collapse

Advertisement

Author Topic: Any suggestions for a guided rifle elk hunt in Montana 2018  (Read 1340 times)

Offline Gentrys

• Business Sponsor
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Scout
Any suggestions for a guided rifle elk hunt in Montana 2018
« on: November 21, 2017, 08:01:26 PM »
I'd like to get over to Montana in 2018 for an elk or possible elk/deer combo trip.  Probably more interested in central Montana, but open to suggestions.  Heard bad things about the growing wolf populations on the west side of the state over the past 6-7 years, otherwise I'd probabbly be heading into the Bob.
Looking for a location with good elk numbers more so than trophy size bulls.  Being able to hunt deer also would be a plus.
Private ranch or public land is fine.  Just don't want to be competing with large numbers of hunters in the area as I do enough of that here in WA.
Any info is greatly appreciated.

Offline WapitiTalk1

• Forum Sponsor
  • Trade Count: (+9)
  • Old Salt
  • Groups: RMEF, NRA, US Army (R)
Re: Any suggestions for a guided rifle elk hunt in Montana 2018
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2017, 08:43:28 PM »
Send me a PM mister. I've got a recommendation you ;). RJ
Darton Archery Maverick II
Traditions Vortek StrikeFire Smoke Pole
Weatherby VG-2 Boomstick
"Poking at a campfire with a stick is one of life's great satisfactions." Patrick F. McManus

Offline MuzzyHunter28

• Business Sponsor
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Tracker
  • Cascade Mountain Outfitters
    • https://www.facebook.com/pages/category/Sports---Recreation/Cascade-Mountain-Outfitters-360401058137699/
    • Cascade Mountain Outfitters LLC
  • Groups: WFW,SCI, DU, WSF, WBF
Re: Any suggestions for a guided rifle elk hunt in Montana 2018
« Reply #2 on: December 13, 2017, 05:05:07 PM »
I'd like to get over to Montana in 2018 for an elk or possible elk/deer combo trip.  Probably more interested in central Montana, but open to suggestions.  Heard bad things about the growing wolf populations on the west side of the state over the past 6-7 years, otherwise I'd probabbly be heading into the Bob.
Looking for a location with good elk numbers more so than trophy size bulls.  Being able to hunt deer also would be a plus.
Private ranch or public land is fine.  Just don't want to be competing with large numbers of hunters in the area as I do enough of that here in WA.
Any info is greatly appreciated.

Give James a Call w/ Montana Rivers and Ridges Outfitters. Hunts the Bitter-roots. Amazing guy, Archery or Rifle. Deer / Elk Combos. I hunted with James for Archery Season. Weather made it tough, still managed to shoot and a miss a bull with my bow, I decided to come back and Hunt rifle and ended up shooting a Bull on my first day and had ample opportunities at whitetail bucks. Missed a basket buck while packing my bull off the Mountain w/ Mules.... Beautiful lodge to stay in every night. Cook is awesome. He Hunt FS Lands. In my 10 days of Hunting I didn't see more then a few other people at the closed gates or trail heads.  It was an amazing trip. I've done a few guided hunts and hands down he provided the best Service. http://www.mtriversandridges.com/
Brandon Keller 
Owner/Guide
www.CascadeMountainOutfitters.com - Guided Black Bear Hunts
P: 360.761.8653

* Advertisement

* Recent Topics

Let’s see your best Washington buck by high_hunter
[Yesterday at 10:31:08 PM]

Bearpaw Season - Spring 2024 by actionshooter
[Yesterday at 09:43:51 PM]

Walked a cougar down by MADMAX
[Yesterday at 08:31:53 PM]