collapse

Advertisement

Author Topic: More blood and guts  (Read 52568 times)

Offline ribka

• Political & Covid-19 Topics
  • Trade Count: (+3)
  • Old Salt
  • That's what she said
Re: More blood and guts
« Reply #45 on: January 01, 2018, 11:07:25 AM »

"in common with"

That’s the huge part missed in most of this

:tup:

Ive helped Yaks in the past get out cow elk in the Wenas so most of us aren't just bashing them for the sake of bashing.Its about our shared resources. That was almost 10 years ago. Now cow tags are down I think about 80 per cent up in 342 340 in 2017 and deer numbers are way down so am not so apt to help out. And more and more wolves are coming into the stressed Yakima herd

No problem helping someone stuck get out. That is an unwritten rule up in the mountains. No doubt naches would stop to help someone

I had some issues in the past when wdfw was allowing muckleshoots to hunt elk up in the Nile during late archery. It was a schit show. The mucks were jumping of trucks and shooting down in the canyons at groups of running elk and there were bow hunters  was one of them)  hunting down in those same canyons. The mucks knew this and were purposefully doing this endangering hunters. I was was one of them and heard bullets flying past me.I hiked out and called YSO to stop it. The mucks were just laughing.

so much for working together. I dont think the Yakamas would ever do this

Offline JM

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Scout
« Reply #46 on: January 01, 2018, 11:42:08 AM »
I'm going to leave this here and say no white guy will specifically drive to the Nile feeding station to shoot elk in the daylight.

If a white guy poaches deer or elk on public land this time of year, he does it at night unless it is in his own yard.

You guys do know that it's not just white people that hunt public ground.

I'm white, but it makes this thread sound kind of ignorant when I keep reading about white people vs natives.

I don't know why you need to see pictures? We've all seen dead deer and elk and we all know that this goes on, the real unfortunate thing is that we live next to one of the greediest tribes in the state if not country and they do whatever they want whenever they want and don't give any thought to where the majority of the funding for these resources is coming from. The Yakamas have done a lot for the salmon and steelhead, but they are raping and pillaging our deer and elk herds without a second thought.

I know of a guy that was in a meeting with the Yakamas about the Muckleshoot tribe coming over the pass and hunting. In that meeting one of the Yakama elders told the whole meeting that the Yaks will have to shoot every deer and elk so that the Muckleshoots won't come over and hunt their ceded land. That kind of sums up the thought process that goes on over there. I'm not saying that all of them are like this, but the ones that are have branded natives with a horrible reputation in most of the outdoor communities

Online trophyhunt

• Forum Sponsor
  • Trade Count: (+11)
  • Explorer
  • Groups: Wa Wild Sheep Life Member
« Reply #47 on: January 01, 2018, 12:04:59 PM »
I'm going to leave this here and say no white guy will specifically drive to the Nile feeding station to shoot elk in the daylight.

If a white guy poaches deer or elk on public land this time of year, he does it at night unless it is in his own yard.

You guys do know that it's not just white people that hunt public ground.

I'm white, but it makes this thread sound kind of ignorant when I keep reading about white people vs natives.

I don't know why you need to see pictures? We've all seen dead deer and elk and we all know that this goes on, the real unfortunate thing is that we live next to one of the greediest tribes in the state if not country and they do whatever they want whenever they want and don't give any thought to where the majority of the funding for these resources is coming from. The Yakamas have done a lot for the salmon and steelhead, but they are raping and pillaging our deer and elk herds without a second thought.

I know of a guy that was in a meeting with the Yakamas about the Muckleshoot tribe coming over the pass and hunting. In that meeting one of the Yakama elders told the whole meeting that the Yaks will have to shoot every deer and elk so that the Muckleshoots won't come over and hunt their ceded land. That kind of sums up the thought process that goes on over there. I'm not saying that all of them are like this, but the ones that are have branded natives with a horrible reputation in most of the outdoor communities
sounds like at least one of the elders has the same idea as a couple of us on here, open the season up to all, kill everything so they have to deal with us.  Interesting!  And a great idea!!
“In common with”..... not so much!!

Offline Green broke

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Scout
« Reply #48 on: January 01, 2018, 08:07:10 PM »
Wish I lived closer, I’d video what’s going on in the feed station.  If someone has pics and or video they should send it to the local news and don’t mention natives, they’ll probably report it as poaching by white hunters.
If you want to paint hunting in a poor light with your media blitz, expect reciprocation. It would not be a tall task to video and document some bad behavior during the state season.  Think for a second about demographics and the state where we live.  I'm sure all the bleeding hearts you want to contact would love to see non true spikes left to rot and your WDFW would love to hang sportsman out to dry and pile it on.

Online trophyhunt

• Forum Sponsor
  • Explorer
« Reply #49 on: January 01, 2018, 08:19:00 PM »
Wish I lived closer, I’d video what’s going on in the feed station.  If someone has pics and or video they should send it to the local news and don’t mention natives, they’ll probably report it as poaching by white hunters.
If you want to paint hunting in a poor light with your media blitz, expect reciprocation. It would not be a tall task to video and document some bad behavior during the state season.  Think for a second about demographics and the state where we live.  I'm sure all the bleeding hearts you want to contact would love to see non true spikes left to rot and your WDFW would love to hang sportsman out to dry and pile it on.
trust me, we would be on the same side if you had a chance to video non natives poaching. When ever there are non natives caught poaching it’s all over this forum, which is good.

Offline Green broke

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Scout
« Reply #50 on: January 01, 2018, 08:25:22 PM »
trust me, we would be on the same side if you had a chance to video non natives poaching. When ever there are non natives caught poaching it’s all over this forum, which is good.
TheYakamas are legally hunting, not poaching. 

Offline h20hunter

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • Legend
« Reply #51 on: January 01, 2018, 08:31:12 PM »
Slaughtering. Not hunting.  Fish in a barrel.

Offline Dan-o

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (+24)
  • Explorer
« Reply #52 on: January 01, 2018, 09:07:42 PM »
TheYakamas are legally hunting, not poaching.

Green Broke is right.

People don't need to like it, but there is a world of difference between poaching and hunting a legal season. 

Heck, I don't like that some White people own thousands of acres and get to hunt their own private dream land (and get depredation permits for over the Winter) but that doesn't make it poaching.   They were just born with a different birthright than me.
Member:   Yakstrakgutp (or whatever we are)
I love the BFRO!!!
I wonder how many people will touch their nose to their screen trying to read this...

Offline cryder

• relic01
  • Longhunter
  • elk down
« Reply #53 on: January 02, 2018, 06:10:22 AM »
Say it AGAIN ! HUH ? OH ! O K ! One day we will all end up on the same and last legal trail left to hunt , we will all cross paths and realize it is over as we liked it , and will realize it's time to turn the page . Turn  ( your ) missle launchers , muzzies , crime guns , and bows into just plinking toys , man was never meant to be meat eaters anyways so we will then be victims of fish n feathers and full circle reality the more I get out there the more ahead of the inevitable knee buckling bender curve ball that we all no is comeing , the count is 3 n 2 and it's time to give it your best swing , before the clown we elected finds a profitable motion to take it away 🤣😂😂😂  j ( just kiddn ? ) Don't wanna light any fires , well at the risk of repeating myself again I'll stop thinking , anyways , everybody , welcome back from the sindacated financial season , and until the next walk of shame to the tag counter , Happy Easter ? Or is that the stride of pride ? U decide 😂😂🤡🤡
loction location location ! perzackly !

Offline Skyvalhunter

• Washington For Wildlife
  • Explorer
« Reply #54 on: January 02, 2018, 06:35:51 AM »
Same issue every year. Unless something is done about it they are going to evoke "Their Right". It's just sad that they feel the need to do it in such a defenseless area.
The only man who never makes a mistake, is the man who never does anything!!
The further one goes into the wilderness, the greater the attraction of its lonely freedom.

Offline MarkTrail

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Tracker
  • Groups: Rmef,NRA,mdf
« Reply #55 on: January 02, 2018, 07:02:07 AM »
Dan-o, your comparison to large private landowners is a joke right? Birthright? Wow, as a landowner with "special rules" I am allowed one deer with regular state tag and another with my special depredation kill permit. With that privilege I have to pay property, sales, income tax etc.
   You people who do not live in the general areas will never understand. I can assure you that the Washington sportsman is not harvesting 50% of the branch bulls. The "natives" are killing way more than we legally harvest. The huge reduction in cow tags was certainly not in response to winter kill. I hike our mountains way more than the average person and I found very few winter kills. Get your heads out of the sand people this a bad situation getting worst.
   I could and do rant forever but I will leave you intelligent supporters with one thought. How many deer, elk are the tribes killing? I will answer for you, don't know! They have no accountability towards management. Zero reporting or limits. Just consider it unlimited gov tags everyday.
   Legal poaching! That's what it is...

Online trophyhunt

• Forum Sponsor
  • Explorer
« Reply #56 on: January 02, 2018, 07:13:51 AM »
Dan-o, your comparison to large private landowners is a joke right? Birthright? Wow, as a landowner with "special rules" I am allowed one deer with regular state tag and another with my special depredation kill permit. With that privilege I have to pay property, sales, income tax etc.
   You people who do not live in the general areas will never understand. I can assure you that the Washington sportsman is not harvesting 50% of the branch bulls. The "natives" are killing way more than we legally harvest. The huge reduction in cow tags was certainly not in response to winter kill. I hike our mountains way more than the average person and I found very few winter kills. Get your heads out of the sand people this a bad situation getting worst.
   I could and do rant forever but I will leave you intelligent supporters with one thought. How many deer, elk are the tribes killing? I will answer for you, don't know! They have no accountability towards management. Zero reporting or limits. Just consider it unlimited gov tags everyday.
"BOOM"  :yeah: :yeah: :yeah: :yeah: :yeah: :yeah: :yeah: :yeah: :yeah:  Perfectly said!!!!

Offline Duckslayer89

• Political & Covid-19 Topics
  • Trade Count: (+2)
  • Frontiersman
« Reply #57 on: January 02, 2018, 07:23:57 AM »
"BOOM"  :yeah: :yeah: :yeah: :yeah: :yeah: :yeah: :yeah: :yeah: :yeah:  Perfectly said!!!!

I'm ashamed I even play the point game! I can't wait to draw so I never put another dime into their programs. I've been applying for easy stuff. Luckily antlerless deer is zeroed out. Onto everything else now

Offline Skyvalhunter

• Washington For Wildlife
  • Explorer
« Reply #58 on: January 02, 2018, 07:37:28 AM »
I am thinking there is a wolf in sheep's cl0othing trying to make us believe its not just legalized poaching.
The only man who never makes a mistake, is the man who never does anything!!
The further one goes into the wilderness, the greater the attraction of its lonely freedom.

Offline JM

• Scout
« Reply #59 on: January 02, 2018, 08:49:50 AM »

I agree with you 110% on everything that you said except for the reduced # of cow tags. I can only speak for the Cowiche unit, but the main reason for the reduced number of cow tags for 368 is due to the number of cows harvested with depredation permits. I sure as hell can't be upset though because I was one of the people that put a depredation tag on a cow in January. The real dumb thing about this is that the elk being harvested on these permits in the Cowiche are either from the Rez herds or from the local herd from behind the store. Like I said earlier I can only speak for the Cowiche unit.

* Advertisement

* Recent Topics

10th Annual - 2024 YOUTH TURKEY HUNT CONTEST (enter by Mar 14) by bearpaw
[Yesterday at 11:27:12 PM]

World Record Archery Blacktail by huntnnw
[Yesterday at 10:09:06 PM]

Let’s see your best Washington bull by huntnnw
[Yesterday at 10:06:34 PM]

Fishing with kids in Wenatchee by HardCorpsHuntr
[Yesterday at 10:03:34 PM]

Let’s see your best Washington buck by jjhunter
[Yesterday at 09:12:44 PM]