock or the state start a bounty program on predators!!
“In common with”..... not so much!!

Offline jackmaster

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Old Salt
« Reply #44 on: November 23, 2017, 12:44:17 PM »
I have an idea, how about a predator killing contest for the Hancock pass holders? Coyotes are 1 point, bobcats 2 points and cougars 3 points. Not sure how to keep people honest about where they made their kills, and I certainly don’t have the organization skills to run it or keep track.  20.00 a piece and run it till the end of March, maybe give 75% of the money to you favorite charity and winner keep the rest?  I’d love to see Hancock or the state start a bounty program on predators!!
hell yeah trophy, I would be up for that!!
my grandpa always said "if it aint broke dont fix it"

* Advertisement

* Recent Topics

Let’s see your best Washington buck by high_hunter
[Yesterday at 10:31:08 PM]

Bearpaw Season - Spring 2024 by actionshooter
[Yesterday at 09:43:51 PM]

Walked a cougar down by MADMAX
[Yesterday at 08:31:53 PM]

Which 12” boat trailer tires? by timberhunter
[Yesterday at 08:22:18 PM]

Lowest power 22 round? by JakeLand