collapse

Advertisement

Author Topic: 2 wolves shot NE Washington  (Read 23849 times)

Offline KFhunter

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Legend
2 wolves shot NE Washington
« on: December 09, 2017, 11:21:52 PM »
http://www.krem.com/tech/two-wolves-shot-dead-in-eastern-washington/498291888

Two wolves in Eastern Washington were killed in November, likely the victims of poaching.

The wolves were both females. At least one was killed in Stevens County.

According to state officials, the wolves were collared by the Washington Department of Fish and Wildlife. The collar on one of them had stopped working and wildlife officers checked the last known coordinate. They found the wolf shot dead.

“This is beyond sad and disappointing. We work so hard on a fair wolf recovery process that includes everyone so that there's local acceptance. So many interests have put so much into this effort. But one bad apple can do so much damage. It's an unjust irony that the term 'lone wolf' is applied to mass shooters,” said Conservation Northwest Executive Director Mitch Friedman.  :puke:

The wolves are members of the Smackout and Dirty Shirt packs.

WDFW currently has no leads for suspects. Conservation Northwest is also offering a $10,000 reward for information about the killings.

Offline Dan-o

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (+24)
  • Explorer
Re: 2 wolves shot NE Washington
« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2017, 11:30:38 PM »
I wonder how many wolves get illegally shot each year that aren't found......
Member:   Yakstrakgutp (or whatever we are)
I love the BFRO!!!
I wonder how many people will touch their nose to their screen trying to read this...

Offline KFhunter

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Legend
« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2017, 11:44:02 PM »
We all knew this would happen when they forced such a crapola wolf plan on us 

Mitch is referring to the "public acceptance" portion of the plan, it never had a chance to be accepted by the public - ever.

Offline Dan-o

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (+24)
  • Explorer
« Reply #3 on: December 09, 2017, 11:53:24 PM »
Yeah, that was an interesting perspective he expressed in the quote.   
Member:   Yakstrakgutp (or whatever we are)
I love the BFRO!!!
I wonder how many people will touch their nose to their screen trying to read this...

Offline Sitka_Blacktail

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Frontiersman
« Reply #4 on: December 10, 2017, 12:28:57 AM »

Hopefully lots

If you think any good will come out of this for hunters, you're crazy.  For starters, if it was a collared wolf, any data that might have been gained is lost. They won't be able to track the pack if none of the other wolves are collared.  Second, this act will paint all hunters in a bad light and people who would otherwise support hunters will turn against us. At this point, we need all the friends we can get. Third, it will delay any delisting possibility. Fourth, it may result in more restrictions on hunters.
A man who fears suffering is already suffering from what he fears. ~ Michel de Montaigne

Offline Duckslayer89

• Political & Covid-19 Topics
  • Trade Count: (+2)
  • Frontiersman
« Reply #5 on: December 10, 2017, 12:32:04 AM »

Hopefully lots

If you think any good will come out of this for hunters, you're crazy.  For starters, if it was a collared wolf, any data that might have been gained is lost. They won't be able to track the pack if none of the other wolves are collared.  Second, this act will paint all hunters in a bad light and people who would otherwise support hunters will turn against us. At this point, we need all the friends we can get. Third, it will delay any delisting possibility. Fourth, it may result in more restrictions on hunters.

How do they know it was illegal? Aren't the natives allowed to hunt them now?

Offline grundy53

• Global Moderator
  • Explorer
  • Learn something new everyday.
    • facebook
« Reply #6 on: December 10, 2017, 06:07:28 AM »

Hopefully lots

You actually think they plan on delisting? :chuckle:

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Molôn Labé
Can you skin Grizz?

The opinions expressed in my posts do not represent those of the forum.

Offline cem3434

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (+29)
  • Frontiersman
  • Groups: NRA, MDF, RMEF, NWTF, PF, RGS, WSF, WSTA
« Reply #7 on: December 10, 2017, 06:30:42 AM »
 :yeah: Only after they establish recognized packs in King County and start eating all of they yuppies pets or worse will conversations of delisting begin. Unfortunately we are not one of the western states that actually had a plan for managing wolves. My thought is thousands of wolves will be "illegally" killed because WDFW had a piss poor plan for re-establishing wolves, so why should they try and manage them any differently now? It's unfortunate that most of the stories surrounding wolves are put out there by the wolf supporters and no one actually knows the circumstances around why these wolves were killed. The perception from the wolf lovers is they were illegally killed, but this will continue to happen until they are delisted. :twocents:
The best friend a guy could have asked for. RIP chasing pheasants in heaven Denali girl.

Offline ironhead14

• Hunter
« Reply #8 on: December 10, 2017, 06:33:57 AM »
  Not enough!!!

Offline cutter

• Trade Count: (+10)
  • Pilgrim
« Reply #9 on: December 10, 2017, 06:50:20 AM »
Sitka Blacktail, why do you assume this has anything to do with hunters? I lived and worked around wolves for a few years and there are many excellent reasons to kill every one you see other than protecting deer, elk and moose. Most states had bounties on them when I was young because of the damage they do to the economic interests and safety of people and their property. These insane policies are made by arrogant urban liberals who have never logged, worked on ranches, mined or have done any other type of real work around these large predators that hunt in packs. The most aggravating aspect of it is that many of these people get there paychecks from the tax money taken from hard working Americans who are adversely affected by these policies.

Offline CAMPMEAT

• CAMPMEAT
  • Explorer
  • I love my gun rights in Arizona..
« Reply #10 on: December 10, 2017, 06:51:53 AM »
Why do guys on here always think it's a " hunter " and it's going to give said hunters a black eye ? There are others who own guns and do thrill killings to MAKE the hunters look bad. Just sayin'......... They are not hunters in my eyes.
I couldn't care less about what anybody says..............

Offline bigtex

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Explorer
« Reply #11 on: December 10, 2017, 08:03:52 AM »
Why do guys on here always think it's a " hunter " and it's going to give said hunters a black eye ? There are others who own guns and do thrill killings to MAKE the hunters look bad. Just sayin'......... They are not hunters in my eyes.
Because most of the time it is.

The vast majority of poaching is done by people who have had licenses in the past. Very rarely is it some dude with a gun and he's never had a hunting license.

Does it make hunters look bad? Absolutely! The public sees poaching as a direct result of "bad" hunters. And people on here can say well who cares about the general public, well when it makes the news, you better care about the general public.

Offline ribka

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Old Salt
  • That's what she said
« Reply #12 on: December 10, 2017, 08:04:37 AM »
X2

And when did a self avowed  eco terrorist like Mitch Friedman , who has zero background in wildlife management, suddenly become an expert on wolves?

Putting spikes in publically owned trees for 20 years,  that injured loggers and destroyed trees,  suddenly makes you an instant wildlife management expert? Why does the state even listen to this whacko?

Only in looney Washington

Sitka Blacktail, why do you assume this has anything to do with hunters? I lived and worked around wolves for a few years and there are many excellent reasons to kill every one you see other than protecting deer, elk and moose. Most states had bounties on them when I was young because of the damage they do to the economic interests and safety of people and their property. These insane policies are made by arrogant urban liberals who have never logged, worked on ranches, mined or have done any other type of real work around these large predators that hunt in packs. The most aggravating aspect of it is that many of these people get there paychecks from the tax money taken from hard working Americans who are adversely affected by these policies.

Offline ribka

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Old Salt
  • That's what she said
« Reply #13 on: December 10, 2017, 08:06:44 AM »

When the indians shoot wolves, does that make them look bad too? :dunno:

Does Mitch the eco terrorist come out in the press and condemn them too? :chuckle:

The vast majority of poaching is done by people who have had licenses in the past. Very rarely is it some dude with a gun and he's never had a hunting license.

Does it make hunters look bad? Absolutely! The public sees poaching as a direct result of "bad" hunters. And people on here can say well who cares about the general public, well when it makes the news, you better care about the general public.

Offline olyguy79

• Scout
« Reply #14 on: December 10, 2017, 08:08:17 AM »

:yeah: Exactly

* Advertisement

* Recent Topics

Let’s see your best Washington buck by high_hunter
[Yesterday at 10:31:08 PM]

Bearpaw Season - Spring 2024 by actionshooter
[Yesterday at 09:43:51 PM]

Walked a cougar down by MADMAX
[Yesterday at 08:31:53 PM]

Which 12” boat trailer tires? by timberhunter
[Yesterday at 08:22:18 PM]

Lowest power 22 round? by JakeLand