collapse

Advertisement

Author Topic: Okanogan County Mule Deer Endorsement  (Read 5372 times)

Offline BigGoonTuna

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (+2)
  • Sourdough
Re: Okanogan County Mule Deer Endorsement
« Reply #15 on: November 21, 2017, 09:43:32 AM »
i wouldn't use the columbia river endorsement as any kind of measure of success.  initially it was supposed to be for the upper river, however WDFW got greedy and required it for the entire system, so every river that doesn't flow into puget sound or the pacific is affected.  as far as i know they haven't really done anything of consequence with the money and won't let it expire like it was supposed to, either.

i definitely wouldn't shell out extra to hunt certain units, as WDFW has demonstrated that they are irresponsible with our money.
you can still get gas in heaven, and a drink in kingdom come,
in the meantime, i'll be cleaning my gun

Offline huntnut26

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Tracker
« Reply #16 on: November 21, 2017, 11:21:54 AM »
If the funds went to a mule deer organization other then the state then absolutely. 

Offline Skyvalhunter

• Washington For Wildlife
  • Explorer
« Reply #17 on: November 21, 2017, 11:54:16 AM »
No it just needs to be closed down for a while to hunting except Cougars, Yotes and bears. We are not going to be able to hunt wolves any time soon or I would include them.
The only man who never makes a mistake, is the man who never does anything!!
The further one goes into the wilderness, the greater the attraction of its lonely freedom.

Offline JLS

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Frontiersman
  • Groups: Support the LWCF!
« Reply #18 on: November 21, 2017, 12:02:52 PM »
Our hunting license funds go into the general fund for the state and then a reduced amount gets put back into a WDFW budget.  Our license funds are already supporting the Liberal agenda of our states law makers.  As far as I know, my license money is paying for high school kids condoms or abortions for kids without there parents knowing!  If all the money that was taken in by sportsmen was used to better enhance the hunting experience and help with game, we would have a wonderful hunting and fishing program in our state.  But on the second hand, if the libs didn't get the cut they were getting, they would have probably outlawed all hunting in the state for its mean and cruelty to animals!!!  This place will drive you nuts if you try to use any common sense at all!!! :bash:

http://app.leg.wa.gov/RCW/default.aspx?cite=77.12.170

The information on license fees is incorrect.  Please reference the RCW.
Matthew 7:13-14

Offline winshooter88

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Longhunter
« Reply #19 on: November 21, 2017, 12:34:21 PM »
Our hunting license funds go into the general fund for the state and then a reduced amount gets put back into a WDFW budget.  Our license funds are already supporting the Liberal agenda of our states law makers.  As far as I know, my license money is paying for high school kids condoms or abortions for kids without there parents knowing!  If all the money that was taken in by sportsmen was used to better enhance the hunting experience and help with game, we would have a wonderful hunting and fishing program in our state.  But on the second hand, if the libs didn't get the cut they were getting, they would have probably outlawed all hunting in the state for its mean and cruelty to animals!!!  This place will drive you nuts if you try to use any common sense at all!!! :bash:

JLS is correct, the hunting license and tag fees go into the WDFW Wildlife fund, not into the general fund and haven't gone into the general fund for several years. The bad part is that the legislature gets to tell WDFW what they can spend most of the monies they have on.

Offline dvolmer

• Sourdough
« Reply #20 on: November 21, 2017, 12:55:32 PM »

Yes it does go into the "State Wildlife Fund" or so they call it.  That is where the money is collected and held.  It doesn't say what it can be used for and what other funds can be subsidized from it.

Zonk Volmer

Offline boneaddict

• Site Sponsor
  • Administrator
  • Legend
« Reply #21 on: November 21, 2017, 01:05:14 PM »
....wolf preservation

Offline shotguunar

• Tracker
« Reply #22 on: November 21, 2017, 04:18:26 PM »
I would go for a 25 dollar endorsement as long as it says good for one dead wolf okanogan county for mule deer preservation

Offline jstone

• Political & Covid-19 Topics
  • Old Salt
« Reply #23 on: November 21, 2017, 05:48:06 PM »
NO

Offline RB

• Frontiersman
« Reply #24 on: November 21, 2017, 05:55:10 PM »
NOPE!
IAFF #3728

Offline jstone

• Political & Covid-19 Topics
  • Old Salt
« Reply #25 on: November 21, 2017, 05:56:46 PM »
Getting tired of the people in control out of control...!!!!

Offline Britt-dog

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Hunter
« Reply #26 on: November 21, 2017, 06:31:08 PM »
That is simply an additional tax. I am not against additional taxes for good cause, but certainly not when I believe my current tax dollars which should be utilized for the same purpose are squandered.

Offline bobcat

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (+14)
  • Legend
    • robert68
« Reply #27 on: November 21, 2017, 07:03:56 PM »
I'd like to see a requirement that a hunter kill a certain number of predators before they're allowed to hunt mule deer. Let's say 5 coyotes, or 1 bear, or 1 cougar.

Offline KFhunter

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Legend
« Reply #28 on: November 21, 2017, 07:16:13 PM »
They’d squander the funds.  I’d only support it if it would deter people from hunting it for a year or two.  They need to shut it down for a couple years.

and give out hound hunting permits like candy, get them cats running

Offline RB

• Frontiersman
« Reply #29 on: November 21, 2017, 07:20:08 PM »
I'd like to see a requirement that a hunter kill a certain number of predators before they're allowed to hunt mule deer. Let's say 5 coyotes, or 1 bear, or 1 cougar.

:yeah:

Make it two Bears anywhere in the state. I heard more Coyotes this year than any time in the 30 years I have been hunting!
IAFF #3728

* Advertisement

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal