collapse

Advertisement

Author Topic: WDFW needs your help  (Read 6625 times)

Offline goosegunner

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Hunter
Re: WDFW needs your help
« Reply #30 on: January 04, 2018, 11:58:02 AM »
My guess is shot and dumped. Years ago, on another forum, an avid waterfowl hunter reported finding a large box of unprocessed ducks dumped in the marsh near Potholes. Over my waterfowl hunting time in WA, I've run into a significant number of duck hunters who love to hunt ducks, but not eat them. Those that don't pop up with the "gave them to my hunting partner" excuse; became evasive about what happened to their harvest.

Sadly, all those ducks in the story are good eating ducks. Unfortunately, many over cook their ducks and turn them into "stinky liver" and thus, they are turned off to eating them. Also, sadly since moving to E.WA, I've encountered numerous hunters who never eat anything from deer to ducks to quail to pheasants that they shoot. "I ate so much of that growing up...that I can't stand it..."  My 80 some year old neighbor feels the (social?) need to harvest a buck nearly every year, but never eats it. In his case, he does give the deer to a friend to eat.

Finally a voice of reason. I to know there are lots of people out there who enjoy the hunt and the killing when it comes to waterfowl and don't eat what they harvest. let them sit in there garage for a few days and then end up tossing them in the trash because they didn't get them cleaned in time. pisses me off to know end. Those birds were bagged and dumped, they didn't fall off a tailgate or blow out.

Offline Curly

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Legend
« Reply #31 on: January 04, 2018, 12:00:01 PM »
I also believe they were dumped and didn't simply fall off of a truck.  But what I find strange is where they dumped them.  Why dump them right by the WDFW office?  :dunno:
May I always be the kind of person my dog thinks I am.

><((((º>` ><((((º>. ><((((º>.¸><((((º>

Offline 2MANY

• Political & Covid-19 Topics
  • Trade Count: (+3)
  • Frontiersman
« Reply #32 on: January 04, 2018, 12:02:33 PM »
Perhaps they figured it was the safest place because no one shows up to work there anyway.  :dunno:

Offline goosegunner

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Hunter
« Reply #33 on: January 04, 2018, 12:03:11 PM »
just saw this post in the Nisqually pigs thread. Pretty much sums it up.

Todays duck hunters are slobs. I see it EVERYDAY! I own 50ac. next to public hunting. Skybusting, overlimit, trash floating in to my place, trespassing, shooting from road, etc. Todays "ducking hunting" is ALL about numbers and Facebook likes. Whackem, stackem, flies it dies, brown its down, doing it dirty. Thank you social media and lack of Dads. If you spawn'em teach'em

* Advertisement

* Recent Topics

Let’s see your best Washington buck by high_hunter
[Yesterday at 10:31:08 PM]

Bearpaw Season - Spring 2024 by actionshooter
[Yesterday at 09:43:51 PM]

Walked a cougar down by MADMAX
[Yesterday at 08:31:53 PM]

Which 12” boat trailer tires? by timberhunter
[Yesterday at 08:22:18 PM]

Lowest power 22 round? by JakeLand
[Yesterday at 08:06:13 PM]