collapse

Advertisement

Author Topic: New pistol advice  (Read 16411 times)

Offline brokemillwright

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Tracker
Re: New pistol advice
« Reply #75 on: January 07, 2018, 10:49:46 PM »
I carry a g43, light comfortable and reliable. Shields seemed snappy to me, I still want to get my hands on the ruger lc9 pro but takedown looks to be a bit of a pain.   I prefer shooting my g26, but after carried the 43 for so long I tried carrying the 26 and didn't like the extra weight and slight width

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Offline Jpmiller

• Political & Covid-19 Topics
  • Trade Count: (+2)
  • Frontiersman
« Reply #76 on: January 08, 2018, 06:34:21 AM »
I'm kind of wondering if I start with a slightly larger pistol and it's all I know if I won't be bothered as much as if I start with a smaller one and then would move to a larger model. I see a them here and elsewhere that most of the guys who talk about a pistol being too large or cumbersome are coming from a smaller model. Maybe if I don't know any better it won't bother me?

Offline brokemillwright

• Tracker
« Reply #77 on: January 08, 2018, 05:15:18 PM »
I like the subcompact because I dot go to extreme to IWB  carry like buying larger clothes/wearing a jacket all the time. I started with a g19 and since I drive alot the grip sticking out that much further into the seat made it uncomfortable in my truck. also knealing  down in the store then standing up, my shirt would always bunch up on the grip and expose it. again, I didn't really change my wardrobe to fit. you'll probly go thru a few pistols and even more holsters to find what works for you. 

I still plan on carry my 26 since I'm a little more accurate with it and it holds 4 or so more rounds but any gun is better than none so for now I'm goig with comfort

Offline Bofire

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Old Salt
  • Harley YAR YAR YAR!
« Reply #78 on: January 08, 2018, 09:11:47 PM »
 :) I do not care if people, who are looking, can see if I am carrying a gun, MOST people have no idea, if you carry or not. I am sure that some places it is very important to keep your gun concealed from everyone.
That is not the case for me, I carry everyday and have for years, no one seems to see. so for me I am more concerned about what I can do with my gun once I draw, not keeping it hidden. So I carry big(full size)  guns. my every day is a sig 226. you need to decide what your need is. :)
Carl
When the chips are down..... the buffalo is empty!!

I do not shop at Amazon

Offline huntnphool

• Chance favors the prepared mind!
  • Trade Count: (+15)
  • Legend
« Reply #79 on: January 08, 2018, 11:37:33 PM »
Is the 9mm enough?....oh yes, it is. One of the biggest messes I have ever seen was created with a .25acp. There are endless variables that can make one cartridge better than another for any given reason. Bottom line is, once someone is shot, they feel significantly less good than before they were shot, regardless of the cartridge.
The 30 round magazine in the keltec 22 magnum pistol is pretty fun to shoot too.that pistol weighs almost nothing empty. I've shot one quite a bit and haven't seen a misfired or jam. Pretty big pistol for cow though

My FiveseveN is a nice every day pistol as well. High capacity, low recoil and long range (for a hand gun). :twocents:
« Last Edit: January 09, 2018, 10:11:21 AM by huntnphool »
The things that come to those who wait, may be the things left by those who got there first!

Offline fish vacuum

• Sourdough
« Reply #80 on: January 09, 2018, 07:57:17 AM »

I started with a g19 and since I drive alot the grip sticking out that much further into the seat made it uncomfortable in my truck.

Appendix carry. Tuck the seatbelt behind it for easy access and to avoid pistol-shaped injuries in a wreck.

Offline Alchase

• Explorer
« Reply #81 on: January 09, 2018, 10:50:04 AM »
:) I do not care if people, who are looking, can see if I am carrying a gun, MOST people have no idea, if you carry or not. I am sure that some places it is very important to keep your gun concealed from everyone.
That is not the case for me, I carry everyday and have for years, no one seems to see. so for me I am more concerned about what I can do with my gun once I draw, not keeping it hidden. So I carry big(full size)  guns. my every day is a sig 226. you need to decide what your need is. :)
Carl

:yeah:

Most people are oblivious
I carry probably about 80% of the time ODB with just a t-shirt or light fleece jacket over it.
If we go out dressy I IWB usually in a Galco King Tuk or Milt Sparks Versa Max II.
Never have people looking twice.
Only 2 defining forces sacrificed themselves for you:
The American Soldier and Jesus Christ. One died for your freedom, the other for your soul.

My rock,
He trains my hands for war and my fingers for battle.
Psalm 144.1

Offline brokemillwright

• Tracker
« Reply #82 on: January 09, 2018, 12:59:03 PM »

I started with a g19 and since I drive alot the grip sticking out that much further into the seat made it uncomfortable in my truck.

Appendix carry. Tuck the seatbelt behind it for easy access and to avoid pistol-shaped injuries in a wreck.
appendix carry doesn't work for me, I must be to fat. plus I pee standing up so the gun in that area is just one more thing to hold onto, and I piss frequently. I carry at 3-4 o'clock in a Vedder single clip holster and that works for all my daily activities

Offline Jpmiller

• Frontiersman
« Reply #83 on: January 16, 2018, 07:22:07 PM »
So my neighbor shot his brother today and the man hunt seemed to take place in my barn and pasture so my wife is accelerating my timeline on a pistol purchase.

Leaning towards a glock, their website says I can't buy a .380 if I am not law enforcement so going to look for a g19. Anyone have any horror stories about them before I make the commitment? I like the size and the capacity on it and 9mm seems to be a good cartridge.

Offline jdb

• the illustious potentate
  • Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (+3)
  • Frontiersman
« Reply #84 on: January 16, 2018, 07:42:13 PM »
G19 is the standard by which others are judged.
nuke the gray whales for jesus!

Offline 81husky

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Hunter
« Reply #85 on: January 16, 2018, 08:08:40 PM »

Leaning towards a glock, their website says I can't buy a .380 if I am not law enforcement so going to look for a g19.

Glock 42 is 380 auto, and they're for sale most everywhere. G19's are great though, and the added capacity and power is nice to have.

Offline Special T

• Truth the new Hate Speech.
  • Business Sponsor
  • Trade Count: (+13)
  • Legend
  • Make it Rain!
    • Silver Arrow Bowmen
    • Silver Arrow Bowmen
« Reply #86 on: January 16, 2018, 08:13:30 PM »
So my neighbor shot his brother today and the man hunt seemed to take place in my barn and pasture so my wife is accelerating my timeline on a pistol purchase.

Leaning towards a glock, their website says I can't buy a .380 if I am not law enforcement so going to look for a g19. Anyone have any horror stories about them before I make the commitment? I like the size and the capacity on it and 9mm seems to be a good cartridge.
I find a 12 gauge and buck shot sends the proper message to those nosing around where they don't belong. The rack of a pump or a double barrel it the face speaks volumes!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

In archery we have something like the way of the superior man. When the archer misses the center of the target, he turns round and seeks for the cause of his failure in himself. 

Confucius

Offline Jpmiller

• Frontiersman
« Reply #87 on: January 16, 2018, 08:23:26 PM »

Leaning towards a glock, their website says I can't buy a .380 if I am not law enforcement so going to look for a g19.

Glock 42 is 380 auto, and they're for sale most everywhere. G19's are great though, and the added capacity and power is nice to have.

The g42 is a little too small. The lower capacity magazine is a bummer too.

Offline Eric M

• WA State Trappers Association
  • Sourdough
« Reply #88 on: January 16, 2018, 09:50:48 PM »

The g42 is a little too small. The lower capacity magazine is a bummer too.
There's a reason so many Glocks are sold. My only argument before you buy one is to go handle one a little. Some guys just do not like how they "feel". I can't really explain it in writing. You'll either like it or not. Just don't buy one on Gunbroker or whatever and then get it and wish you'd tried it first.  :twocents:

Offline buglebrush

• Sourdough
« Reply #89 on: January 16, 2018, 10:40:18 PM »
Absolutely hate the Glock.  I love the Springfield XD, and the S&W M&P 2.0. 

* Advertisement

* Recent Topics

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal