collapse

Advertisement

Author Topic: Walter PPQ first hand gun  (Read 2299 times)

Offline Cab

• Political & Covid-19 Topics
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Longhunter
Walter PPQ first hand gun
« on: November 03, 2017, 08:46:20 AM »
So I have done hours and hours of research on this gun plus the direct competitors but I wanted to see if anyone has any first hand experience with it. I'm looking for something that will be a fun gun to shoot targets with, carry as a sidearm when hiking/bowhunting (ran into an old meth lab scouting this year) and possibly using it for some CCW. Looking at the 4" barrel version. I looked at the PPS as well but the PPQ seems to be a better shooting gun. any feedback would be great!

Offline b23

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (+7)
  • Frontiersman
Re: Walter PPQ first hand gun
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2017, 09:28:49 AM »
I used to have a PPS and it was a nice little CCW gun.  My only complaint was the trigger but they've fixed that to a large degree with the new M2 version.  I sold mine and replaced it with the M&P Shield PC.

For a CCW, I'd take the PPS over the PPQ but if you want something that you are going to shoot a lot and you can live with the size difference between the two as your CCW, the PPQ is going to be more enjoyable to shoot.

Unless you are just set on only getting the PPQ, there are others in that same class that i'd take a look at, too.

Offline Cab

• Longhunter
« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2017, 09:45:40 AM »
I used to have a PPS and it was a nice little CCW gun.  My only complaint was the trigger but they've fixed that to a large degree with the new M2 version.  I sold mine and replaced it with the M&P Shield PC.

For a CCW, I'd take the PPS over the PPQ but if you want something that you are going to shoot a lot and you can live with the size difference between the two as your CCW, the PPQ is going to be more enjoyable to shoot.

Unless you are just set on only getting the PPQ, there are others in that same class that i'd take a look at, too.

Awesome feed back thank you.

Offline Weaklink

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Tracker
« Reply #3 on: November 03, 2017, 10:05:46 AM »
I carry a PPS 40 IWB @ 5 o'clock.  I am glad I did not buy anything larger.   The PPS does not bother me while sitting in my car, etc. and is not hard to conceal.

Offline Windwalker

• Sourdough
« Reply #4 on: November 10, 2017, 10:56:30 PM »
Have an assortment of each.
MY Personal preference for CCW is the PPS 40. Depends on the situation which ends up on my side.
Just surfing logging roads a bag of guns usually ends up in the gun vault.

Head down to a gun range, rent and shoot a bunch. See what catches your eye & go for it.
I like em all and make excuses to get more. Holster selection is a much harder choice.

Far as the PPQ goes. A while back I took a selection of handguns to the range & met up with a half dozen friends to shoot.

Everyone shot each- Glocks, PPS's, PPQ's, XD's, 1911's, M&P's (including a shield).

When the dust cleared- everyone who shot the PPQ's made ragged holes at 15 yards. No contest which they shot best.
 (The XD's faired the worst BTW. 9mm & 45 targets looked like bird shot patterns.)
No failures - all functioned well.     

I've done it on other occasions where the PPS M2, PPQ M2, VP9 & Shield were favorites. One persons hands-down-favorite was the PPS, another shot the PPQ & VP9 into ragged holes - but his favorite was the Shield.

You will end up with more, as long as it functions properly it is your decision which to get ..first...
« Last Edit: November 11, 2017, 02:31:44 PM by Windwalker »
"Those who expect to reap the blessings of freedom must, like men, undergo the fatigue of supporting it." -- Tom Paine
The hour is fast approaching, on which the Honor, Success and safety of our bleeding Country depends

Offline Cab

• Longhunter
« Reply #5 on: November 13, 2017, 09:02:51 AM »
Have an assortment of each.
MY Personal preference for CCW is the PPS 40. Depends on the situation which ends up on my side.
Just surfing logging roads a bag of guns usually ends up in the gun vault.

Head down to a gun range, rent and shoot a bunch. See what catches your eye & go for it.
I like em all and make excuses to get more. Holster selection is a much harder choice.

Far as the PPQ goes. A while back I took a selection of handguns to the range & met up with a half dozen friends to shoot.

Everyone shot each- Glocks, PPS's, PPQ's, XD's, 1911's, M&P's (including a shield).

When the dust cleared- everyone who shot the PPQ's made ragged holes at 15 yards. No contest which they shot best.
 (The XD's faired the worst BTW. 9mm & 45 targets looked like bird shot patterns.)
No failures - all functioned well.     

I've done it on other occasions where the PPS M2, PPQ M2, VP9 & Shield were favorites. One persons hands-down-favorite was the PPS, another shot the PPQ & VP9 into ragged holes - but his favorite was the Shield.

You will end up with more, as long as it functions properly it is your decision which to get ..first...

Fantastic insight! Honestly the PPS looks like just an awesome CCW with its size. If I could I would buy both a PPQ and PPS. Thanks for the feedback and I certainly want to shoot them for sure.

Offline Billy74

• Scout
« Reply #6 on: November 13, 2017, 10:16:04 AM »
I have a PPQ 9 and love it.  It's a bit to big for me to CC but the only real down side is finding a good holster/mags.  You'll most likely have to get lucky or go online. 

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline ebusa

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Hunter
« Reply #7 on: November 13, 2017, 07:21:50 PM »
I have the 4" PPQ M2  in 9mm and its awesome. I want one in.45 now! Lol
-Evan
USMC 1994-1998 E5/SGT
Semper Fi!

Offline Pegasus

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Sourdough
« Reply #8 on: November 13, 2017, 08:58:27 PM »
I have the PPQ 9mm with the longer barrel, 5". Sweetest handgun I have ever shot. Love the trigger and just the feel. Getting the 5 inch barrel rules out CCW. The only thing I wish it had was a manual safety.

Offline Windwalker

• Sourdough
« Reply #9 on: November 13, 2017, 10:23:00 PM »
This is the PPS M2 in Stealthgear. A bit gaudy but very comfortable.
(Only picture I had included the sig)

Good no nonsense holsters for OWB are Raven or Gunfightersinc but it depends on the situation. I have Bladetech, comtac, crossbreed and a bunch of others I am less than enamored with.

A lot of people like crossbreed holsters..they are why I jumped ship and went with stealth gear.
However- I would recommend against Hybrid Holsters. And Sherpa..and fobus..

Stick with a hard shell for anything other than a 1911. Leather feels great but catch a trigger on it without the external safety and things can go south fast. 

I don't have a refactortactical but they are next on my list and may be a good choice also.

https://stealthgearusa.com/
http://rcsgear.com/
https://www.refactortactical.com/ 
Or http://www.blackpointtactical.com/shop/leather-wing/
http://keepersconcealment.com/#
« Last Edit: November 15, 2017, 10:03:13 PM by Windwalker »
"Those who expect to reap the blessings of freedom must, like men, undergo the fatigue of supporting it." -- Tom Paine
The hour is fast approaching, on which the Honor, Success and safety of our bleeding Country depends

* Advertisement

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal