collapse

Advertisement

Author Topic: Vortex diamondback  (Read 3109 times)

Offline fishngamereaper

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • Old Salt
Re: Vortex diamondback
« Reply #15 on: November 15, 2017, 07:39:40 AM »
I was a binocular freak for years. Buying reasonably priced stuff every year or two..Then I bought a pair of Swaro's 6 years ago and I don't binocular shop anymore.

You get what you pay for.  What are the two things you should spend good money on, Optics and Boots?

I've looked through the diamondbacks before and they are just ok for my eyes. Take em outside the store on a day like this and see how much light they pull in. Eye fatigue sucks when your glassing a lot. My eyes got tired after looking through them for two minutes.  But everyone's experience is going to be different.

Offline Eric M

• WA State Trappers Association
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Sourdough
« Reply #16 on: November 15, 2017, 07:59:11 AM »
If u are on a tight budget I honestly think the Redfield 10x42 are a lot easier on my eyes in that price range. I upgrad÷d this year to some Leopold hd but still use the Redfield in the truck. The cheaper vortex pull on my eyes but the Redfield don't. And they replaced them for me a year ago when the damage was my fault.

Offline ctwiggs1

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (+10)
  • Frontiersman
« Reply #17 on: November 15, 2017, 08:03:19 AM »
One last note... If your season is over, hold onto your money for big sales.  Optics can have great sales throughout the year. 

Offline bobcat

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (+14)
  • Legend
    • robert68
« Reply #18 on: November 15, 2017, 08:03:50 AM »
Best binoculars I've ever used that cost less than $100 are the Leupold Yosemite's. They're made in China which I don't like, but so are the Diamondbacks. You can get them on sale for around $85. Way better than the Diamondbacks, and I've had both. Still have the Leupolds, sold the Vortex.

Offline JDHasty

• Past Sponsor
  • Trade Count: (+2)
  • Old Salt
  • Groups: NRA Benefactor Member, GOA Life Member, Father of 3 NRA Life Members
« Reply #19 on: November 15, 2017, 08:52:47 AM »
Best binoculars I've ever used that cost less than $100 are the Leupold Yosemite's. They're made in China which I don't like, but so are the Diamondbacks. You can get them on sale for around $85. Way better than the Diamondbacks, and I've had both. Still have the Leupolds, sold the Vortex.

We have three pair and I have given another five or so as gifts.  IMHO the 6x30 is the best kid's binocular ever offered... at least for kids who have been taught respect for their gear.     

Offline huntintherain

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Tracker
« Reply #20 on: November 15, 2017, 08:57:08 AM »
thanks guys, my brother has the crossfires and their decent, and the diamondbacks on sale at $129 is hard to pass.

Offline Naches Sportsman

• Political & Covid-19 Topics
  • Trade Count: (+4)
  • Frontiersman
« Reply #21 on: November 15, 2017, 09:12:27 AM »
I have a pair and am completely unhappy. My buddy has a set of $80 barska that are better.... Never again will I buy vortex
Makes me wonder if there’s something wrong with them. Usually people Love the diamondbacks for the money they pay. Not sure I’ve ever heard someone complain about them. 

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Just sent my 10x42's back for the 4th 5th time since 2013. Must of got a lemon. The 8x42''s I have are OK but are falling apart after 3 years of everyday use.

Offline lazydrifter

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Longhunter
« Reply #22 on: November 15, 2017, 10:50:59 AM »

I use a pair of Zen Ray Prime 8x42.   one of my sons has a pair of 8.5x50 Diamondbacks.  Recently he used my  Zen Rays for a day.  when he gave them back he said he said he liked the Diamondbacks better.

* Advertisement

* Recent Topics

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal