collapse

Advertisement

Author Topic: Slick Trick Wicked Viper Trick Magnum  (Read 1776 times)

Offline tecwoody

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Tracker
Slick Trick Wicked Viper Trick Magnum
« on: July 16, 2018, 10:50:33 PM »
I've been thinking about trying the slick trick viper tricks and saw these with larger bleeder blades and I'm going to get a pack to try. What are people's thought on the viper tricks in general?

Offline Switchback

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Tracker
Re: Slick Trick Wicked Viper Trick Magnum
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2018, 10:59:40 AM »
Kinda late to reply here, but I tried them out a while ago. Ended up going with the Slick Trick Standards, I just think the Standards punch through bone a little better. Either the Viper Tricks or the Standards would be a great choice – just depends on if you prefer CoC or whatever the design of the Standard is called. I have gone through two deer (at different times) with the Standards, where I punched through shoulder blades and still had pass-throughs. One at 25 yds. and one at 55 yds., both with a 430gr arrow going 265fps, so not a powerhouse setup by any means.

One thing to mention about why I chose Slick Trick – I like the four-blade design instead of the popular three-blade design of Montec and others. Saw a video about it a while ago – with four blades, you are only splitting bone in two total directions, whereas with a three-blade broadhead, you're splitting bone in three directions. Maybe the extra energy to split bone three ways vs. two is irrelevant, I've had some pass-throughs with Montecs going through shoulder blades, but I have had nothing but pass-throughs with Slick Tricks so I keep using em.

Offline Crunchy

• Political & Covid-19 Topics
  • Trade Count: (+2)
  • Frontiersman
Re: Slick Trick Wicked Viper Trick Magnum
« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2018, 11:03:00 AM »
I am a slick trick standard guy as well.  Used a number of different broadheads over the years and have settled on these are the best that I have shot. 

* Advertisement

* Recent Topics

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal