collapse

Advertisement

Author Topic: It's called respect  (Read 16390 times)

Offline pygmy1985

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Hunter
Re: It's called respect
« Reply #15 on: October 29, 2017, 07:23:07 PM »
Ok I'm not going too get all riled again  but I just want to know why some hunters or so called hunters think its a good idea to drive around another hunters vehicle after he just watched them get out of the vehicle and walk into another area? (Too clarify the area was only 300yrds long that went too a dead end )I'm not sure about everyone else but I was always taught to be respectful and would never think twice about going into an area that I knew someone else was in.
Yes, I can your  frustration with the situation. However, it may not be apparent that the road only went for another 300 yards, especially if it's dark. Also, a dead end road can be used by other hunters to get into an area, not necessarily the patch that you want to hunt.  Now, if they were sat right next to you at a small clearcut, that'd be plain disrespectful and weird.  But public land is public land.

Offline Milkman

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Scout
« Reply #16 on: October 29, 2017, 07:29:19 PM »
Let me start off my by saying this is MY opinion.... and opinions are like ....eceryone has one

Oooook..... If I know the road ends...BLOCK THE MFN ROAD. I mean.... Not to be a D. But either it ends 300 yards up or where u parked. Either way dude is gonna have to turn around right?!
I've had a guy park at a Y (to the left side) I went right (road needed over a mile up on the R) he was on the right with a ground blind....in the road. I left me crystal ball at home. 
Is what it is guys.
Maybe leave a note on your rig?  I know it sucks at times... it is public land. Don't be a *censored*
« Last Edit: October 29, 2017, 07:33:34 PM by h20hunter »

Offline hunter399

• Political & Covid-19 Topics
  • Old Salt
  • If you know me,then you know I give zero #&$@$
  • Groups: NRA RMEF
« Reply #17 on: October 29, 2017, 07:38:00 PM »
I do have one question ,is the turn around at the end of the road,alot of roads dead end , then there's a spot at the end where everybody turn around.
I rather piss in the wind,then have piss down my back.

Offline Milkman

• Scout
« Reply #18 on: October 29, 2017, 07:41:09 PM »
I do have one question ,is the turn around at the end of the road,alot of roads dead end , then there's a spot at the end where everybody turn around.

Where I go.... they End. No, zero circle or cul de sac if you will. I drive a jeep and need to do a 8 point turn around haha

Offline SCRUBS

• Political & Covid-19 Topics
  • Longhunter
« Reply #19 on: October 29, 2017, 08:02:00 PM »
Is hunting season over yet, this old argument is just as old and tired in 2017 as it was in 2009.

Either go to places without roads or get over yourself and realize roads are for driving.  This is truly your problem not an ethical dilemma. It was also my problem when it used to annoy me.  I simply changed how I hunt and how I respond to others.

:yeah: :yeah:

Offline ruttnbuck

• blacktail finatic
  • Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • Scout
« Reply #20 on: October 29, 2017, 08:31:31 PM »
 My son was at the end of the road and i was just down about 100yrds glassing the same cut, then this guy came roaring in and parked in between my boy and I, mine you we where both visible from main road so he knew exactly what he was doing... he was just pissedw pulled in to that area before he did.    I agree with the whole PUBLIC RD issue ok and I have nothing against road hunters, I road hunt myself after a morning of hiking in somewhere, I get it.  My ole man taught me when you see someone parked in an area let them have it and go find somewhere else.. maybe you'll just have to get up A little earlier next time.  It's not rocket science is actually easy,  again its common sense, respect for a fellow hunter . Go and find another area get over yourself and enjoy the outdoors with friends and family .

Offline runamuk

• Explorer
« Reply #21 on: October 29, 2017, 09:40:20 PM »
Let me start off my by saying this is MY opinion.... and opinions are like ....eceryone has one

Oooook..... If I know the road ends...BLOCK THE MFN ROAD. I mean.... Not to be a D. But either it ends 300 yards up or where u parked. Either way dude is gonna have to turn around right?!
I've had a guy park at a Y (to the left side) I went right (road needed over a mile up on the R) he was on the right with a ground blind....in the road. I left me crystal ball at home. 
Is what it is guys.
Maybe leave a note on your rig?  I know it sucks at times... it is public land. Don't be a *censored*

If you block a road you deserve to get towed or have your truck screwed with.  Just saying if you are that D bag you get what's coming  (in a perfect world anyway). 

