collapse

Advertisement

Author Topic: hound hunting Lions in NE washington  (Read 4228 times)

Offline whtbuck

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Tracker
hound hunting Lions in NE washington
« on: December 01, 2017, 02:58:44 PM »
If there is such a Lion problem up around Kettle Falls why can't we use dogs?We turkey hunted over there this spring and counted hundreds of Whitetail.Most Doe had 2 and 3 young.This past Late Buck was crazy.Hardly any deer left..Local farmers say between Wolves and Lions are the problem..

Offline DOUBLELUNG

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (+1)
  • Old Salt
As long as we have the habitat, we can argue forever about who gets to kill what and when.  No habitat = no game.

Offline ribka

• Political & Covid-19 Topics
  • Trade Count: (+3)
  • Old Salt
  • That's what she said
Re: hound hunting Lions in NE washington
« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2017, 03:13:39 PM »
Ask conservation NW and Mitch Friedman

They helped get hound shut down

I hope the spokesman comes on here again to explain why they did this

Offline hunter399

• Political & Covid-19 Topics
  • Old Salt
  • If you know me,then you know I give zero #&$@$
  • Groups: NRA RMEF
« Reply #3 on: December 01, 2017, 05:26:46 PM »
If there is such a Lion problem up around Kettle Falls why can't we use dogs?We turkey hunted over there this spring and counted hundreds of Whitetail.Most Doe had 2 and 3 young.This past Late Buck was crazy.Hardly any deer left..Local farmers say between Wolves and Lions are the problem..

Lol :chuckle: :chuckle: :chuckle: Your comment is really funny .Where did all these deer go. :dunno:

I'm gonna bet that most of the deer you counted in the spring are still there.before season started.Between kettle to loon lake there is a huge amount of hunters and hunting presure from all over the state to notch that tag and this was worse than most years short late Season didn't help.so then deer are hideing in every private chunk,back property line ,1/4 acre spot or backyard they can find.that has no hunting pressure.The biggest buck I seen this year and a good shooter buck for eastern wa. Was standing in someone's backyard with public land only a 1\4 mile away.Late buck being the worst I seen it in years,with hunting pressure,when it's like that even does go nocturnal , Your best time to hunt is 10min till dark.

Anyway ya predators are bad,alot more cougar than wdfw will admit, and also huge coyote problem in some areas ,I seen one spot where there was snow in deer season ,half a dozen coyote tracks ,turkey feathers everywhere,coyotes got into a herd of turkey killed three or four,in one night feather where not there day before.what I seen,not a bone,cunk of meat anywhere,just feathers and tracks ,Turkey's where ripped apart and dragged off like instantly.

Anyway even this huge hunting pressure can cause deer to have a harder winter spending two weeks or more hideing from people,then a hard winter hits,then predators come in ,has huge effects on deer herd.After deer season everybody go home to the coast,spokane,all over , then guys like me that live here are left to deal with predators that want there fill ,gut bags like they had durring deer season.I try to go out with foxpro, Once a week ,if you think the deer are hard to hunt in late season then try to kill some predators it gets harder. :chuckle:

« Last Edit: December 01, 2017, 05:50:53 PM by hunter399 »
I rather piss in the wind,then have piss down my back.

Offline BigDaddySweet

• Pilgrim
« Reply #4 on: March 03, 2018, 10:22:01 PM »
In addition to what hunter 399 said, blue tongue has killed a lot of deer the past couple of years. The long summers with no rain make it even worse.

Offline YJ Guide Service

• Business Sponsor
  • Longhunter
    • YJ Guide Service
    • YJ Guide Service
« Reply #5 on: March 06, 2018, 04:21:59 PM »
trust me between the wolves and cougar and blue tongue the deer and elk have no chance...bring back dogs....
YJ Guide Service owner/guide

* Advertisement

* Recent Topics

Bearpaw Season - Spring 2024 by Machias
[Today at 09:19:44 AM]

SB 5444 signed by Inslee on 03/26 Takes Effect on 06/06/24 by hughjorgan
[Today at 09:03:26 AM]

Walked a cougar down by 2MANY
[Today at 08:56:26 AM]

Springer 2024 Columbia River by WSU
[Today at 08:31:10 AM]

Average by lhrbull