collapse

Advertisement

Author Topic: King county gun confiscation DV  (Read 10055 times)

Offline pianoman9701

• Mushroom Man
  • Business Sponsor
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • Legend
  • WWC, NRA Life, WFW, NAGR, RMEF, WSB, NMLS #2014743
    • www.facebook.com/johnwallacemortgage
    • Apply for a loan
Re: King county gun confiscation DV
« Reply #15 on: November 16, 2017, 06:42:00 AM »
I'm not suggesting anything other than we have things backwards when it comes to citizens' rights and guns. It's ridiculous that there can't be a hearing in front of a judge before someone's Constitutional rights are trodden on. The system as it is was set up completely wrong for DV claims and forfeiture of constitutional rights under the 2A.

The other thing we have wrong in a great many states is the waiting period for gun purchases by people in fear for their own or their children's live with regards to DV and estranged partners. People whose lives are in danger can't get a firearm within a reasonable period of time for protection against someone who's threatened them. Several people, mostly women, have died waiting for the government's "permission" to exercise their constitutional right to bear arms. It's ridiculous.
"Restricting the rights of law-abiding citizens based on the actions of criminals and madmen will have no positive effect on the future acts of criminals and madmen. It will only serve to reduce individual rights and the very security of our republic." - Pianoman

Offline Fl0und3rz

• Forum Sponsor
  • Trade Count: (+7)
  • Legend
« Reply #16 on: November 16, 2017, 06:49:29 AM »
Tehama shooter was out on bail for assault against a neighbor, who had a protection order against him.

Offline pianoman9701

• Mushroom Man
  • Business Sponsor
  • Legend
    • Apply for a loan
« Reply #17 on: November 16, 2017, 06:59:11 AM »
Absolutely relevant as to what would happen in anti-gun utopia King County.Because of the strict gun laws in King County his information would have been sent to NCIS.If Texas requires a background check like Washington does he wouldn't be able to purchase a gun legally.What is irrelevant is if he would get a gun illegally,run people over or blow them up.My ownership of guns is irrelevant to the topic as well.There is a way to allow DV offenders to keep their guns while awaiting due process.Arrest them,charge them,get them in front of a judge with 72 hours,deny bail,make sure the don't waive their right to a speedy trial and they will have due process within 60 days.In other words if they don't want to surrender their guns keep them away from their guns.

That's simply untrue. This isn't about where the crime happened; the state or county. He was tried in a military court. King Co. or any other county in the nation wouldn't have received the information unless the air force sent it to the FBI to have it entered into the NCIC, which they didn't. We have the laws. The government didn't abide by them. And incidentally, it's now coming out that all services have neglected to properly report felonies, dishonorable discharge, and DV cases to the FBI. We have a government which doesn't pay attention to it's own laws. So. by all means, let's write new ones.  :bash:

It's pretty obvious from the rest of your comments how you feel about gun ownership and gun rights. Thanks for playing.
"Restricting the rights of law-abiding citizens based on the actions of criminals and madmen will have no positive effect on the future acts of criminals and madmen. It will only serve to reduce individual rights and the very security of our republic." - Pianoman

Offline Fl0und3rz

• Forum Sponsor
  • Legend
« Reply #18 on: November 16, 2017, 07:07:14 AM »
Let's not forget that the TX shooting happened after the MPHS shooting happened under similar non-reporting conditions.  Obama had an opportunity to review such procedures and ensure there were not repeat non-reporting problems.  What happened?
« Last Edit: November 16, 2017, 07:40:10 AM by Fl0und3rz »

Offline pianoman9701

• Mushroom Man
  • Business Sponsor
  • Legend
    • Apply for a loan
« Reply #19 on: November 16, 2017, 07:13:33 AM »
People who believe in gun control find facts irritating and tend to ignore them.

Offline ctwiggs1

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (+10)
  • Frontiersman
« Reply #20 on: November 16, 2017, 07:13:39 AM »
Honestly tinman I don't think you want to listen to reason here.

Nobody wants mass shootings to happen.  Nobody wants wife beaters to have guns.  Nobody.  And guess what?  There are laws in place to make sure both of these things don't happen.  It's illegal to shoot people.  It's also illegal to own a gun if you're a convicted wife beater.  But when the people who are supposed to enforce those laws fail to, it makes it easier to get a gun and go shoot people.

The problem isn't legislation.  It's execution.  Remember civics?  Legislative, Executive, Judicial?

You're barking up the wrong tree but I don't think you even realize it.

Offline ctwiggs1

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Frontiersman
« Reply #21 on: November 16, 2017, 07:15:01 AM »
People who believe in gun control find facts irritating and tend to ignore them.

LOL I have to be honest, I would be just fine if bump stocks were banned.  And I don't mind that Obama put more money into the FBI to help enforce criminal background checks.  They're not extremely effective, but they have resulted in several arrests. 

I'd like to see more help for people who have wrongfully had their 2A rights taken though.

Offline Fl0und3rz

• Forum Sponsor
  • Legend
« Reply #22 on: November 16, 2017, 07:42:44 AM »

It's not gun control that they believe in, it is people control.  Shoddy, feel good laws and lax law enforcement against actual criminality are just tools to achieve that.

Offline Tinmaniac

• Political & Covid-19 Topics
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Scout
« Reply #23 on: November 16, 2017, 09:14:44 AM »
The topic was King County and its evil laws regarding DV suspects.My point was,if you read correctly,that King County law MAY have helped prevent the shootings in Texas.Military court is not King County court.Marysville shooter was not DV offender nor did he buy his gun.He took it from his father who took it from his father.His father who should not have been able to buy the gun did so before mandatory background check.Blaming Obama is pointless.The war cry when he took office was he was going to take all of our guns.That didn't happen.I am not anti-gun.I just offer a different point of view.Without that different point of view you guys might as well shout at a mirror.

Offline ctwiggs1

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Frontiersman
« Reply #24 on: November 16, 2017, 09:24:45 AM »
The topic was King County and its evil laws regarding DV suspects.My point was,if you read correctly,that King County law MAY have helped prevent the shootings in Texas.Military court is not King County court.Marysville shooter was not DV offender nor did he buy his gun.He took it from his father who took it from his father.His father who should not have been able to buy the gun did so before mandatory background check.Blaming Obama is pointless.The war cry when he took office was he was going to take all of our guns.That didn't happen.I am not anti-gun.I just offer a different point of view.Without that different point of view you guys might as well shout at a mirror.

He lied on the background check and it wasn't caught like it was supposed to be.  The system failed.  Again.  In King County.  Using the same background checks you're talking about.  So there goes that argument. 

So I'm not sure what hypothetical you have come up with... But even if the father legally owned the gun, he could have legally given it to his son (if he was of age) without a check.  Mandatory background checks aren't required between family in King County or Washington state or under federal law. 

A criminal stole a gun and shot people.  He stole the gun from another criminal.  This is kind of like the streets of Chicago.  Look at the gun laws there... and guess what?  The criminals have the gall to just ignore them!  I know, crazy right?  They just straight up ignore those laws and steal guns from other criminals and then they USE THOSE GUNS to shoot people!  Isn't that weird??  You would think they would at least use low-capacity magazines and go through mandatory background checks.  Nope - they just ignore the law altogether as if it doesn't exist.

Offline Tinmaniac

• Scout
« Reply #25 on: November 16, 2017, 09:29:32 AM »
Marysville is in King County.?

Offline ctwiggs1

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Frontiersman
« Reply #26 on: November 16, 2017, 09:36:07 AM »
Oh, oops.

Facts are still the same.

Literally no different outcome.

Curtis

Offline pianoman9701

• Mushroom Man
  • Business Sponsor
  • Legend
    • Apply for a loan
« Reply #27 on: November 16, 2017, 09:37:21 AM »

But the Texas shooter wouldn't have been tried in King Co. He would've been tried at JBLM. Had JBLM neglected to report his dishonorable discharge and DV conviction, he'd have been able to buy a gun here, as well. But it's  moot point. There's little doubt that he knew it was illegal for him to buy a gun - another felony. People who want to kill lots of people don't care about laws.

The Marysville shooter's father was illegally in possession of a firearm, the .40 cal Barretta the kid used to kill classmates and himself. The law didn't stop him from killing. And something else about that WA government you're so in love with: Over 90% of people who illegally attempt to procure firearms in King and Pierce counties have never been arrested or prosecuted for that felony. Over 90%. These are people, like DV offenders and felons, who we know are trying to get a firearm and the government does nothing. And you want common sense gun laws. What a joke. Don't you see that law abiding citizens are not the problem here?

Offline Tinmaniac

• Scout
« Reply #28 on: November 16, 2017, 09:41:06 AM »
Nothing you said has anything to do with the topic.

Offline ctwiggs1

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Frontiersman
« Reply #29 on: November 16, 2017, 09:42:06 AM »
@pianoman9701 - And now we have reached deflection. 

* Advertisement

* Recent Topics

Let’s see your best Washington buck by high_hunter
[Yesterday at 10:31:08 PM]

Bearpaw Season - Spring 2024 by actionshooter
[Yesterday at 09:43:51 PM]

Walked a cougar down by MADMAX
[Yesterday at 08:31:53 PM]

Which 12” boat trailer tires? by timberhunter
[Yesterday at 08:22:18 PM]

Lowest power 22 round? by JakeLand
[Yesterday at 08:06:13 PM]