collapse

Advertisement

Author Topic: King county gun confiscation DV  (Read 10062 times)

Offline Special T

• Truth the new Hate Speech.
  • Business Sponsor
  • Trade Count: (+13)
  • Legend
  • Make it Rain!
    • Silver Arrow Bowmen
    • Silver Arrow Bowmen
Re: King county gun confiscation DV
« Reply #30 on: November 16, 2017, 09:50:59 AM »
"Over 90%. These are people, like DV offenders and felons, who we know are trying to get a firearm and the government does nothing. And you want common sense gun laws. What a joke. Don't you see that law abiding citizens are not the problem here?"

There in lies the crux of the issue... what good are sensible laws if they are not enforced?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

In archery we have something like the way of the superior man. When the archer misses the center of the target, he turns round and seeks for the cause of his failure in himself. 

Confucius

Offline Tinmaniac

• Political & Covid-19 Topics
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Scout
« Reply #31 on: November 16, 2017, 09:58:57 AM »
The topic was King County and its evil laws regarding DV suspects.My point was,if you read correctly,that King County law MAY have helped prevent the shootings in Texas.Military court is not King County court.Marysville shooter was not DV offender nor did he buy his gun.He took it from his father who took it from his father.His father who should not have been able to buy the gun did so before mandatory background check.Blaming Obama is pointless.The war cry when he took office was he was going to take all of our guns.That didn't happen.I am not anti-gun.I just offer a different point of view.Without that different point of view you guys might as well shout at a mirror.

But the Texas shooter wouldn't have been tried in King Co. He would've been tried at JBLM. Had JBLM neglected to report his dishonorable discharge and DV conviction, he'd have been able to buy a gun here, as well. But it's  moot point. There's little doubt that he knew it was illegal for him to buy a gun - another felony. People who want to kill lots of people don't care about laws.

The Marysville shooter's father was illegally in possession of a firearm, the .40 cal Barretta the kid used to kill classmates and himself. The law didn't stop him from killing. And something else about that WA government you're so in love with: Over 90% of people who illegally attempt to procure firearms in King and Pierce counties have never been arrested or prosecuted for that felony. Over 90%. These are people, like DV offenders and felons, who we know are trying to get a firearm and the government does nothing. And you want common sense gun laws. What a joke. Don't you see that law abiding citizens are not the problem here?
The topic is King County and DV suspects surrendering their firearms while investigating guilt or innocence.No more no less.Good idea or bad.I say good idea.No love for anything or anyone,just policy.

Offline Fl0und3rz

• Forum Sponsor
  • Trade Count: (+7)
  • Legend
« Reply #32 on: November 16, 2017, 10:00:03 AM »
"Over 90%. These are people, like DV offenders and felons, who we know are trying to get a firearm and the government does nothing. And you want common sense gun laws. What a joke. Don't you see that law abiding citizens are not the problem here?"

There in lies the crux of the issue... what good are sensible laws if they are not enforced?

The "good" they provide is for self-styled, right-thinking people to call for more gun laws, that won't be enforced, and that won't be obeyed by those with criminal intent.  It works very nicely for gun control proponents.

Offline Fl0und3rz

• Forum Sponsor
  • Legend
« Reply #33 on: November 16, 2017, 10:01:28 AM »

The topic is King County and DV suspects surrendering their firearms while investigating guilt or innocence.No more no less.Good idea or bad.I say good idea.No love for anything or anyone,just policy.

I bet the folks burying their loved ones in Texas wish more had been done to keep guns out of the hands of the DV offender that gunned them down in church.

Now you want to limit the topic of discussion to King County?
« Last Edit: November 16, 2017, 10:09:35 AM by Fl0und3rz »

Offline ctwiggs1

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (+10)
  • Frontiersman
« Reply #34 on: November 16, 2017, 10:02:13 AM »
The topic was King County and its evil laws regarding DV suspects.My point was,if you read correctly,that King County law MAY have helped prevent the shootings in Texas.Military court is not King County court.Marysville shooter was not DV offender nor did he buy his gun.He took it from his father who took it from his father.His father who should not have been able to buy the gun did so before mandatory background check.Blaming Obama is pointless.The war cry when he took office was he was going to take all of our guns.That didn't happen.I am not anti-gun.I just offer a different point of view.Without that different point of view you guys might as well shout at a mirror.

But the Texas shooter wouldn't have been tried in King Co. He would've been tried at JBLM. Had JBLM neglected to report his dishonorable discharge and DV conviction, he'd have been able to buy a gun here, as well. But it's  moot point. There's little doubt that he knew it was illegal for him to buy a gun - another felony. People who want to kill lots of people don't care about laws.

The Marysville shooter's father was illegally in possession of a firearm, the .40 cal Barretta the kid used to kill classmates and himself. The law didn't stop him from killing. And something else about that WA government you're so in love with: Over 90% of people who illegally attempt to procure firearms in King and Pierce counties have never been arrested or prosecuted for that felony. Over 90%. These are people, like DV offenders and felons, who we know are trying to get a firearm and the government does nothing. And you want common sense gun laws. What a joke. Don't you see that law abiding citizens are not the problem here?

Tinman, you brought up Marysville as your case scenario.  So in 2002 he is convicted and gives up his guns.  10 years later, he lied on a background check, passed it, and got more guns.

I'm failing to see how gun laws saved the day here. The gun laws you're calling for.... He got around them!

Offline Tinmaniac

• Scout
« Reply #35 on: November 16, 2017, 10:06:18 AM »
Read all of my posts.I was not the one who brought up Marysville.I brought up Texas and a DV offender and IF he had went to court in King County.

Offline ctwiggs1

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Frontiersman
« Reply #36 on: November 16, 2017, 10:14:50 AM »
And if King County failed to report like the Air Force did, we get the same result.

Offline Fl0und3rz

• Forum Sponsor
  • Legend
« Reply #37 on: November 16, 2017, 10:17:00 AM »
I brought up MPHS, as an example, where more gun laws (or at least regulatory review and proposed rule changes after MPHS) could have made a difference, in Texas, because Texas was brought up. 

The firearm used in MPHS was acquired by the murderers father, because the tribe failed to report, as the AF failed to report in the Texas case.  Obama had the means and opportunity to tighten up NCIC and reporting, and did not. 

The law was passed, similar to KC (for which WA was after the feds, IIRC), to make misdemeanor DV a prohibited possessor category.  So regardless of whether KC, or WA, etc. law applied in Texas, the murderer was a prohibited possessor. 

The failure of NCIC reporting that obama failed to rectify or at least review for regulatory changes could have made the difference in Texas.  Maybe not, as we are well aware of the stunning lack of enforcement for even more heinous felony violations of attempting to obtain a firearm by prohibited possessors.

Offline Pegasus

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Sourdough
« Reply #38 on: November 16, 2017, 10:34:32 AM »

Offline Tinmaniac

• Scout
« Reply #39 on: November 16, 2017, 10:34:46 AM »
I brought up MPHS, as an example, where more gun laws (or at least regulatory review and proposed rule changes after MPHS) could have made a difference, in Texas, because Texas was brought up. 

The firearm used in MPHS was acquired by the murderers father, because the tribe failed to report, as the AF failed to report in the Texas case.  Obama had the means and opportunity to tighten up NCIC and reporting, and did not. 

The law was passed, similar to KC (for which WA was after the feds, IIRC), to make misdemeanor DV a prohibited possessor category.  So regardless of whether KC, or WA, etc. law applied in Texas, the murderer was a prohibited possessor. 

The failure of NCIC reporting that obama failed to rectify or at least review for regulatory changes could have made the difference in Texas.  Maybe not, as we are well aware of the stunning lack of enforcement for even more heinous felony violations of attempting to obtain a firearm by prohibited possessors.
Thank you for clearing that up.You also mention Obama.Would you like to remind us all who it was that fought Obama on EVERYTHING he tried to do?

Offline Fl0und3rz

• Forum Sponsor
  • Legend
« Reply #40 on: November 16, 2017, 10:47:55 AM »

Offline Fl0und3rz

• Forum Sponsor
  • Legend
« Reply #41 on: November 16, 2017, 10:48:29 AM »

Thank you for clearing that up.You also mention Obama.Would you like to remind us all who it was that fought Obama on EVERYTHING he tried to do?

Cat got your tongue?

Offline Tinmaniac

• Scout
« Reply #42 on: November 16, 2017, 10:55:45 AM »
You talking to me?I love the vid.

Offline ctwiggs1

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Frontiersman
« Reply #43 on: November 16, 2017, 11:11:45 AM »

The United States Constitution, and it did a great job :tup:

Online pianoman9701

• Mushroom Man
  • Business Sponsor
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • Legend
  • WWC, NRA Life, WFW, NAGR, RMEF, WSB, NMLS #2014743
    • www.facebook.com/johnwallacemortgage
    • Apply for a loan
« Reply #44 on: November 16, 2017, 11:17:09 AM »
Read all of my posts.I was not the one who brought up Marysville.I brought up Texas and a DV offender and IF he had went to court in King County.

Shoulda, coulda, woulda. Had he been tried in civilian court in TX, he wouldn't have been able to buy a gun either. And you did bring up Marysville in response to my post. Deal with the fact that you're not coming out well at all. And it's because your arguments don't even make sense to you. You're experiencing cognitive dissonance. Just keep in mind that you can always change your views when you find out what you've been believing is wrong.
"Restricting the rights of law-abiding citizens based on the actions of criminals and madmen will have no positive effect on the future acts of criminals and madmen. It will only serve to reduce individual rights and the very security of our republic." - Pianoman

* Advertisement

* Recent Topics

Bearpaw Season - Spring 2024 by Machias
[Today at 09:19:44 AM]

SB 5444 signed by Inslee on 03/26 Takes Effect on 06/06/24 by hughjorgan
[Today at 09:03:26 AM]

Walked a cougar down by 2MANY
[Today at 08:56:26 AM]

Springer 2024 Columbia River by WSU
[Today at 08:31:10 AM]

Average by lhrbull
[Today at 07:31:56 AM]