collapse

Advertisement

Author Topic: Idaho Non-Resident Hound Permit  (Read 11596 times)

Offline Machias

• Trapper
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • Explorer
Re: Idaho Non-Resident Hound Permit
« Reply #15 on: December 14, 2017, 09:10:55 AM »
I might be getting my old dog Bo back.  He's 10 now, hasn't been hunted the last 2 years, the fella who bought him from me 5 years ago had a stroke a couple of years ago.  Bo treed my last lion and bobcats.  I think he'd still make a good pup trainer for my young crew.  I'll have to see how well he has aged and how out of shape he is.
Fred Moyer

When it's Grim, be the GRIM REAPER!

Offline jackelope

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+27)
  • Legend
  • Groups: jackelope
« Reply #16 on: December 14, 2017, 10:06:29 AM »
Take lots of pictures!! We like pictures.

I will...since I have three inexperienced pups there will probably be lots of pictures of porkies treed; coyotes, moose, deer and elk running for their lives (just kidding!!)  :) :)

Nothing wrong with that!
:fire.:

" In today's instant gratification society, more and more pressure revolves around success and the measurement of one's prowess as a hunter by inches on a score chart or field photos produced on social media. Don't fall into the trap. Hunting is-and always will be- about the hunt, the adventure, the views, and time spent with close friends and family. " Ryan Hatfield

My posts, opinions and statements do not represent those of this forum

Offline Special T

• Truth the new Hate Speech.
  • Business Sponsor
  • Trade Count: (+13)
  • Legend
  • Make it Rain!
    • Silver Arrow Bowmen
    • Silver Arrow Bowmen
« Reply #17 on: December 14, 2017, 10:43:20 AM »
Will you be hunting the area where you purchased property?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

In archery we have something like the way of the superior man. When the archer misses the center of the target, he turns round and seeks for the cause of his failure in himself. 

Confucius

Offline Machias

• Trapper
  • Explorer
« Reply #18 on: December 14, 2017, 12:22:51 PM »
Maybe a little coon hunting there.  Most of the hunting with dogs will be more remote and less road which equals less traffic.  ☺
Fred Moyer

Offline HighCountryHunter88

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Sourdough
« Reply #19 on: December 14, 2017, 03:55:09 PM »
Fred please consider contacting these organizations and joining, I know lots of members of both groups and they are great people that do alot of good!
http://idahohoundsmen.com/index.html  Eastern Idaho Hound Association
-Matt

Offline Machias

• Trapper
  • Explorer
« Reply #20 on: December 14, 2017, 09:22:10 PM »
Will do, thank you!!!
Fred Moyer

Offline outdooraddict

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (+1)
  • Longhunter
« Reply #21 on: December 23, 2017, 09:50:11 AM »
I know very little about hound hunting, just the basic knowledge by reading the forum and google about hound hunting. Machias, why cant a person shoot an animal with you?  is it just your preference or is there a "dog" reason.  and hounds are considered "tools" to hound hunters and not pets? is that why you dont allow handling. The hound hunting is very interesting and just curious, to learn some. I live in eastern washington and would love to learn more and maybe tag along sometime if anyone is willing to teach

Online Karl Blanchard

• Trade Count: (+22)
  • Explorer
  • Jonathan_S hunting apparel prostaff
  • Groups: Sitka Gear Fan Boy for LIFE
« Reply #22 on: December 23, 2017, 10:34:12 AM »
I know very little about hound hunting, just the basic knowledge by reading the forum and google about hound hunting. Machias, why cant a person shoot an animal with you?  is it just your preference or is there a "dog" reason.  and hounds are considered "tools" to hound hunters and not pets? is that why you dont allow handling. The hound hunting is very interesting and just curious, to learn some. I live in eastern washington and would love to learn more and maybe tag along sometime if anyone is willing to teach
  Idaho state law.  You would need a hound permit as well in order to take a critter with hounds.
It is foolish and wrong to mourn these men.  Rather, we should thank god that such men lived.  -General George S. Patton

Aaron's Profile:  http://hunting-washington.com/smf/index.php?action=profile;u=2875
Aaron's Posts:  http://hunting-washington.com/smf/index.php?action=profile;area=showposts;u=2875
Aaron's Facebook:  https://www.facebook.com/aaron.blanchard.94

Offline WA hunter14

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Longhunter
« Reply #23 on: December 23, 2017, 01:25:13 PM »
  Idaho state law.  You would need a hound permit as well in order to take a critter with hounds.

I believe it also days to even own or handle a hound in the state of idaho you need a hound permit.

Online Karl Blanchard

• Explorer
« Reply #24 on: December 23, 2017, 02:00:55 PM »

I believe it also days to even own or handle a hound in the state of idaho you need a hound permit.
  yeah something to that effect.  There are private land exceptions though as well. 
It is foolish and wrong to mourn these men.  Rather, we should thank god that such men lived.  -General George S. Patton

Aaron's Profile:  http://hunting-washington.com/smf/index.php?action=profile;u=2875
Aaron's Posts:  http://hunting-washington.com/smf/index.php?action=profile;area=showposts;u=2875

Offline emac

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (+4)
  • Sourdough
« Reply #25 on: December 23, 2017, 03:13:58 PM »
So can an idaho resident with hounds take a non resident hunting

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Online Karl Blanchard

• Explorer
« Reply #26 on: December 23, 2017, 03:29:20 PM »

only if the non resident has a hound permit or private land

Offline emac

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (+4)
  • Sourdough
« Reply #27 on: December 23, 2017, 03:52:32 PM »

only if the non resident has a hound permit or private land
Thanks

Offline Machias

• Trapper
  • Explorer
« Reply #28 on: December 24, 2017, 08:46:14 AM »
Sorry, I'm over in the UK and missed the question.  In Idaho, in order to hunt over dogs or even handle the dogs, you have to have a Hound permit.  You could tag along, but you cannot legally handle the dogs or harvest an animal over the dogs without the permit. 
Fred Moyer

Offline Boss .300 winmag

• FLY NAVAL AVIATION
  • Washington For Wildlife
  • Explorer
  • How do you measure trying, you do, or you don’t.
« Reply #29 on: December 24, 2017, 10:44:33 AM »
Sorry, I'm over in the UK and missed the question.  In Idaho, in order to hunt over dogs or even handle the dogs, you have to have a Hound permit.  You could tag along, but you cannot legally handle the dogs or harvest an animal over the dogs without the permit.

So how do the guides do it?
"Just because I like granola, and I have stretched my arms around a few trees, doesn't mean I'm a tree hugger!
Hi I'm 8156, our leader is Bearpaw.
YOU CANNOT REASON WITH A TIGER WHEN YOUR HEAD IS IN ITS MOUTH! Winston Churchill

Keep Calm And Duc/Ski Doo On!

* Advertisement

* Recent Topics

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal