collapse

Advertisement

Author Topic: Poached Goat  (Read 30401 times)

Offline Antlershed

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • Frontiersman
Re: Poached Goat
« Reply #165 on: December 15, 2017, 07:02:53 PM »
 :dunno:

Offline Antlershed

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • Frontiersman
« Reply #166 on: December 15, 2017, 07:03:31 PM »

Offline Dan-o

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (+24)
  • Explorer
« Reply #167 on: December 15, 2017, 07:09:31 PM »
>:(

To much? Sorry, I was cooking dinner and having a good laugh

Your description of working to get a longer shot was awesome. 
Member:   Yakstrakgutp (or whatever we are)
I love the BFRO!!!
I wonder how many people will touch their nose to their screen trying to read this...

Offline 7mmfan

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (+7)
  • Old Salt
    • https://www.facebook.com/rory.oconnor.9480
« Reply #168 on: December 15, 2017, 07:31:35 PM »
>:(

To much? Sorry, I was cooking dinner and having a good laugh

Your description of working to get a longer shot was awesome.

:tup: I've been saving that one for the right opportunity.
I hunt, therefore I am.... I fish, therefore I lie.

Offline JDHasty

• Past Sponsor
  • Trade Count: (+2)
  • Old Salt
  • Groups: NRA Benefactor Member, GOA Life Member, Father of 3 NRA Life Members
« Reply #169 on: December 15, 2017, 07:53:06 PM »
In the case of Reichert (Bullwinkle): a guy I know was working outside his home, on his shop, and witnessed the whole thing go down. 

People calling me a liar and worse, as well a Pinetar, M_Ray and others who had either first hand knowledge or were absolutely confident in the what, when and where info friends of their's had shared.  What they (we) posted when we called those involved out after it was posted that the animal was shot outside GMU 334 north of the canal was 100% proven out to be unassailable fact.  This was allowed to continue by the same mods who are herein making light of the predicament this individual is in.

OK now let me go ON RECORD and say - I said in personal conversations with them:  Let me take the hits, there is nothing to be gained by you being "branded."  And let me also go on record as saying that what I posted as fact, was in fact - FACTUAL.  I repeatedly made it abundantly clear that when I posted opinion I made it clear that it is my opinion and can only be considered in that regard.  Did I not?   

My buddy's brother is a Wildlife Enforcement Officer w/wdfw and this guy just plain screwed up.  This is accepted as what happened.  Nobody, and I mean NOBODY within WDFW disputes that. 

What is also accepted in this case is that the hunter is trying to do whatever he can... whatever that could be.  He is not trying to make any excuses or get out of anything, he wants to do whatever he can to "help."

There is no call for this nonsense and it sickens me to see members and mods  pile on and make make fun of a guy who has taken ownership of his actions and doesn't deserve to be lumped in with either Reichert or his three "helpers."

Hormel actually used the only defense that I thought tenable to get Reichert off.  Let me point this out:  up until the very end what Hormel contended was never advanced by any of the four players involved, or their apologists, here as reason that they were not guilty.

I shared with a few trusted fellow members the very scenario, the only scenario, that I thought had a chance of passing the straight face test.  But I cautioned them against sharing my thoughts online.  Once I was aware that Hormel had been retained I "knew" where he would focus his effort.  But again I asked that that be kept in confidence. 

As that case eventually played out - I was 100% correct.  Reichert got off on a "technicality."  Just as I had predicted it might.  I recognized the weak point in the State case, but thought it a "long shot."

But I diverge - What, please tell us, given what has been posted, has this individual done that is the least bit deserving of having the predicament he is in treated as in any way comparable to the incident referenced and/or turned into something the least bit humorous?   

If you remember back to that Reichert thread:  Members were allowed to post info regarding my my employer, post slander regarding a me being a game law violator etc etc etc all the way along and now the very same individuals who allowed this to propagate are engaging in making sport of the predicament this individual is in. 

Good Lord, the man admits that he screwed up, he wants to do anything he can do to help the situation, he is asking for no quarter and these guys think it is a laughing matter.  Beside the fact that they are engaging in thread jacking and a half dozen other things that the forum rules proscribe.

What gives? 
« Last Edit: December 15, 2017, 08:02:32 PM by JDHasty »

Offline DaveMonti

• Sourdough
« Reply #170 on: December 15, 2017, 08:02:48 PM »
I just can see how anyone ever thought this was going to end well. 

Offline JDHasty

• Past Sponsor
  • Old Salt
« Reply #171 on: December 15, 2017, 08:10:06 PM »

Dave, 

The man reportedly admits he made a grave mistake, the very minute he recognized that he was wrong he self reported.  Is there something you know that suggests that there was any effort to not own up to carelessness, or any effort to justify?

He screwed up and his first inclination was not to hunker down, justify, excuse, prevaricate on where the animal was taken...  etc ad infinitum?

If we take him at his word, the man had no reason to think this might not end well.  It appears he was either mistaken about where the tag was valid or where he was.  Once he became aware that he had violated he "manned up."   

Offline Dan-o

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (+24)
  • Explorer
« Reply #172 on: December 15, 2017, 08:15:17 PM »
JD, nobody is piling on the hunter. 

MANY of us said it took a stand up guy to admit his foul up. 

The thread went sideways when the "oh yeah, well if you don't agree with me then you are a wolf lover" defense was deployed. (and that was not pointed at the hunter that turned himself in)

From there, many of us had fun - but not at the expense of the guy was was man enough to turn himself in.   
Member:   Yakstrakgutp (or whatever we are)
I love the BFRO!!!
I wonder how many people will touch their nose to their screen trying to read this...

Offline KFhunter

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Legend
« Reply #173 on: December 15, 2017, 08:21:18 PM »
I don't know anything about the goat hunter, we were done talking about him like on page 1

but I'm really curious about this tub, a small goat, olive oil and a sous vide cooker  :stirthepot:

Offline JDHasty

• Past Sponsor
  • Old Salt
« Reply #174 on: December 15, 2017, 08:32:57 PM »
JD, nobody is piling on the hunter. 

MANY of us said it took a stand up guy to admit his foul up. 

The thread went sideways when the "oh yeah, well if you don't agree with me then you are a wolf lover" defense was deployed. (and that was not pointed at the hunter that turned himself in)

From there, many of us had fun - but not at the expense of the guy was was man enough to turn himself in.

Dan-O,

who is not so sure that this guy isn't a member we would all like to see not loose all his hunting privileges for years and IWVC covers this violation.

Maybe, if he is a member he would come here for a little solace. 

I just do not see any entertainment value in continuing what has been going on.  With what I know, I feel very sorry for the guy, he will not be able to hunt for years, that is a given. 

I would like to see a little hand holding.  I would like to see a little more sympathy.  He KNOWS he is a "screw up."  If what is in the public record is factual... it is not the end of the world.  We will help you get through the suspension of hunting privilege and you are not "a screw up."  You screwed up, and there are consequences to screwing up, but everything except you enjoying a great mount in your home will one day be behind you.

Let's just accept the consequence of not paying attention in this case and you are still welcome in our hunting camp.     

Offline KFhunter

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Legend
« Reply #175 on: December 15, 2017, 08:37:00 PM »

Dave, 

The man reportedly admits he made a grave mistake, the very minute he recognized that he was wrong he self reported.  Is there something you know that suggests that there was any effort to not own up to carelessness, or any effort to justify?

He screwed up and his first inclination was not to hunker down, justify, excuse, prevaricate on where the animal was taken...  etc ad infinitum?

If we take him at his word, the man had no reason to think this might not end well.  It appears he was either mistaken about where the tag was valid or where he was.  Once he became aware that he had violated he "manned up."

:beatdeadhorse:

This is just fake outrage, so you can feel all justified ranting about Reichert (again).

Offline JDHasty

• Past Sponsor
  • Old Salt
« Reply #176 on: December 15, 2017, 08:37:16 PM »
I don't know anything about the goat hunter, we were done talking about him like on page 1

but I'm really curious about this tub, a small goat, olive oil and a sous vide cooker  :stirthepot:

Thread jacking is explicitly proscribed.  Other members have been given an anal exam, looking for for ANY justification, the slightest transgression, in an effort to ban them.

Ridicule is also a violation.  Or are the rules just there for those you disagree with. 

Offline 7mmfan

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (+7)
  • Old Salt
    • https://www.facebook.com/rory.oconnor.9480
« Reply #177 on: December 15, 2017, 08:39:49 PM »
I really see this as a way of taking the spotlight off him and moving on. Subconsciously I think we're doing him a favor by thread jacking and changing the subject to silly nonsense. No one is doing this at his expense, I certainly wasn't.

I've been in his shoes, made an honest mistake, and self reported. It's no laughing matter. No one here is laughing at him.
I hunt, therefore I am.... I fish, therefore I lie.

Offline JDHasty

• Past Sponsor
  • Old Salt
« Reply #178 on: December 15, 2017, 08:41:30 PM »
I really see this as a way of taking the spotlight off him and moving on. Subconsciously I think we're doing him a favor by thread jacking and changing the subject to silly nonsense. No one is doing this at his expense, I certainly wasn't.

I've been in his shoes, made an honest mistake, and self reported. It's no laughing matter. No one here is laughing at him.

No one commenting has reached out. 

Offline KFhunter

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Legend
« Reply #179 on: December 15, 2017, 08:45:08 PM »

Thread jacking is explicitly proscribed.  Other members have been given an anal exam, looking for for ANY justification, the slightest transgression, in an effort to ban them.

Ridicule is also a violation.  Or are the rules just there for those you disagree with.

:tinfoil:

There's a big difference in types of thread jacks, this one is a nonissue.  There's no information, no named people involved, and nothing to speculate.  It's done, now it's just idle banter.   

* Advertisement

* Recent Topics

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal