collapse
Sound like the real thing! Extreme Elk Magazine

Author Topic: More blood and guts  (Read 7530 times)

Online Duckslayer89

• Off-Topics
  • Trade Count: (+1)
  • Frontiersman
More blood and guts
« Reply #150 on: January 06, 2018, 07:29:45 PM »
I would hunt year around if I could but not at the bait station aka feed lot.  It would result in one dead elk every 1.5 years as that is what my family consumes.

Me too.

Until I realized I could make deer and elk a maistsy of my diet. I probably wouldn't eat much beef again. My family could go through at least a few deer and an elk in a year.

Come to think of it my mom would probably thing having a deer and elk in her freezer was nice too so I could get her some as well.

It's real easy for my to see how one person shoots multiple animals a year.
There's more than a few on here that travel to three or more states a year killing elk in all three as well as deer.  But they also have to report harvests so numbers can be used for management.

In a perfect world there would be record but hunting without a license year round makes data gathering difficult. I also don't like the stories I hear of animals being sold or of waste of meat, but I think the taking of multiple animals at a time or over the course of a year is more understandable than outrageous.

My cousin worked as a prison guard in Orofino Idaho for 20+ years and use to clean up the reservation houses on projects. Said there would be stacks of rotten untouched carcuses in the backyards of these homes. Stewards of the land my -
« Last Edit: January 09, 2018, 08:27:11 PM by jackelope »

Offline ribka

• Off-Topics
  • Trade Count: (+1)
  • Old Salt
  • That's what she said
More blood and guts
« Reply #151 on: January 06, 2018, 09:10:29 PM »
I would hunt year around if I could but not at the bait station aka feed lot.  It would result in one dead elk every 1.5 years as that is what my family consumes.

Me too.

Until I realized I could make deer and elk a maistsy of my diet. I probably wouldn't eat much beef again. My family could go through at least a few deer and an elk in a year.

Come to think of it my mom would probably thing having a deer and elk in her freezer was nice too so I could get her some as well.

It's real easy for my to see how one person shoots multiple animals a year.
There's more than a few on here that travel to three or more states a year killing elk in all three as well as deer.  But they also have to report harvests so numbers can be used for management.

In a perfect world there would be record but hunting without a license year round makes data gathering difficult. I also don't like the stories I hear of animals being sold or of waste of meat, but I think the taking of multiple animals at a time or over the course of a year is more understandable than outrageous.

My cousin worked as a prison guard in Orofino Idaho for 20+ years and use to clean up the reservation houses on projects. Said there would be stacks of rotten untouched carcuses in the backyards of these homes. Stewards of the land my -.

i grew up next to a chippewa rez in NW WI and used to play on rez

Revealing how dogs, horses and sometimes children are treated , plus the game wastage, - Take a drive out sometimes on the special land and let your eyes and ears take in what is really happening -real shame

replying to your stewards of the land remark
« Last Edit: January 09, 2018, 08:27:42 PM by jackelope »

ElkNut Outdoor Productions

* Recent Topics

.17 HMR, Thoughts? by Oh Mah
[Today at 12:34:10 AM]

Cougar Chills by bowhunterforever
[Today at 12:16:50 AM]

Whats everyone tinkering with these days? by JJB11B
[Yesterday at 11:37:41 PM]

Input on Browning x-bolt hells canyon by Magnum_Willys
[Yesterday at 11:24:26 PM]