Why can't people just frigging share.
It's stiff like this that makes me hesitant to hunt because gawd knows who I am pissing off just trying to find somewhere to hunt. 

I used to be able to go away from people now life makes it really hard for me to even get to a place to hunt.  I just try to do my thing and stay out of everyone's way.

There are more rude people out there than you can count, just find a way to do you and let them do them.

Offline jnordwell

• Hunter
« Reply #22 on: October 29, 2017, 09:48:13 PM »
Hell a few years ago was bow hunting elk over by mt Adams parked at a trail head was waiting for it to get lighter. Had a rig park and 3guys damn near bent my mirrors back walking in. It was a good 30 mins before any light to shoot from.. made a lot of sense I thought.. now I tell my kids people are *censored*...that’s the only reason I can come with.. when I was kid if there was a rig where you wanted to go you found a different spot and got there earlier the next day.. not now have seen 12 rigs a gate this year.. craziness
« Last Edit: October 30, 2017, 07:58:02 AM by KFhunter »

Offline colersu22

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Hunter
« Reply #23 on: October 29, 2017, 09:48:38 PM »
When something like the OP mentioned on a road you can legally drive on I just brush it off.  What pisses me off is when you hike 2-3 miles into a DNR walk in access area to have people drive by you and when you question them they act like you speak a foreign language.

Offline elkinrutdrivemenuts

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Sourdough
« Reply #24 on: October 29, 2017, 09:49:32 PM »
Roads are for driving, not walking and hunting from.  Wipe it.

Offline Sitka_Blacktail

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Frontiersman
« Reply #25 on: October 30, 2017, 01:04:59 AM »
When timber companies have walk in permits for areas like the one I hunt, there are only so many places to park and walk in. They paid their fee and have a right to walk in to hunt just like everyone else. In spite of who might be parked in the same area. One possibility. Maybe not the case in the OP's post.
A man who fears suffering is already suffering from what he fears. ~ Michel de Montaigne

Offline Milkman

• Scout
« Reply #26 on: October 30, 2017, 03:09:59 AM »
Screwing with someone's rig isn't gonna help anything but get yourself F'd up.  I said nothing about blocking through road, a dead end road.

Offline Elkcollector82

• Work to live, not live to work.
  • Non-Hunting Topics
  • Longhunter
  • Hunt hard by laying boot tracks, Not tire tracks
« Reply #27 on: October 30, 2017, 04:38:22 AM »
This right here is why I go into the backcountry. You guys can have your roads, timber land fee’s and everyone driving around all P’ssd off at each other. Then for the guys saying “oh I can’t beleive their people out their teaching their kids that way” we’ll just cause you drive all day and park on the side of the road makes your way of teaching the next generation better!  Road hunting by foot or car. Still road hunting.

Offline ruttnbuck

• blacktail finatic
  • Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • Scout
« Reply #28 on: October 30, 2017, 06:09:57 AM »
It doesn't make sense to me why you wouldn't park your rig anyways when you know damn well there's a primo spot just at the end of the road... get your ass out of the rig and walk unless your handicapped of course .

Online JakeLand

• WA State Trappers Association
  • Trade Count: (+27)
  • Frontiersman
« Reply #29 on: October 30, 2017, 06:27:17 AM »
Respect = I treat everyone even people hiking with their dogs during hunting season the same as I would my best friends ! A little bit of talking goes a long way

* Advertisement

* Recent Topics

Let’s see your best Washington buck by high_hunter
[Yesterday at 10:31:08 PM]

Bearpaw Season - Spring 2024 by actionshooter
[Yesterday at 09:43:51 PM]

Walked a cougar down by MADMAX
[Yesterday at 08:31:53 PM]

Which 12” boat trailer tires? by timberhunter
[Yesterday at 08:22:18 PM]

Lowest power 22 round? by JakeLand
[Yesterday at 08:06:13 PM]