collapse

Advertisement

Author Topic: Professinal shotgun cleaning for benelli  (Read 1024 times)

Offline chuckster

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Tracker
Professinal shotgun cleaning for benelli
« on: December 11, 2017, 02:55:20 PM »
I have a benelli sbe1 that has had 13 or 14 very hard waterfowl seasons under its belt since I bought it new. I have shot 1000,s of rounds though it no clue how many but a lot. Its been heavily used the camo is all wearing off big time were my hands go. I fully disable it and clean it a few times a year am sure not as much as I should but its a benelli it just keeps chugging along. I have however never removed the recoil spring in the butt stock and cant not imagine how dirty it must be in there. I dont want to do this my self has anyone got a professional cleaning done at a gun smith on a semi auto shotgun. What about do you think that would cost and should I have the recoil spring replaced at the time. The other question I have is should I not worry about it the gun never misfires or jams. Should I wait till it starts to have problems befor I mess with the spring. I just don't want to get a new spring and find out its not as good as the original and start having problems. 

Offline Buckewe

• Political & Covid-19 Topics
  • Trade Count: (+3)
  • Scout
Re: Professinal shotgun cleaning for benelli
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2017, 03:04:24 PM »
Look up some YouTube videos and you can do it yourself. It's not hard.  I would look at the wolf recoil spring if you want to replace it.
Blacktail lives matter

Offline chuckster

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Tracker
« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2017, 04:10:41 PM »
I watch the benelli youtube video on taking it apart. The video was done with a sbe2 and he just pull off the butt pad it seems like my sbe1 butt is screwed in. Is that the case.

Offline Badhabit

• Political & Covid-19 Topics
  • Trade Count: (+1)
  • Sourdough
« Reply #3 on: December 11, 2017, 05:31:11 PM »
Order up from Midway the Wolfe 25% heavier recoil spring and swap the original out. You'll need a friend to help hold the assembly or a vise to hold it. After you have it secure you'll need to heat it as from the factory they locktited the end nut in. Not that hard to do.

Offline Come Get Some

• Business Sponsor
  • Trade Count: (+10)
  • Longhunter
« Reply #4 on: December 11, 2017, 07:21:23 PM »
Give me a call if you want. I have done all of mine. I can walk you thru it.Jim 253-606-5517

* Advertisement

* Recent Topics

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal