collapse

Advertisement

Author Topic: Done with Nikon  (Read 7537 times)

Offline huntnphool

• Chance favors the prepared mind!
  • Political & Covid-19 Topics
  • Trade Count: (+15)
  • Legend
Re: Done with Nikon
« Reply #30 on: December 17, 2017, 05:23:55 PM »
long gone are the days of true top customer service. Customer care has very much changed over the years......

I disagree, there are still quality companies out there. :twocents: http://hunting-washington.com/smf/index.php/topic,143206.msg1900531.html#msg1900531
The things that come to those who wait, may be the things left by those who got there first!

Offline grundy53

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Explorer
  • Learn something new everyday.
    • facebook
« Reply #31 on: December 17, 2017, 05:44:39 PM »
Vortex is the way to go. 0 questions asked! its broke or has an issue send it in! They either fix or replace and send it back at no cost!

The problem with Vortex is the need to send the product in. 3 of the 5 Vortex products I own have had to go back for repair and that doesn’t include my spotting scope that pretty much broke in half in the middle of my mountain goat hunt this year. Luckily I was able to screw it back together but why did I need to in the first place?
My Vortex spotter did the same thing during my elk hunt this year. They are fixing it right now. First problem I've had with any of my Vortex items. But it's pretty much  soured me on them.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Molôn Labé
Can you skin Grizz?

The opinions expressed in my posts do not represent those of the forum.

Offline jackelope

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+27)
  • Legend
  • Groups: jackelope
« Reply #32 on: December 17, 2017, 06:12:54 PM »
Vortex is the way to go. 0 questions asked! its broke or has an issue send it in! They either fix or replace and send it back at no cost!

The problem with Vortex is the need to send the product in. 3 of the 5 Vortex products I own have had to go back for repair and that doesn’t include my spotting scope that pretty much broke in half in the middle of my mountain goat hunt this year. Luckily I was able to screw it back together but why did I need to in the first place?
My Vortex spotter did the same thing during my elk hunt this year. They are fixing it right now. First problem I've had with any of my Vortex items. But it's pretty much  soured me on them.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
pm sent.
:fire.:

" In today's instant gratification society, more and more pressure revolves around success and the measurement of one's prowess as a hunter by inches on a score chart or field photos produced on social media. Don't fall into the trap. Hunting is-and always will be- about the hunt, the adventure, the views, and time spent with close friends and family. " Ryan Hatfield

My posts, opinions and statements do not represent those of this forum

Offline Okanagan

• Longhunter
« Reply #33 on: December 17, 2017, 07:05:43 PM »
I've had extremes of great service and being ripped off by Nikon customer service.

Years ago I bought fairly low end Nikon binoculars that came with a warranty of a year or so.  We baby optics, but within weeks the insides came loose and one side would no longer focus.  Nikon sprang a service fee ($35 ?) to honor their warranty and I grudgingly paid and sent them in, paying shipping both ways.  They came back with the same problem.  I phoned Nikon Customer service and got a rude woman who told me that I had broken them again and that they would fix them again for the service fee.  No way.

Several years later I was talking to a Nikon rep at the Sportsman’s Show in Puyallup and mentioned my experience.  He said that Nikon had set out to improve CS and to send in the binos again.  They sent me  new Monarchs, a significant upgrade at no cost.  That was over five years ago.

Offline Pinetar

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (+6)
  • Sourdough
« Reply #34 on: December 17, 2017, 07:08:32 PM »

:yeah: I have a Vortex as a truck spotting scope and had the same thing happen. It just rides on my back seat with the neoprene cover and always comes apart in the middle. At the factory for warranty now.

They told me I was the first one with this problem, ya right. Hope they fix it

Offline TheSkyBuster

• Aim High
  • Washington For Wildlife
  • Trade Count: (+15)
  • Sourdough
« Reply #35 on: December 17, 2017, 07:30:49 PM »
If only there were a top quality optics manufacturer that stood behind their products forever, 100%, no questions asked, and manufactured them in America?    Wait, I seem to remember my grandfather talking about such a Place.

Offline Jellymon

• Political & Covid-19 Topics
  • Trade Count: (+4)
  • Sourdough
« Reply #36 on: December 17, 2017, 09:46:40 PM »
If only there were a top quality optics manufacturer that stood behind their products forever, 100%, no questions asked, and manufactured them in America?    Wait, I seem to remember my grandfather talking about such a Place.

The majority of Leupolds binoculars are made overseas.
« Last Edit: December 17, 2017, 09:56:33 PM by Jellymon »

Offline CAMPMEAT

• CAMPMEAT
  • Explorer
  • I love my gun rights in Arizona..
« Reply #37 on: December 22, 2017, 07:42:43 PM »
My $55,000.00 Duramax had an issue. I really don't understand why all the complaining. Send it in, get it fixed or buy a $1000 pair of binos, scopes, whatever and hope those don't have a problem... Stuff does happen.
I couldn't care less about what anybody says..............

Offline Timberstalker

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (+3)
  • Old Salt
  • Just one more ridge
« Reply #38 on: December 24, 2017, 07:00:54 AM »
My $55,000.00 Duramax had an issue. I really don't understand why all the complaining. Send it in, get it fixed or buy a $1000 pair of binos, scopes, whatever and hope those don't have a problem... Stuff does happen.

Be careful getting all reasonable, Campmeat.
If you aint hunting, you aint livin'

Offline CAMPMEAT

• CAMPMEAT
  • Explorer
  • I love my gun rights in Arizona..
« Reply #39 on: December 24, 2017, 07:52:59 AM »

Be careful getting all reasonable, Campmeat.

Thanks. I try to be fair and balanced in my comments.... :tup:
I couldn't care less about what anybody says..............

* Advertisement

* Recent Topics

CVA optima V2 LR tapped hole for front sight by Remdawg
[Today at 05:34:44 AM]

Let’s see your best Washington buck by HntnFsh
[Today at 05:33:38 AM]

Bearpaw Season - Spring 2024 by actionshooter
[Yesterday at 09:43:51 PM]

Walked a cougar down by MADMAX
[Yesterday at 08:31:53 PM]

Which 12” boat trailer tires? by timberhunter
[Yesterday at 08:22:18 PM]