collapse

Advertisement

Author Topic: Long Range Heavy Bullet Rifle Help?  (Read 31825 times)

Offline Biggerhammer

• Political & Covid-19 Topics
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Old Salt
  • Powder, primer, bullet JUNKIE.
Re: Long Range Heavy Bullet Rifle Help?
« Reply #60 on: January 03, 2018, 09:44:52 PM »
Their not "YOUR" carbons.

*censored*.  Are Rbros "Rogue" actions "their" actions?  Same thing here.

Mike

No! Their defiance. I've just never heard a smith of mine spinning up a barrel I sent him. Rather it be one of the following call it his barrel.

Mike Rock
Krieger
Shilen
Hart
Schneider
Obermeyer
Lilja

Offline MichaelJ

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Frontiersman
    • www.facebook.com/hellscanyonarmory
« Reply #61 on: January 03, 2018, 09:45:35 PM »

Mike

No!

Can you get "MY" barrels from someone other than myself?

Mike
Hells Canyon Armory Custom Rifles
https://www.facebook.com/HellsCanyonArmory/
HCARifles@gmail.com

Offline MichaelJ

• Frontiersman
« Reply #62 on: January 03, 2018, 09:49:23 PM »
Their not "YOUR" Carbin's, you spin them . The brush wasn't too broad it was spot on. I understand your position, it $$$ . I'm in business for myself. The bottom line is the bottom line. Which is $$$$$. Spin them up, sell them. Just don't over rate them.👍

Typical emotional response backed up by zero experience or knowledge of subject.  I tried to be civil and presented a very clear path as to the scientific facts of CF wrapped barrels and what/is making a difference is different barrels.  But you're obviously correct because you "called someone" and they told you about it.

Mike
HCARifles@gmail.com

Offline Karl Blanchard

• Trade Count: (+22)
  • Explorer
  • Jonathan_S hunting apparel prostaff
  • Groups: Sitka Gear Fan Boy for LIFE
« Reply #63 on: January 03, 2018, 09:50:49 PM »

Mike

No!

Mike
the answer would be no.  No you can not.  I've put some extensive shot strings through my 300 and I know crabcreekhunter has as well.  They will not open up and that barrel dumps heat fast! 
It is foolish and wrong to mourn these men.  Rather, we should thank god that such men lived.  -General George S. Patton

Aaron's Profile:  http://hunting-washington.com/smf/index.php?action=profile;u=2875
Aaron's Posts:  http://hunting-washington.com/smf/index.php?action=profile;area=showposts;u=2875
Aaron's Facebook:  https://www.facebook.com/aaron.blanchard.94

Offline Biggerhammer

• Old Salt
« Reply #64 on: January 03, 2018, 09:52:06 PM »

Mike

No!

Mike

Everything is rebranded. You weren't carbon fiber wrapping barrels out by Malaga WA.

Once you know and are involved in the industry. People would be amazed at what comes off the same machines or from the same companies. Just with someone else's name stamped on it or better yet no name at all.

Offline Biggerhammer

• Old Salt
« Reply #65 on: January 03, 2018, 09:54:08 PM »
Their not "YOUR" Carbin's, you spin them . The brush wasn't too broad it was spot on. I understand your position, it $$$ . I'm in business for myself. The bottom line is the bottom line. Which is $$$$$. Spin them up, sell them. Just don't over rate them.👍

Typical emotional response backed up by zero experience or knowledge of subject.  I tried to be civil and presented a very clear path as to the scientific facts of CF wrapped barrels and what/is making a difference is different barrels.  But you're obviously correct because you "called someone" and they told you about it.

Mike

Sure that's it! Your response was emotional. Mine was fact. You enjoy your evening.

Offline MichaelJ

• Frontiersman
« Reply #66 on: January 03, 2018, 09:57:42 PM »

Everything is rebranded. You weren't carbon fiber wrapping barrels out by Malaga WA.

Once you know and are involved in the industry. People would be amazed at what comes off the same machines or from the same companies. Just with someone else's name stamped on it or better yet no name at all.

Again, broad brush bud. Just because it’s not spec’d and produced in my shop, doesn’t mean I haven’t been working hand in hand with a composites company/engineer for 5+ years developing these barrels.

And I do receive/QC/machine blanks as well as finish out barrels in house. But the bulk of the work is done by a company I contract out to wrap my blanks.

Here’s an MTU contour I’m finishing out right now to send to my Canadian distributor.

A mix of finished and unfinished HCA blanks waiting to be chambered or finished and sent to customers.

Tell me again how these aren’t my Barrel?

Mike

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
HCARifles@gmail.com

Offline Biggerhammer

• Old Salt
« Reply #67 on: January 03, 2018, 09:58:57 PM »
Awesome! Guess I'm just used to hearing. My, my, my from my 10 year old daughter.😊

Offline Eric M

• WA State Trappers Association
  • Sourdough
« Reply #68 on: January 03, 2018, 10:03:56 PM »
Some good stuff right here

Offline Karl Blanchard

• Explorer
« Reply #69 on: January 03, 2018, 10:05:21 PM »
So I'm still trying to put the pieces together here.  You haven't actually used one of Mike's barrels but you can state with absolute certainty that what you say about C.F. barrels is pure fact? 
It is foolish and wrong to mourn these men.  Rather, we should thank god that such men lived.  -General George S. Patton

Aaron's Profile:  http://hunting-washington.com/smf/index.php?action=profile;u=2875
Aaron's Posts:  http://hunting-washington.com/smf/index.php?action=profile;area=showposts;u=2875

Offline Biggerhammer

• Old Salt
« Reply #70 on: January 03, 2018, 10:27:56 PM »
So I'm still trying to put the pieces together here.  You haven't actually used one of Mike's barrels but you can state with absolute certainty that what you say about C.F. barrels is pure fact?

Uuuuuh? Let me do the math. C.F. barrels are C.F. barrels. Mike's, not Mike's or another Mike's. It's a C.F. barrel produced on another manufacturer's equipment. Am I missing something?

Maybe I should claim every Polygonal barrel I've ever slummed, sold  and or shot which is a CHIT load as "Mine".

« Last Edit: January 03, 2018, 10:38:04 PM by Biggerhammer »

Offline Karl Blanchard

• Explorer
« Reply #71 on: January 03, 2018, 10:40:34 PM »

Uuuuuh? Let me do the math. C.F. barrels are C.F. barrels. Mike's, not Mike's or another Mike's. It's a C.F. barrel produced on another manufacturer's equipment. Am I missing something?

Maybe I should claim every Polygonal barrel I've ever slummed, sold  and or shot which is a CHIT load as "Mine".
  So thats a no you haven't shot any?

He just explained the differences between the barrels he finishes and chambers (hope that wording was less offensive to you) and other C.F. barrels yet your only rebuttal is to point out "they aren't his barels". 

Offline jrebel

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (+20)
  • Explorer
« Reply #72 on: January 03, 2018, 10:46:00 PM »
At the end of the day this is what I've learned to be fact.   Steel barrels have been working for decades.  There is no debate that a quality steel barrel that is well taken care of will last at least as long as a carbon wrap barrel.

Carbon wrapped barrels still have not 100% proven themselves to the market.   They at best are still being mastered or refined, otherwise they would be the gold standard.  They definitely have their spot in the market and have some hard core followers......call it a niche segment if you will. 

Though carbon would PROBABLY work for me......I KNOW steel will.  So.....thanks for all the friendly debate.  I will go with a steel barrel. 

NOW CAN WE GET THIS BACK ON TRACK........what rifle???  Pretty sure the caliber has been decided (99% on 300 win mag).  Barrel length will be 26".  What rate of twist for a 200-210 grain bullet.......9?? Or 10?? 

Offline KFhunter

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Legend
« Reply #73 on: January 03, 2018, 10:47:48 PM »
Oh hi jrebel,  totally forgot you were here  :hello:

Offline Biggerhammer

• Old Salt
« Reply #74 on: January 03, 2018, 10:51:38 PM »

So thats a no you haven't shot any?

He just explained the differences between the barrels he finishes and chambers (hope that wording was less offensive to you) and other C.F. barrels yet your only rebuttal is to point out "they aren't his barels".

If you read the prior posts. Your argument is redundant.

Still.....Again.. They are NOT his barrels. I can put lipstick on a pig all night looooooong! it doesn't change the fact it's a C.F. barrel by another manufacturer.

Wouldn't last for jack with the amount of junk I send down range. More power to the guy that can peddle it.

Why have a Sendero contour carbon fiber barrel when a #3 sporter weight will do the same in a hunting situation?

Only guy coming out ahead is the guy getting paid. FACT!
« Last Edit: January 03, 2018, 11:01:36 PM by Biggerhammer »

* Advertisement

* Recent Topics

Let’s see your best Washington buck by high_hunter
[Yesterday at 10:31:08 PM]

Bearpaw Season - Spring 2024 by actionshooter
[Yesterday at 09:43:51 PM]

Walked a cougar down by MADMAX
[Yesterday at 08:31:53 PM]

Which 12” boat trailer tires? by timberhunter
[Yesterday at 08:22:18 PM]

Lowest power 22 round? by JakeLand