collapse

Advertisement

Author Topic: Whitefish info  (Read 3767 times)

Offline 300rum

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Sourdough
Re: Whitefish info
« Reply #15 on: January 05, 2018, 12:02:32 PM »
This thread got me interested in trying it for the first time.  I just tried looking at the regs for the yakima, what a mess.  I have no clue if it is open or not!

Offline Skyvalhunter

• Washington For Wildlife
  • Explorer
« Reply #16 on: January 05, 2018, 12:49:40 PM »
I have never fished the Yak for whitefish but heard they catch some dandies there. There are also a fair amount of them in the spill way of Banks Lake. That's where they busted some Russians catching more than their share.
The only man who never makes a mistake, is the man who never does anything!!
The further one goes into the wilderness, the greater the attraction of its lonely freedom.

Offline Nwgunner

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Hunter
  • Groups: RMEF Sportsmans Alliance
« Reply #17 on: January 05, 2018, 07:53:01 PM »
WHITEFISH Dec. 1-Jan. 31 No min. size. Daily limit 15 WHITEFISH only. Whitefish gear rules.  This applies to fishing on the Yakima river from Sunnyside to Roza dam, and the Naches river from Selah to Naches.

Whitefish   Gear   Rules Fishing gear is restricted to one single-point hook, maximum hook size 3/16" point to shank (hook size 14), and bait is allowed

Offline branches

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (+1)
  • Scout
« Reply #18 on: January 09, 2018, 06:28:09 PM »
We use to fish for whitefish when I was in high school on the Green River in Auburn and we would use a piece speedometer cable for weight and set up 3 small flys and tip with a maggot. We would use different color body flys  until we found out what color they would like that day and switch to that color and get up to 3 fish a drift. The limit was 15 back then and my friends Grandpa would smoke them or pickle them. If I was to go whitefishing now I think it would be the Cowlitz. I have caught some big whitefish while steelheading that river. Go below Barrier Dam and fish the fast water and you should do just fine.

* Advertisement

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal