collapse

Advertisement

Author Topic: New F 150 Diesels  (Read 14114 times)

Offline Special T

• Truth the new Hate Speech.
  • Business Sponsor
  • Trade Count: (+13)
  • Legend
  • Make it Rain!
    • Silver Arrow Bowmen
    • Silver Arrow Bowmen
Re: New F 150 Diesels
« Reply #15 on: January 09, 2018, 11:05:38 AM »
With all the new emmision control garbage  im not really sure the new diesels are worth the hefty sum they want for them. Even the Cummins that I love.

Had a friends new  Cummins throw a code for the Def Fluid sensor.  Gave them 250 miles or so to take to the dealer before it went into limp mode. Thing was almost new. And they were getting ready to go on a trip.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

They're seeing ~30mpg's on these F150's in the early stages. Our zone rep was here yesterday chattering about them a little.

You guys can talk all you want, but Fords and Dodges all break. They just have different problems. I have made lots and lots of mortgage payments based off of selling repairs and service work on both brands. I deal with lots of construction companies and city municipalities. Several of them are going away from diesels all together due to the fact that the DEF/regen/DPF stuff is not conducive to the work they need the trucks to do. Long idle times and they never get out on the road and get driven don't work well in these environments.
You stated what I was thinking, but better.
I'm seeing more gas 3/4-1ton purchases in my industry for the same reason. I know of a couple that will go gas in thier F450s when they purchase new ones.

In archery we have something like the way of the superior man. When the archer misses the center of the target, he turns round and seeks for the cause of his failure in himself. 

Confucius

Offline jackelope

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+27)
  • Legend
  • Groups: jackelope
« Reply #16 on: January 09, 2018, 12:27:38 PM »
We're getting trucks in here frequently that are de-rating and the guys just don't know that all they need to do is go drive them up the freeway a ways. Once they get themselves through a full regen they're fine. These same guys are idling so long, they're having their crews to do oil changes off their hour meters rather than their odometers.
:fire.:

" In today's instant gratification society, more and more pressure revolves around success and the measurement of one's prowess as a hunter by inches on a score chart or field photos produced on social media. Don't fall into the trap. Hunting is-and always will be- about the hunt, the adventure, the views, and time spent with close friends and family. " Ryan Hatfield

My posts, opinions and statements do not represent those of this forum

Offline TheHunt

• Washington For Wildlife
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Old Salt
« Reply #17 on: January 09, 2018, 01:23:34 PM »
I have a 2012 Ford ecoboost.  Never had a problem.  Great truck so far as I have 160,000 miles on it. 
275 down 2

Offline Wingin it

• Political & Covid-19 Topics
  • Trade Count: (+3)
  • Longhunter
« Reply #18 on: January 09, 2018, 09:38:04 PM »
The 5 liter V8 has been great for me so far but I only have 63k on it. I am curious about the F-150 diesels too though.

Offline Stein

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (+11)
  • Explorer
« Reply #19 on: January 09, 2018, 09:53:37 PM »
Perfect answer to the problem of the 1/2 ton owner who was wondering how he could spend more on maintenance.

Offline Special T

• Truth the new Hate Speech.
  • Business Sponsor
  • Trade Count: (+13)
  • Legend
  • Make it Rain!
    • Silver Arrow Bowmen
    • Silver Arrow Bowmen
« Reply #20 on: January 09, 2018, 10:30:54 PM »
Perfect answer to the problem of the 1/2 ton owner who was wondering how he could spend more on maintenance.
Lol

In archery we have something like the way of the superior man. When the archer misses the center of the target, he turns round and seeks for the cause of his failure in himself. 

Confucius

Offline b23

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (+7)
  • Frontiersman
« Reply #21 on: January 11, 2018, 10:23:17 AM »
Per the Ford wedsite.

The New 3.0L Power Stroke® Turbo Diesel V6
As part of its most advanced engine lineup ever, the 2018 Ford F-150 will offer a much-anticipated new alternative. The new 3.0L Power Stroke® Turbo Diesel V6 is built on the legacy of the tried-and-true Super Duty diesel, designed to deliver outstanding power in a hard-working truck.

The new diesel F-150 is ideal for drivers who tow and haul frequently. It’s rated to deliver 11,400 lbs. maximum towing, 250 hp at 3250 RPM, and an impressive 440 lb.-ft. of torque at just 1750 rpm.

Mark your calendar. Availability is scheduled for spring 2018.

Offline Stein

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (+11)
  • Explorer
« Reply #22 on: January 17, 2018, 06:38:35 AM »
Kind of makes sense for a guy like me that pulls a boat just a bit heavy for the 1/2 ton.  That said, Ford has a bit of a mixed track record with diesel engines and I wouldn't be first in line.  If they put together an engine/transmission combo that can pull hard for 300k miles, it could be a winner.

Offline jackelope

• Administrator
  • Legend
New F 150 Diesels
« Reply #23 on: January 17, 2018, 07:52:16 AM »
You can buy an F150 right now that is rated to tow more than the diesel will.
:dunno:

" In today's instant gratification society, more and more pressure revolves around success and the measurement of one's prowess as a hunter by inches on a score chart or field photos produced on social media. Don't fall into the trap. Hunting is-and always will be- about the hunt, the adventure, the views, and time spent with close friends and family. " Ryan Hatfield

Offline aaronoto

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (+1)
  • Scout
« Reply #24 on: January 17, 2018, 02:08:26 PM »

The 3.5 EB looks a little too good when compared to the diesel that I'm not sure the diesel would be worth the upcharge. 

Offline jackelope

• Administrator
  • Legend
« Reply #25 on: January 17, 2018, 03:45:08 PM »

The 3.5 EB looks a little too good when compared to the diesel that I'm not sure the diesel would be worth the upcharge. 

^^^^^^^^^^
I don't get it.

Offline bigmacc

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Frontiersman
« Reply #26 on: January 18, 2018, 03:40:43 PM »
Just some input for you jackelope, I bought a brand new 2.7 ecoboost 2 years ago and love it, I towed a 6,000lb trailer all over the west last summer. One trip was to Yellowstone and Jackson hole, went over a lot of passes at 60mph plus, some relatives were with us both pulling their trailers with Dodge trucks(one was a Hemi and the other a diesel), the 2.7 with the tow package out performed both :tup:

Offline baker5150

• Past Sponsor
  • Trade Count: (+3)
  • Frontiersman
  • Groups: Loser's Lounge - Lifetime Member
« Reply #27 on: January 18, 2018, 03:57:17 PM »
Just some input for you jackelope, I bought a brand new 2.7 ecoboost 2 years ago and love it, I towed a 6,000lb trailer all over the west last summer. One trip was to Yellowstone and Jackson hole, went over a lot of passes at 60mph plus, some relatives were with us both pulling their trailers with Dodge trucks(one was a Hemi and the other a diesel), the 2.7 with the tow package out performed both :tup:

Outperformed at Dodge diesel??

In what way? 

Offline bigmacc

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Frontiersman
« Reply #28 on: January 18, 2018, 04:59:27 PM »

Outperformed at Dodge diesel??

In what way?

Pulling the passes, there is a ton of youtube videos from all the truck magazines, check out the one where they have the 2.7 eco. pulling a 7,000 lb trailer over the "Gauntlet" in Colorado, those twin turbos are like a rocket when you put your foot into it.

Offline jackelope

• Administrator
  • Legend
« Reply #29 on: January 18, 2018, 05:10:23 PM »
Those ecoboost engines are impressive as heck.  I'm getting close to buying a new truck and am looking hard at the 2.7. I have to get psychologically past the sound of it, but I'm not at all concerned about it's performance.

* Advertisement

* Recent Topics

Let’s see your best Washington buck by jjhunter
[Today at 09:12:44 PM]

Hunting Dog Memorial by ghosthunter
[Today at 08:55:30 PM]

Pairs by Dan-o
[Today at 08:15:34 PM]

World Record Archery Blacktail by pd
[Today at 07:31:15 PM]

Let’s see your best Washington bull by trophyhunt