collapse

Advertisement

Author Topic: 2 wolves shot NE Washington  (Read 23872 times)

Offline Ridgeratt

• Washington For Wildlife
  • Trade Count: (+11)
  • Old Salt
  • IBEW 73 (Retired) Burden on the working class.
Re: 2 wolves shot NE Washington
« Reply #90 on: December 11, 2017, 08:18:33 PM »
http://wdfw.wa.gov/news/dec1117b/
Sounds like hunters found the second one and turned it in.

Ok correct me if I'm wrong here. I'm just thinking out loud but I read that article and it says that the 1st one found by the biologists was approximately 15 miles southwest of Republic. Now I'm not doing any bashing just want to be clear but isn't it possible that a member of the Colville tribe shot it and it being legal? Thats pretty damn close to the reservation line right? Just saying.  :dunno:
Ya anywhere south put you close to reservation,,but tribal members can hunt anywhere they don't have to be on the reservation.Here is what is 15 miles southwest of republic ,at least Google map says.

Well not to start an argument here with you lol  :chuckle: but I think that is wrong. What you are showing is southeast of Republic anyways. If you check the mileage between Republic and West Fork it's exactly 15 miles. And West Fork is on the reservation.
Well not to start a argument but your wrong ,when you show me better proof than this let me know.My first map is right,when you measure to west fork that's a more strait line to reservation.

Lol ok  :tup:

Gentlemen: For the sake of an argument. You can't even be sure that's the right location from the media release's.  :chuckle:

For all the CSI folks I find this not making sense.   :dunno: 

The wolves are members of the Smackout and Dirty Shirt packs. (Posted from the media release)  http://www.krem.com/tech/two-wolves-shot-dead-in-eastern-washington/498291888

Then we have this bit of information:

The wolf had been wearing a radio collar, attached by WDFW biologists in 2016 when it was a member of the Profanity Peak pack.

This from the WDFW release.    http://wdfw.wa.gov/news/dec1117b/

The Map shows 3 different packs;   http://wdfw.wa.gov/conservation/gray_wolf/packs/

Could it be someone is    Fibbing on Location.

Offline mdbuck5x5

• Political & Covid-19 Topics
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Longhunter
« Reply #91 on: December 11, 2017, 08:23:03 PM »
  Gentlemen: For the sake of an argument. You can't even be sure that's the right location from the media release's.  :chuckle:

Absolutely I agree. I was just throwing out a possibility thats all.  :sry: my bad lol!

Offline HighlandLofts

• Business Sponsor
  • Trade Count: (+19)
  • Sourdough
  • Groups: WAC,
« Reply #92 on: December 11, 2017, 08:26:05 PM »
Let the Indians have at all of them, They have the right to hunt and these predators are robbing them of their food source.
WAC
NRA
Walk Light, Carry A Big Stick, Never Walk Away. - Teddy Roosevelt
Don't Take Your Guns To Town.   Johnny Cash

Offline hunter399

• Old Salt
  • If you know me,then you know I give zero #&$@$
  • Groups: NRA RMEF
« Reply #93 on: December 11, 2017, 08:29:17 PM »

Sorry 5x5 my bad ,i just pride myself too much in being able to read maps quickly and correctly.I was thinking lake Ellen at first which is southeast of that ,and would be closer to reservation.

On another note I don't think it was native member ,They have better hunting on the reservation due to management.So they tend to stay on reservation.
I rather piss in the wind,then have piss down my back.

Offline hunter399

• Old Salt
« Reply #94 on: December 11, 2017, 08:29:59 PM »

Absolutely I agree. I was just throwing out a possibility thats all.  :sry: my bad lol!

Sorry 5x5 my bad ,i just pride myself too much in being able to read maps quickly and correctly.I was thinking lake Ellen at first which is southeast of that helps and would be closer to reservation.

On another note I don't think it was native member ,They have better hunting on the reservation due to management.So they tend to stay on reservation.

Offline mdbuck5x5

• Longhunter
« Reply #95 on: December 11, 2017, 08:37:24 PM »

Sorry 5x5 my bad ,i just pride myself too much in being able to read maps quickly and correctly.I was thinking lake Ellen at first which is southeast of that helps and would be closer to reservation.

It's all good man no worries 399.  :tup: Don't like to argue about these things unless it's with the anti's lol!

I just think it's funny the department is so quick to say it was a suspected poaching instead of investigating it first. Especially when it's entirely possible it's a legal kill. All they did was incite the wolf nuts!

« Last Edit: December 11, 2017, 08:43:23 PM by mdbuck5x5 »

Offline hunter399

• Old Salt
« Reply #96 on: December 11, 2017, 09:08:31 PM »

It's all good man no worries 399.  :tup: Don't like to argue about these things unless it's with the anti's lol!

I just think it's funny the department is so quick to say it was a suspected poaching instead of investigating it first. Especially when it's entirely possible it's a legal kill. All they did was incite the wolf nuts!

I agree there not giving exact location,very early could of been shot on reservation,I've had coyotes run a few miles when shot poorly before they die , So very possible.

Offline Reidus

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • Longhunter
« Reply #97 on: December 11, 2017, 10:06:50 PM »
Kind of reminds me of the "poached" sea lions in the trap below bonneville.

Offline CAMPMEAT

• CAMPMEAT
  • Explorer
  • I love my gun rights in Arizona..
« Reply #98 on: December 12, 2017, 10:03:09 AM »
This one was hanging around Boulder Pass for weeks. It had a collar on it too.. Then it was never seen again up there.. :tup:

I followed some wolves on little boulder, they were following a moose

just this week

Orient watershed area KF ?
I couldn't care less about what anybody says..............

Offline ribka

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Old Salt
  • That's what she said
« Reply #99 on: December 12, 2017, 10:30:08 AM »
The spokesman form CNW throwing hunters under the bus again

I'm shocked.

Offline JDHasty

• Past Sponsor
  • Trade Count: (+2)
  • Old Salt
  • Groups: NRA Benefactor Member, GOA Life Member, Father of 3 NRA Life Members
« Reply #100 on: December 12, 2017, 10:55:48 AM »

Offline Skyvalhunter

• Washington For Wildlife
  • Explorer
« Reply #101 on: December 12, 2017, 11:55:22 AM »
These clowns that upped the reward just do it for the publicity. Same as baiting that  poor excuse for a journalist that wrote that Spokane article about wolves not having any effect on ungulates.
The only man who never makes a mistake, is the man who never does anything!!
The further one goes into the wilderness, the greater the attraction of its lonely freedom.

Offline pianoman9701

• Mushroom Man
  • Business Sponsor
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • Legend
  • WWC, NRA Life, WFW, NAGR, RMEF, WSB, NMLS #2014743
    • www.facebook.com/johnwallacemortgage
    • Apply for a loan
« Reply #102 on: December 12, 2017, 11:59:20 AM »
These clowns that upped the reward just do it for the publicity. Same as baiting that  poor excuse for a journalist that wrote that Spokane article about wolves not having any effect on ungulates.

That was an AP article that was reprinted all over the country. No sources cited. Completely inaccurate information. Kind of makes you wonder who had them print it.
"Restricting the rights of law-abiding citizens based on the actions of criminals and madmen will have no positive effect on the future acts of criminals and madmen. It will only serve to reduce individual rights and the very security of our republic." - Pianoman

Offline wolfbait

• Site Sponsor
  • Old Salt
« Reply #103 on: December 12, 2017, 12:04:31 PM »
If I remember right, WDF&wolves claimed a female was poached a few years back, they had the last location of the collar somewhere in the P. Wilderness. When they found the wolf, they discovered it had some sort of growth in it's throat.

I don't think there was ever any correction in the papers about said wolf not being poached.

Offline HighlandLofts

• Business Sponsor
  • Trade Count: (+19)
  • Sourdough
  • Groups: WAC,
« Reply #104 on: December 12, 2017, 12:34:34 PM »
These people lie so much they can't keep their story straight because they have none, just a bunch of lies. One after another.
How ever these predators are meeting their maker, let it get more intense.
WAC
NRA
Walk Light, Carry A Big Stick, Never Walk Away. - Teddy Roosevelt
Don't Take Your Guns To Town.   Johnny Cash

* Advertisement

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal