collapse

Advertisement

Author Topic: Aladdin moose hunt  (Read 3706 times)

Offline Randysonia

• Pelvic Splitter
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Tracker
Aladdin moose hunt
« on: December 13, 2017, 07:29:13 AM »
Jared Oyster and Dana Base,  Just want to say thanks for all the info you gave me on my moose hunt in unit 111 Aladdin. I did harvest a bull after seeing only two moose. I got it up Aspen creek at the start of the DNR land on Nov. 25th. It had one antler broken off but the other side measured 18 inches. I took the head down here in Yakima to the fish and game headquarters so they could check it. They didn’t even want to see it. I got the feeling they didn’t even want me around. Makes me wonder what these people actually do. Especially here in Yakima when our deer and elk population has gone down to just about nothing. Maybe they have just given up in this state. So after 22 years of applying I finally got drawn. Did everything right, harvest my moose and nobody even wanted to check me. It’s sad to see the population of our deer, moose, elk, and caribou drop to extreme levels. It’s hurting many people and businesses. Especially the Sportsman! The state needs to bring back hound hunting for cougars, get rid of the wolf, and especially here in Yakima they need to make the Native American hunt by the rules of the state like everybody else does. I know what the treaty says and it needs to be modified or changed. The deer and elk in Yakima are being slaughtered. It’s not fair for the sportsman to have to pay to support the animals and then have someone else slaughter them. Everybody knows these thing I mentioned would work but when you have very rich activist groups, they get what they want. Sad!
Again, thanks for all you did for me. My family and I had fun hunting moose. Oh yes, I saw a lot more wolf sign than anything else. It seems like things are out of balance to me. We will be hunting Idaho next year until things change here in Washington, but I really think that’s what this state wants.

Kenneth Rosenkranz
« Last Edit: December 13, 2017, 12:37:02 PM by Randysonia »

Offline mathewsbow4elk

• Pilgrim
Re: Aladdin moose hunt
« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2017, 07:52:20 AM »
Sad state of affairs isn't it?

Offline Maverick

• Washington For Wildlife
  • Sourdough
« Reply #2 on: December 13, 2017, 10:49:28 AM »
couldn't agree more with you randy

Offline Buckblaster

• Scout
  • 2015 Wyoming Moose
« Reply #3 on: December 13, 2017, 12:32:02 PM »
Glad to hear that you got your moose, they sure are tasty.  Congrats.
NRA Life Member

"The people will not understand the importance of the Second Amendment until it is too late."
Thomas Jefferson

Online bigmacc

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Frontiersman
« Reply #4 on: December 13, 2017, 05:49:07 PM »
Jared Oyster and Dana Base,  Just want to say thanks for all the info you gave me on my moose hunt in unit 111 Aladdin. I did harvest a bull after seeing only two moose. I got it up Aspen creek at the start of the DNR land on Nov. 25th. It had one antler broken off but the other side measured 18 inches. I took the head down here in Yakima to the fish and game headquarters so they could check it. They didn’t even want to see it. I got the feeling they didn’t even want me around. Makes me wonder what these people actually do. Especially here in Yakima when our deer and elk population has gone down to just about nothing. Maybe they have just given up in this state. So after 22 years of applying I finally got drawn. Did everything right, harvest my moose and nobody even wanted to check me. It’s sad to see the population of our deer, moose, elk, and caribou drop to extreme levels. It’s hurting many people and businesses. Especially the Sportsman! The state needs to bring back hound hunting for cougars, get rid of the wolf, and especially here in Yakima they need to make the Native American hunt by the rules of the state like everybody else does. I know what the treaty says and it needs to be modified or changed. The deer and elk in Yakima are being slaughtered. It’s not fair for the sportsman to have to pay to support the animals and then have someone else slaughter them. Everybody knows these thing I mentioned would work but when you have very rich activist groups, they get what they want. Sad!
Again, thanks for all you did for me. My family and I had fun hunting moose. Oh yes, I saw a lot more wolf sign than anything else. It seems like things are out of balance to me. We will be hunting Idaho next year until things change here in Washington, but I really think that’s what this state wants.

Kenneth Rosenkranz

Congratulations on your moose and a  :tup: for all who helped this fella. Great post Randysonia and I,m afraid you may be right that our game herds may have taken a back seat to "the other" animals out there, I think we are and have been seeing it pretty much state wide for some years now.

Offline WA hunter14

• Longhunter
« Reply #5 on: December 13, 2017, 06:29:51 PM »
Indians and wolves rape the land here in idaho too.

Offline Axle

• Sourdough
« Reply #6 on: December 13, 2017, 06:51:39 PM »
It’s sad to see the population of our deer, moose, elk, and caribou drop to extreme levels. It’s hurting many people and businesses. Especially the Sportsman! The state needs to bring back hound hunting for cougars, get rid of the wolf, and especially here in Yakima they need to make the Native American hunt by the rules of the state like everybody else does.

Ya but keep in mind - it's the wolf lover's dream come true to see this.
I am the man what runs with the football: Jerry Clower

Offline dscubame

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Frontiersman
  • 2013 Idaho Elk Hunt
« Reply #7 on: December 13, 2017, 08:05:59 PM »
Dude!  You drew a OIL moose permit where 99 or so percent never will!
« Last Edit: December 14, 2017, 06:54:59 AM by dscubame »
It's a TIKKA thing..., you may not understand.

Eyes in the Woods.   ' '

Offline dscubame

• Frontiersman
  • 2013 Idaho Elk Hunt
« Reply #8 on: December 13, 2017, 08:10:24 PM »
And I damn near live in Aladdin the month of November and had a triple, two double, and a few single brow tine moose within a hundred all month.  And so many cows.  With that said congrats on your draw and your harvest, not to take anything away from that at all; respectable.

Eyes in the Woods.   ' '

Online hunter399

• Political & Covid-19 Topics
  • Old Salt
  • If you know me,then you know I give zero #&$@$
  • Groups: NRA RMEF
« Reply #9 on: December 13, 2017, 08:15:00 PM »
Sweet-congrats,Is that the moose you got in your avatar pic.
I rather piss in the wind,then have piss down my back.

Offline Randysonia

• Pelvic Splitter
  • Tracker
« Reply #10 on: December 14, 2017, 06:29:52 AM »
I did live in the Aladdin unit for the month of Nov. I passed up a cow on the evening of the 24th and got my bull on the 25th. They were the first two Moose I have seen in the unit. Everybody except 1 vehicle I talked to and there were many of them never saw a moose. Even with all the fresh snow, there were but just a few tracks. Everybody said the moose are disappearing along with the whitetail and caribou and that seems to be proven true. Damn, I should have been hunting with dscubame ( Washington for Wildlife) since all the Moose were with him where ever that was.  Sounds like a bunch of BULL! Moose that is! :tup:
« Last Edit: December 14, 2017, 06:57:57 AM by Randysonia »

Offline dscubame

• Frontiersman
  • 2013 Idaho Elk Hunt
« Reply #11 on: December 14, 2017, 06:54:31 AM »
There is a wolf pack in there that I believe has been taking a toll.  Had the pack one night within a hundred yards of my tent and howling like crazy.  When you hear wolves howling there is no question what it is.  Very cool but at the same time unsettling. 

I gave a guy on here last year the coordinates of these moose and wish I would have done the same for you as I would love to see a guy take this triple rather than a wolf pack.  Last year we picked up one shed from this big boy unfortunately it was a hunting buddy who found it not me.  I am still looking and hopeful since this is a new year.

Generally speaking I do solidly believe there are less moose in the NE but for some reason this area I go to for late whitetail remains thick with them.

Eyes in the Woods.   ' '

Offline MooseZ25

• Hunter
« Reply #12 on: December 14, 2017, 06:57:06 AM »
Good job on your harvest :tup: You are right on about the ungulate population on the decline.  It is a sad state of affairs for sure.  I have lived and hunted in the tri-county area my whole life and this is by far the worst it has been with no help in site. :bash: 
Live Every Day To The Fullest

Offline dscubame

• Frontiersman
  • 2013 Idaho Elk Hunt
« Reply #13 on: December 14, 2017, 08:31:39 AM »
I apologize for being sort of a jerk.  I'll send you the coordinates in a bit, heading to the office now.  4 different coordinates with four different moose and they don't seem to stray too far since they are there year after year.

Eyes in the Woods.   ' '

Offline bighorn1

• Hunter
« Reply #14 on: December 14, 2017, 09:53:23 AM »
I rode around with Bearpaw there looking for Ber we saw some moose but in almost every muddy spot there were wolf tracks.

* Advertisement

* Recent Topics

Springer 2024 Columbia River by WSU
[Today at 08:31:10 AM]

Average by lhrbull
[Today at 07:31:56 AM]

Let’s see your best Washington buck by Pathfinder101
[Today at 07:22:11 AM]

Walked a cougar down by Loup Loup
[Today at 07:16:30 AM]

CVA optima V2 LR tapped hole for front sight by Remdawg
[Today at 07:09:22 AM]