collapse

Advertisement

Author Topic: Anyone have pointers where to bring 83 year old Grandfather for white tail?  (Read 1607 times)

Offline yotesnmore

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Tracker
Hey guys, I'm from Central Wa, my family was born and raised in the Yakima Valley. I've put a few posts up in the past but nothing to create many relations which I hope doesn't backfire on this! Now to my question. I'm looking for a place up around Spokane that is easy access, maybe even easy pickings, for my 83 year old grandfather. He is a vet. And a gold glove at that. He is still incredibly strong but can't quiet hike like he used to be able to even 4 or 5 years ago. Being as he's slowing down he hasn't been able to harvest an animal these few years.

He called me this past week and asked if I knew anywhere to go elk hunting that is easy going but still have chances. So we went. And go figure we were about 12 hrs to late because at day light walking in there were two guys searching for elk they had stuck the night before. It was cool being there when they found. Grandpa being the awesome man he is asks "think we should go help em?" I could see more guys coming to help them and suggested we just take it easy and keep going. So we did. Real easy matter of fact. We walked about a mile in 3 hours.

I knew the old man was slowing down but not that much. 3 years ago he was doing back country fishing trips still! So when I noticed this I got to thinking how important it's gonna be to get out with him while he still can. (Not saying he won't be able for years to come but you never know)

So I'm here to ask your guys help on getting him a late season archery deer! Wether it be a doe or buck. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

« Last Edit: December 10, 2017, 12:52:31 PM by yotesnmore »

Offline h20hunter

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • Legend

Offline boneaddict

• Site Sponsor
  • Administrator
  • Legend
You are sitting smack dab in the middle of whitetail central, literally in the city limits.  Find some land you can access, and I bet it has whitetail on it.   Should be out there this morning.  They are waiting for you.   Literally ground zero, monster whities.   You don’t need to hike to get them and the piece of land only has to be big enough to shoot an arrow across.

Offline yotesnmore

• Tracker
In the Yakima Valley? @boneaddict   that's news to me. I hunt this area hard and have seen one. I think you thought I meant Spokane valley.

Offline yotesnmore

• Tracker
I'm from Yakima looking for info on Spokane. Sorry to confuse anyone.

Offline huntnfmly

• Trade Count: (+36)
  • Frontiersman
@YJ Guide Service
I was just going to post the same thing.
Great people there.
Craig has some spots that would be perfect
I'm your dam tour guide Arnie please don’t wonder off the dam tour.
Take as many dam pictures as you want ....
Are there any dam questions ..

Offline yotesnmore

• Tracker
Not much for fees just looking for pointers or farmers that don't mind hunting. Just a shot in the dark. Thanks though guys! Sounds like he has a good rep!

Offline boneaddict

• Site Sponsor
  • Administrator
  • Legend
Sorry about that, I thought you were up at Spokane looking for a place to hunt up there. 

* Advertisement

* Recent Topics

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal